Suggestion: Neutral devotion

+
I like the idea of devotion, and I like the idea of uniform decks. What I think would be cool is creating a neutral equivalent (call it Soldier of fortune, or mercenaries,) which only triggers with no faction cards. You could even take it one step further and attach it to Bandit, Witcher, and Dragon archetypes which would all get a few new cards. Best part is that this archetype works with any leader ability in the game.

Yeah i was kind of hoping for a neutral Olgierd Evolving Devotion Card back when they released the trailer, would be a meme Deck but I think it would be fun trying to make a only neutral Deck work.

DRK3

Forum veteran
As a big fan of 100% Neutral decks, i like this idea. I've been playing these decks since Open Beta, where it was almost impossible to build such deck since there were no bronze neutral units, but i managed.

A card like Shupe, but for "Neutral Devotion" could be decisive in making these work, as currently its almost impossible to win with such a deck.

(EDIT) Here are some throwback screenshots of my Beta Neutral decks:

Neutral Cow Decklist.jpg

SK Neutral Deck.jpg

Last edited:
Also really appreciate the idea of neutral devotion.

To my mind one might even think about neutral leaders building around some neutral-specific tags:
- For example Gascon: Can have neutral cards or bandits from other fractions. Provision limit: 25. Ability: Give one allied unit bleeding if you play a unit without the bandit tag.

Last edited:
devotion is good. no neutral cards. yeah. i hate neutral cards. specially, Geralt:Yrden and Korathi Heatwave. They are counter for me always.

My sense, and I am a new enough player that I could be missing something, is that pure neutral decks are hard or impossible to make competitive. The cards are generally weaker than similar faction specific cards, there are few neutral engines, few neutral synergies, and few neutral win conditions. Perhaps neutral devotion, or good neutral leaders could change that, but unless a neutral deck can be made viable, effort toward neutral devotion could probably be better spent elsewhere.

The only true neutral deck options I have identified that are possibly viable are a bandits deck and an armor deck, and both are much better when a few faction cards can be included. There just isn’t enough bronze card support fo other archetypes.

If current neutral cards are lackluster. Then there is a huge market opportunity to make it work. Future expansions, more neutral cards, neutral devotion. Or rebalance of neutral cards, that are not tech-cards (wolf pack, Peasant militia etc).
Faction cards without any condition are more valuable than neutral cards. Deithwen arbalest 3,3 gives 1 more point of bleed than Cutthroat 3,2

Top Bottom