[suggestion] Make Ciri Nova immune to Sieze effects.

+
It could still be Banished. But who plays Banish. Sieze, from the other hand, is annoying and sees way too much play. /edit, it seems to be already 'immune' to lock as it gets outta graveyard despite of being locked, then resets //// With immunity to lock and sieze, Ciri Nova would be much stronger, but still to play her, particularly after [nerf], you have to dedicate the entire deck. ////
[nerf] -- this card was designed, when there was no minimum UNIT count in deck!!! After bringing that requirement, NOTHING has been done to Ciri Nova.
It's always nice to have a card with immunity to annoying effects, With a slight rise in provisions, it wouldn't be too strong, but would be more fun to play than now.

Last edited:
I've tried many times to make Ciri Nova works but with the unit cap it's hard. The card is too low strength, to high provision for an effect that is not that impressive. It made for a nice combo in SK with Eist and Cerys but not even anymore. Seize kills the deck but then again, it's not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is the card is more or less unplayable (you can get some value early game but can't build around it).
Also: lock doesn't bother her, since it's removed upon entering the graveyard.

Such is the life when a card achieves "most played card in the game" status, as Nova did in open beta upon release and again when no unit was popular. Have to spend some time in exile before the rework.

This suggestion is to help her being playable without completely reworking it, thus w/o losing unique effect. If it was planned to be reworked, it'd already happened, as it's been unplayable for quite a time. Many threads like the current one what changes do we want next patch took on this card, obviousely, and nothing happened. (same with Laberdt, the one who kills "resilence" for 8 prov, while resilence is quite nonexistent.

Good for you that you tried to play her. Respect.
But there may be many uses of this card. It's weird enough that if it was very strong, deck trying to play it couldn't be tier1 anyways? Even if it was, with this effect, meta would be nicely refreshed, ha ha.
Now, speaking of specifics, consider it being cheaper version of Ruehin, but way more demanding. If it couldn't be stolen or locked like Ruehin is, you'd have a new incarnation of this archetype, that would be somehow playable, but way more demanding.

Well, I was thinking more of a situation, when you expect opponent to have lots of Sieze on a short round, and can buff Ciri to even 12, tall removal 10 prov would hit for 7, because 5 would come back from graveyard. I was thinking this kind of genius level pro situational plays, but agreably it wouldn't happen often, "situational".
Post automatically merged:

Such is the life when a card achieves "most played card in the game" status, as Nova did in open beta upon release and again when no unit was popular. Have to spend some time in exile before the rework.
Ah maybe it spends time in exile, well okay then...

same with Laberdt, the one who kills "resilence" for 8 prov, while resilence is quite nonexistent.
You mean the Lambert card, which will be reworked next patch?

Concerning the topic, I don't like giving such special exceptions to a single card. Something like that has to be either a general mechanic or shouldn't exist except in really special situations which I don't see given in this case.

Also, shouldn't Ciri:Nova be immun to lock already, as all cards reset when entering the graveyard?

ye, with lock my bad.
How do u know Limberth will be reworked? :O (serious question)

"Concerning the topic, I don't like giving such special exceptions to a single card. Something like that has to be either a general mechanic or shouldn't exist except in really special situations which I don't see given in this case. "
So errrrr, you want either an archetype that everyone plays, or not existing at all if it's too meme? My point is, if no rework, then at least buff it in a fancy way.
As I mentioned, you can EAT her... it is an existing archetype... Or murder her by throwing at enemies... Wild Hunt Eredin sorta theme...

In Beta you had Ciri Strengthen "archetype", saw it on one of tournaments. Now it is completely gone, a pity. With too tremendous buff, it might become overplayed. Like they did with Call of The Forest, it was ok already but they made it too easy to play instead and Francesca has tier0 consistency. Which won't be the case in a meme deck. If there were like 10 tier2 decks, 0 tier1 decks, and another 20 tier3 decks, meta would be fantastic, don't you think? So if you could play a tier 3 Nova deck, wouldn't you be happy? I'd be.

Gimpy will probably get a rework too, else that rework makes no sense in my opinion.

So errrrr, you want either an archetype that everyone plays, or not existing at all if it's too meme? My point is, if no rework, then at least buff it in a fancy way.
As I mentioned, you can EAT her... it is an existing archetype... Or murder her by throwing at enemies... Wild Hunt Eredin sorta theme...
I don't have anything against making her stronger or more usefull. But she shouldn't get an arbitrary immunity against certain effects by just writing it on the card.

If she shouldn't be targeted by Seize, she could have more base value and would damage herself at round end.
Or she could automatically move to the graveyard when she leaves your side of the battlefield. That would both make seize impossible, but would be a lot more interesting.

Top Bottom