[Suggestion] King Foltest's card

+

Guest 3945410

[Suggestion] King Foltest's card

King Foltest is a very iconic character in the Witcher games. However, I find his GWENT card to be extremely generic. You can only tell it's him because of his clothes.

King Radovid's card, on the other hand, is perfect. It fully captures his personality.

I suggest that King Foltest's card ought to use different artwork. It should at least show his face more clearly. This would make the animated premium version more soulful as well. It might also feature something "typically Foltest", such as admiring his ballista, being inside a siege tower with his men, his pre-assassination moment with his heirs, handing Geralt a pouch of gold, or sleeping with his sister (well probably not).

Erichur;n7213210 said:
King Foltest is a very iconic character in the Witcher games. However, I find his GWENT card to be extremely generic. You can only tell it's him because of his clothes.

King Radovid's card, on the other hand, is perfect. It fully captures his personality.

I suggest that King Foltest's card ought to use different artwork. It should at least show his face more clearly. This would make the animated premium version more soulful as well. It might also feature something "typically Foltest", such as admiring his ballista, being inside a siege tower with his men, his pre-assassination moment with his heirs, handing Geralt a pouch of gold, or sleeping with his sister (well probably not).

I vote for him sleeping with his sister lmao.

I haven't paid much attention to the art work. Sounds like some cards could use a bit of work. But it's unlikely that's going to happen, because the art work isn't a high priority for the devs.

i think the opposite actually, yes you cant see his face very well but you can see him standing on fortifications and admiring his army and if there was something Foltest liked as much as siege engines and his sister its his army

I really like Foltest's art, it's definitely fine.

All the art designers did a very good job, because all the cards are so colourful, creative and fantastic. The only thing I'd like is the addition of more premium cards. :v At least Birna.. because I don't see myself spending 1600 scraps (2x legendary) for one card, unless I have all the cards already.

4RM3D;n7217550 said:
But it's unlikely that's going to happen, because the art work isn't a high priority for the devs.
You must be kidding. That is the most important part of the cards. Forgot where it was, maybe PAX, that they said that each art shall resemble what/who ever it depicts as good as possible.

KasumiGoto;n7217820 said:
The only thing I'd like is the addition of more premium cards. :v At least Birna.. because I don't see myself spending 1600 scraps (2x legendary) for one card, unless I have all the cards already.
Maybe I got you wrong but new premium cards are already announced: Iorveth, Vernon Roche, Birna Bran, Caretaker and Ragh Nar Rooh.

Last edited:
It's certainly not priority for the programming team. It's #1 priority for the art team, though. ;)

There were other versions of Foltest with alternate artwork in the Witcher 3, though each one had a different effect. I'm sure they will add those later.

Top Bottom