Suggestion: Remove the cheap "The First Card You Play Will Be Killed" cards

+
There is no excuse for CHEAP cards like Marauder the way they are. It is brutally oppressive, considering the options the other Bronze cards from other factions are having. Does it have a condition to meet, to be that effective? It does have one, and it is a cheap one.

There was a reason why in Beta Bronzes were restricted to deal up to X amount of damage. Marauder is a shining example of why Homecoming feels so off and unfair. Especially when you see these cards in some factions that are so much better than cards with the same PP in other factions. And they are better standing on their own. Give Marauder in ANY other faction and I can assure you it will replace other 4 PP cards with ease.

Well, unless Marauder is an opening card, the condition of it is pretty bad (unless you play a self damage benefit unit). And even if it is the opening card, and you have tactical advantage, Marauder does not even take out the whole tactical advantage

Marauder could be restricted to Melee row (for damage, not just to trigger deploy). Kinda like the ST elf. "Split 4 damage randomly among units on the Melee row". Like that opponent can play on the ranged row, and for the Marauder player, you can also try to "control" the damage by placing units you want to damage on your melee row. It would make him less oppressive early in the round, and less useless later on...

Marauder could be restricted to Melee row (for damage, not just to trigger deploy). Kinda like the ST elf. "Split 4 damage randomly among units on the Melee row". Like that opponent can play on the ranged row, and for the Marauder player, you can also try to "control" the damage by placing units you want to damage on your melee row. It would make him less oppressive early in the round, and less useless later on...

That would make the Marauder more flexible for mid/late game. Skellige could place all their units on the range rown, then play Marauder twice if the opponent have alot of units on the Melee row.

Yeah, and that would come with the risk of stacking units on a row. The opponent could do the same. It would make the marauder more flexible but less annoying

Yeah, and that would come with the risk of stacking units on a row. The opponent could do the same. It would make the marauder more flexible but less annoying

Nah, more annoying actually. Just use the tactical advantage if you are worried about Marauder.

So you get Cleavered into oblivion.

Just change the stupid card - it deals WAY too much damage for a Bronze.

I certainly think it is possible to keep discussing Cleaver, Gimpy Gerwin and Skeldon Skaggs, and wondering if they perhaps should be 10 provisions. The amount of people who bring these cards is too high for what it should be, so we see these cards too often.

I think all 3 of them should have the same provision, maybe also Hubert Rijk. 9 is starting to not look proficient in this regard, and perhaps putting them at 10 provisions would be more reasonable. It would simply increase the risk and decrease the "auto-include" factor.

I don't agree on Marauder. As I said, tactical advantage will absorb that damage and give +1. Marauder ONLY works if the opponent does not have any units on the board. The only context it makes sense to even discuss Marauder change is in the context of special cards/no units deck.

Top Bottom