Suggestion - Returning Journeys for Meteorite Powder

+
Now that the Journeys are returning back, it would be a good option to offer them for meteorite powder as well. e.g. if they normally cost around €9 sell them for €18 worth of powder (4500 powder).

For those that have a full premium collection it would finally offer an alternative way to spend their powder since CDPR decided they will not make any worthwhile powder cosmetics or sell the old ones for powder.

It would still be of limited use as I am guessing most veteran players got all the Journeys, but for those that skipped some it would be a nice way to help them finally spend some powder on something if they have that much accumulated.

What are your thought?

As a side note, it would be a good idea for the devs to figure out a way for veteran players to spend earned resources ore/scraps/powder on something worthwhile or anything at all for that matter. Without a spending outlet all resources lose their purpose for those that have a full premium collection already, and don't need kegs, scraps for cards or powder to premium them.

I think Journeys should stay paid; powder is easy enough, although slow, to earn by just playing the game.

The game needs some form of monetization to stay alive, and Journeys are a very good way to handle that.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I would love if that was implemented, but i seriously doubt it would happen.

Maybe you're right and most veterans already completed the journeys, but at least this veteran right here is quite the cheapskate, and ive only bought the Ciri Journey and im quite happy with that decision, although i did reach level 100 on all other journeys without the premium quests. So as you can guess, buying them with powder would be the same as being free for me, as ive got nothing to spend resources on.

BUT... im definitely not a good representation of the average Gwent player, my situation is very fringe.
No, the devs will absolutely not make these journeys more accessible, because they are actually more in demand now than they were when available for the first time - ive seen pleads for these Journeys to return on a weekly basis (specially the Geralt and Ciri ones), maybe even more, as players felt they had missed out on them and are so desperate they would probably be willing to pay twice their cost for them now... Im not saying CDPR will do this, probably not because that would lead to a big controversy and they dont want to damage their image even more... but they could.

Finally, the new game director said on the last dev stream they care about veteran players - i dont believe this for a second, or to be fair to Vlad, maybe i believe that's what he wants, but the higher ups and their pressures will keep them focused on bringing and retaining new players, which is way more efficient and lucrative than trying to cater to the veterans, which will keep being a plan in the background.

For example, they could start by fixing the max level max prestige contract for the 'Elder' title, which has been glitched for years and absolutely no one has it, and nobody has bothered to fix that yet :giveup:

Sounds really good but it's true, journeys keep the game alive. I've had multiple friends quit and come back when new journeys arrive, everything feels fresh. If only metas were like this lol. Anyway, great idea, thumbs up, don't have my hopes up though :(

the new game director said on the last dev stream they care about veteran players - i dont believe this for a second, or to be fair to Vlad, maybe i believe that's what he wants, but

I don't believe it either, until I actually see some action on it. I really hope they come through with some content and something to spend resources on for veteran players. As it is now there is just no incentive to play or even to buy the new Journeys unless you really want a specific character; because apart from the cosmetics all the resources you get are completely useless when you have nothing to spend them on. In 2020 we at least had a new season tree with a cool cardback each month so there was a reason to come back and play, but this year with no seasonal content and nothing to really keep me interested, I find myself barely playing anymore apart from a few games here and there when I feel like it, and when a seasonal event is live; hoping for something cool as a Christmas event.
Post automatically merged:

I think Journeys should stay paid; powder is easy enough, although slow, to earn by just playing the game.

The game needs some form of monetization to stay alive, and Journeys are a very good way to handle that.

Powder was always regarded as a paid premium currency, and while you can get it in very small amounts from the reward book it would hardly be feasible for you to buy every Journey with it if it was 5000 powder; or they could even make it more if they think that's too low. Can you even get that much powder if you max out all the reward trees?

As for monetization, if the Journeys were so critical to that they would not be scrapping them for 2022, with just one new Journey left and then nothing but repeats. While I like that the old Journeys are returning, especially for new players that is a very good move, they should still consider veteran players that have all the Journeys maxed out and will basically have no new content to play or buy in 2022.

Last edited:
Journeys are not being "scrapped" when there is a new one coming -- and they haven't said it will be the last one, either. Unnecessary drama...
Besides, many players missed one or more of the Journeys, so there will be people purchasing them next year.

Plus, it would be highly unfair to suddenly offer previously paid products for in-game currency. Especially when, originally, said products were planned to be unique and one-time-only.

For example, they could start by fixing the max level max prestige contract for the 'Elder' title, which has been glitched for years and absolutely no one has it, and nobody has bothered to fix that yet :giveup:
So I won't get anything when I finally get those remaining 29 levels? Damn :(
On topic - I think journeys better stay the way they were. Maybe it'll free time time for the devs to fix other aspects of the game. Like the 10th Prestige reward, daily quests. Maybe even implement some conversion system for excess RPs.

Please no. This bug is too fun for it to be finally fixed after 3+ years, especially now that it's getting more bugged. Maybe not fun in the positive way, but fun nonetheless.

Top Bottom