Suggestion: Let fixer call for gigs when player is driving a car through city

+
Each gig in the game has its own coverage area. If the player is walking down the street, he gets a call from a fixer before he reaches the gig icon. If the player is traveling by car, even if he arrives at the location of the gig, he must get out of the car to get the job.

As a result, getting a job offer looks like this: you open the map, choose a gig, drive to the mission, get out of the car - you get a call from the fixer.

I think it's a very strange system. Let V get orders not only when he walks, but also when he drives past the gig area. That way the player can get orders while driving to a story or side mission. So you no longer have to open the map every time, choose a gig and go exactly to it. It will be possible to simply explore the world and receive quests.
Right now this works only if the player walks around the city on foot.

Actually, I think there should be an option where you can disable calls entirely and have to visit or call the fixers yourself to get gigs/side missions. Right now, you got all these contacts and no reason to give them a call or even visit them unless a mission calls for it.

The constant calls you get are very annoying and immersion breakers. I get calls while I m in the middle of quest dialogs sometimes.

I would like it more if you called the fixer, asking for a job, and are given various current job offers fitting your skillset. Only rarely do they call you about a specific job that needs doing within a certain time, asking if you're available (citywide) and willing to take on the gig. Also the possibility of the job being double booked, having another merc competing for the same job hired by another fixer.

Maybe a net based fixer posting board on the severely underused computers. Different fixers having different jobs, with some overlap. Listing current job offers in the city and it's surroundings. Jobs that list requests by the client, specific requirements needed, and payment plus bonuses upon certain objectives being met, kinda like the real internet. Jobs come and go over time, some pay better than others, some you're overqualified for and some underqualified.

At the moment it feels like you've been GPS tagged by the fixers seeing as they only call you when you are right next to the job and you're the only merc in the city. --- instead of just one of millions trying to get by the best you can.

Last edited:
have to visit or call the fixers yourself to get gigs/side missions.
I would like it more if you called the fixer, asking for a job, and are given various current job offers fitting your skillset.
Yes, that would be the best option. But that would require a complete redesign of the fixer system. I don't think CDPR will do that.
So I suggest the simplest alternative is to include the ability to get quests not only while walking around the city, but also while driving.

Yes, that would be the best option. But that would require a complete redesign of the fixer system. I don't think CDPR will do that.
So I suggest the simplest alternative is to include the ability to get quests not only while walking around the city, but also while driving.

I am all about options! Options to get more, less or no calls :D

As I mentioned, I already find the number of calls very disruptive and annoying, the last thing I want are more calls that auto answers while I m in the middle of something else.

Yes the ability to not answer calls and have them delayed would be great.
I much prefer to do the mission right after the call, so I'll remember what was said about it. I also miss the mission logs in witcher. How it kept updating what happened in the mission. In CP we only get that inicial text.

Top Bottom