[Suggestion] New mission handling and payment

+
It seems a bit strange that you work as a merc and people want to hire you for jobs, but at no point does V seems especially interested in payment. I mean lots of these jobs require you to kill, kidnap, steal, break ins often leading you to be shot at or having to shoot someone. And you have no clue what you will be paid for it? When you look at the list of missions, especially Gigs, these information should be there and maybe be connected to your street cred as well as your reputation with that fixer, like how many jobs you have done for them, did you do it well or not.

V simply accept whatever is paid after the job is finished. Think these information should be added, both so the player can decide which job to prioritize, but also it doesn't make a lot of sense in a world where people are suppose to cheat and exploit each other, at every turn, that V is completely fine with it. :)

So my suggestion is to add these information, but would even suggest taking it a bit further.

Random jobs and side missions, which are not crucial for the main story, should be handled more realistic.

The way you ought to be offered jobs, should be based on a mixture between street cred and reputation with a specific fixer. Where Street cred is the dominating one, especially if it is a new fixer.

So in the start when you have no street cred, the fixers or some of them might offer you rather low paying jobs and your ability to negotiate with them very limited, as you are basically a nobody.
As you do jobs for them and if you do them good, they will start to lighten up and value you more and be willing to pay more for using you, as you get the job done to their satisfaction.
This should allow you to contact them through the phone or meet with them, saying you want more money. Which they might then decline, accept or meet somewhere in the middle. I don't know if Gigs are randomly generated? but if they are, and the fixer decline you wanting more money, with a warning like "That is the final offer, take it or leave it?" and you don't accept it, that job should be gone.

If you encounter a new fixer for which you haven't done any jobs, your reputation with them will obviously be low. But if your street cred is high, they will obviously have heard about you as these things gets around. Which would make them, know that you are not just some random merc that they can just push around and are therefore more willing to negotiate payment as well, because they expect you to do a good job.

I think that would make for a more realistic, yet still fairly simple system, which would make the gigs and V's role as a merc shine a bit more. Rather than just being someone that just accept whatever.

If you do poor jobs more than good, it should lower your street cred as well, as you are just screwing things up constantly. Which will make you get offered jobs which are of lower payment and not as important or complex as what you could be offered were you doing a good jobs for them.

Last edited:
This kind of system I came to expect leading up to the game's release. I was, a little let down, ah well.
It'd be awesome to see something like this, or just deeper than what we have now, but those overlooking the game's development probably don't want anything implemented into the game that might be tOo CoMpLeX or RPG-like for the average consoomer.

This kind of system I came to expect leading up to the game's release. I was, a little let down, ah well.
It'd be awesome to see something like this, or just deeper than what we have now, but those overlooking the game's development probably don't want anything implemented into the game that might be tOo CoMpLeX or RPG-like for the average consoomer.
Can only hope :D

I mean I don't really think it would be all that difficult to implement, given that they must already track your street cred, so tracking the amount of jobs you have done for a fixer shouldn't be all that difficult. Also the payment is already there, just need to be based on these values and then add some negotiating..... bum bum.. :D

I agree. You can only ask about it a few times and each time its just, "you'll get eddies, don't worry". Why not be able to push your cred, make some more money? Maybe being required to pay for things, too. When Johnny wants to have some fun, "Oh and by the way, I'll need $10000 to do it". Getting information could cost something but I think it comes for pretty much free except for Rogue, right? I didn't try going around Dex but no payment comes out of it anyway? Basing fixer fees on street cred would make the game seem like it cares what you do a little more when there is no influence on other behaviour.

I think the whole economic system needs an overhaul.

There should definitely be more immersion with the gigs. A lot of the ideas you suggested are good ones.

- Being able to negotiate payment
- Street cred affecting which contracts you can get
- Your relationship with the fixer affecting contracts as well
- Being able to decline gigs
- Unique cut scenes with fixers once you do enough work for them. Maybe they reward you with gifts or take you out partying.

I think the whole economic system needs an overhaul.

There should definitely be more immersion with the gigs. A lot of the ideas you suggested are good ones.

- Being able to negotiate payment
- Street cred affecting which contracts you can get
- Your relationship with the fixer affecting contracts as well
- Being able to decline gigs
- Unique cut scenes with fixers once you do enough work for them. Maybe they reward you with gifts or take you out partying.
I agree, the economy is a mess to the point of there not being any at all to be honest. Except maybe in the very beginning like, 15-20 minutes after the game starts you feel poor. But it quickly change, you are given cars and motorcycles left, right and center, which sort of ruins the point of buying them, except for fun. You don't have to pay for anything, besides bribes or some quest things. Gear in general doesn't really seem worth buying, except a few things, which are very expensive, its like night and day, between a legendary and an epic.

You never get the feeling that you are struggling, compared to being filthy rich, besides those few items you have to save for, yet you still collect other people's food off the street, ashtrays and other "valuables." :) It doesn't make for a good economy.

In my opinion, V's income should come from doing merc work and completely different jobs, like taxi driving, maybe even be paid to go on dates with people on bars, could have some funny quests with that. BDs could somehow be integrated, there are so many odd or funny ways they could make you earn money in CP, yet they chose the most boring and normal one in my opinion, which is just to loot stuff. And with a broken economy it just doesn't work very well.

In general the game should make you feel like you are not just handed everything on a silverplate. V should be poor in general, fighting to making a living in Night city, while dealing with the issues he/she have, because that is what they want us to believe. And only when you make a name for yourself, you should start to feel rich, but at that point you should be able to buy new apartments etc. But again as it is now, these are also sort of handed to you as well for free.

To me, they should simply say screw all the other games and not copy them, they want it to be a RPG, then add stuff that improve that feeling and do it in their own unique way.

Top Bottom