Suggestion: leave played special cards on the battlefield until the end of the round.

+
Suggestion: leave played special cards on the battlefield until the end of the round.

Remember how in Witcher 3 Gwent special cards would go to a separate pile when played, instead of straight to the graveyard? How about implementing something like that in the full game? The main reason I suggest this is to prevent resurrecting the same powerful special card several times in a row in one round without nerfing them to a 'fleeting' state. Let there be a pile of played specials that can't be interacted by other cards until the round ends. Pretty simple concept.

Also, let's try to have a calm and friendly discussion on the topic instead of calling names and getting upset about possibility of changing current game mechanics.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
So basically this is the second offensive you start against Aglais, seeing she is the only one who can replay spells from the graveyard. Implementing a separate graveyard (purgatory) just to balance one card, which has already been nerfed, is overkill. Please give it a rest.

Nope, Aglais isn't a threat for me since my main decks are Radovid and Eithne (containing Aglais). Aglais is the only one who can res specials for now, sure, doesn't mean there won't be any other similar cards. I suggest this to avoid possible future abuse of any special card (who knows what devs will add in the future) by any other card that will be able to res specials. Dunno, maybe I'm thinking too much ahead of the time, but I still wanted to discuss this.

Knightlon;n7424220 said:
So let's prevent those cards from having any use already now.

Well, you cant resurect a minion already on the board, that isen't breaking the game.

Yeah I know, apples to oranges, but I at least see where the OP is coming from with this idea. I dont think it is a necesity yet, but bringing up the posibility does no harm at the moment.

^TriforceDragon gets it. Resurrect a strong unit, and it's on the battlefield until destroyed (90% won't happen), decoyed or the round ends. Resurrect a special... and it's back in the graveyard ready to be resurrected again.

I mean, it's not about heavily limiting special resurrection. It's about abusing the same card over and over in the same round. Maybe there will be bronze units that can res a special with this system in place. Think about "in which conditions this system will be ok with most players" rather than "it will further nerf ST in current game build". Hmm?

^I appreciate that you simply think that it's a bad idea, and not assuming anything about my winrate or [nonexistent] hate for Aglais, haha.

I am kind of tired of how much you use the word "abuse". And seriously, it's just one golden legendary card. Is that such a problem?

NlelithZ44;n7423640 said:
Remember how in Witcher 3 Gwent special cards would go to a separate pile when played, instead of straight to the graveyard? How about implementing something like that in the full game? The main reason I suggest this is to prevent resurrecting the same powerful special card several times in a row in one round without nerfing them to a 'fleeting' state. Let there be a pile of played specials that can't be interacted by other cards until the round ends. Pretty simple concept.

Also, let's try to have a calm and friendly discussion on the topic instead of calling names and getting upset about possibility of changing current game mechanics.

You are trying to fix problems that don't exist.
There is also no indication that cards like that will ever exist. And if they will it is very likely they will be fleeting or gold.

In addition there is the problem of over-information: To much places where information is stored. (2 discard piles in this case.)
This may make the game more complex than is necessary. (Gwent is designed to be simple to understand.)

Sorry, but no. I too must agree it is a bad idea. For now atleast.

Top Bottom