SUGGESTION: Replayabiliy & Factions

+
A lot. A lot of systems. I am not hoping for this to affect the main story. I wouldn't mind something to do once it is all done though. Recurring events with some variety would help, and if planned right can be added too and/or modded over time.

NCPD Missions

Loyalty to the badge and walking a fine line. Stay clean. Go dirty. It's up to the player.

The scanner hustles pop up as the player travels around the map. They are near your current location. After the notification (police lady message) the player can accept the mission, and the the player is guided to the event area. These missions should not show up on the main map until they are acknowledged. They are randomly handed out and never end but have a range of circumstances. The types are Random Assaults, Shoot outs, and Crimes in Progress. Some escalate beyond the initial confrontation. Enemy reinforcements arrive, Enemies flees and needs to be chased down, etc...

NCPD has Police Stations (shocking i know) around the City that provide bounty and open investigation missions.
Organized Crime type missions, Bounty hunts, and investigations occur every 2 - 4 in-game days. Once accepted they appear on the main map. Every district has at least one office. Some may be hidden depending on the district.

Add "Major Engagement" every 7 - 10 in-game days. Gang wars where entire neighborhoods are blocked off, like in prologue. Mass shootings where a individual or group take large areas over and make demands and/or just start killing everyone. Terrorist bombings and hijackings.

Flip all this around for Gang / Criminal Factions / Corps

Gangs have the fiercest loyalty. To a fault. Betrayal is not tolerated, but bravado and recklessness are often over valued.
Corps are a mixed bag and will work with anyone to make a profit or gain the upper hand. they also have little to no loyalty. betrayal is more common and to be expected.

The scanner will go off with a "pirated" signal. Same rules as for NCPD. The types are Shake downs, shoot outs, aid in escape, plant explosive, deliver package / VIP, theft, data hacking, etc...

Each Gang has "Gang houses" Each Corp has Corp Offices. Generally the same as NCPD. Organized crime deals and hustles. Heists, cons, espionage, body gaurd, hits, etc...

The "BIG ONES" are rare jobs that affect the player's standing with a factions directly. The player gains access to these through general Street Cred at the start, and Faction Loyalty once player starts choosing more jobs from a specific group. A mix of the other jobs w/ unique situations and dialog. These are all one time missions for Faction story and standing affect.

Street Cred should be a general standing or attitude. So it grants titles and is a barometer for the player. So gangs, corps and law enforcement will react to the player a certain way. Ex. being harassed or praised by factions in general and those affiliated with them.

Nomads would also be nice, but since they are so watered down I think it would take a lot to add them. Also if an NPC scheduling system is added, time of day could play a factor in how and when to approach each mission. As well as even have more or less missions available based on time of day and location.

Last edited:
Yeah, Tons of posts on this. It's pretty clear they didn't have time to polish the endings or end game. So they gave us half baked endings and shot us back to a checkpoint. Under the excuse of "well you can get the other endings". As players would have an issue with a new playthrough.
I've given my suggestions multiple times, so I won't do it again. But hopefully DLC adds actual outside of story crap to do.

created a similar ( but way less detailed ) topic about such thing. And indeed that game world could more than use "procedural / repeatable" content

There is atleast one mission that can be solved with just basically giving scavs reason you suck speech if you have high enough tech! I would like if there would be more things to solve just that way =)

Agreed. Street cred as it is now is too general. Cred with whom? Which street - mine or yours? Currently I don't feel like it matters when I interact with NPCs. Finished ~60% of all quests and I'm yet to see anybody say something about me being a known entity in NC or a complete poser. To me street cred is just an artificial way of limiting vendor stock for low-level characters.
Tracking reputation separately for each faction is the way to go. Some should be linked (neighbourhood gangs that are on good terms with each other, at least during the events of CP2077). Others should be long-standing rivals, attacking each other fiercely on sight. Depending on how often you work with any of the factions, the attitude of everybody else in NC towards you should shift. Enter faction-specific rewards and quests that become available only after you prove yourself.

Cyberpunk needs to look at Fallout 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 for RPG and world immersion elements

I feel like CDPR had a serious lack of direction in this department. Part of making a great product is seeing what the competition is doing and improving upon it. It seems CP2077 isolated itself from that concept and tried to build from scratch.

I feel like CDPR had a serious lack of direction in this department. Part of making a great product is seeing what the competition is doing and improving upon it. It seems CP2077 isolated itself from that concept and tried to build from scratch.
Yep, and they always have. It wasn't so noticeable in the first couple of Witcher games since they weren't full open world, but once the Witcher 3 came around, it was glaringly obvious they didn't know how to populate a large free-roam environment--and maybe don''t care to know.

CDPR has always been focused on narrative and characters that elicit a strong emotional response. Everything else in their games tends to feel like it is playing second fiddle to that purpose. The open world content in this game reflects that--there is some attempt to inject that same impactful storytelling into the open world missions; but, since the missions are cut down to fit into mold of "light" side content, the gameplay isn't there to compensate.

This is in contrast to other games that understand how to counterbalance a quest with minimal story by injecting more of an emphasis on gameplay -- dungeons, puzzles, more varied enemies and situations. Hopefully they understand this and work to improve in future installments.

. Hopefully they understand this and work to improve in future installments.

it would be nice, especialy with the cyberpunk 2077 world map that could more than use a "living" content outside of their straight line story. ( so like tons of others open world game that barely never have such content )
Not taking advantage of that would imho be a real waste.

Top Bottom