Suggestion: Make Leaders "equally good"?

+
Suggestion: Make Leaders "equally good"?

I think that maybe, the players should be allowed to pick one leader from each faction who they think will suit their play style they want to start with and then the other 2 would be unlockable because right now, everyone is forced to start with the same faction leader and the other 2 are unlockable and that somehow suggests to me that they are therefore more rare and better than the "base" leader?

What do you guys think?

Let players choose their base leader or choose them randomly and then have the others as unlockables + unlockable animated/alternative leader artwork would also be nice! : )

I think that maybe, the players should be allowed to pick one leader from each faction who they think will suit their play style they want to start with and then the other 2 would be unlockable because right now, everyone is forced to start with the same faction leader and the other 2 are unlockable and that somehow suggests to me that they are therefore more rare and better than the "base" leader?

What do you guys think?

Let players choose their base leader or choose them randomly and then have the others as unlockables + unlockable animated/alternative leader artwork would also be nice! : )

I like that it would add more variety to the game early on.

My concern with allowing new players to choose a leader card is that they probably do not understand the implications of picking leader card unless they are already a Gwent veteran. We could be locking newbies into a less than ideal leader with their chosen faction for a month or even longer depending on the whims of our RNGoddess.

Honestly, all 12 of the leader cards should be unlocked from the start and available for deck building. There are more than enough other legendary cards to keep people incentivized to buy kegs and providing all of the leaders upfront gives them more options for deck experimentation.

Yes that would also be an option.

That leaves us with unlocking fancy animated/alternative artwork for each leader and that sounds like a good idea to me!

Top Bottom