Suggestion: Scoiateal need better ambush cards.

+
Suggestion: Scoiateal need better ambush cards.

So, I decided to make a Ambush Scoia deck. There are not a lot of ambush cards, and not a lot of them are useful in the context of ambushing your foes. I saw one silver card that buffs everything on the row. And can be played on the foe's side. Why would you want to place that on a foe's side of the feild aside from maybe a well timed scorch?

What we need are a few more cards related around ambushing, and playing with the foe. A couple of cards that work while face down for exampe, so they need to guess whehter to reveal it or not. Or my own personal silver/gold suggestion:

Silvercard: Keep one ambush card on the row next round. Kinda like adrenaline rush except it works on face down ambush cards. (BTW, was disappointed when I found out adrenaline riish does not work on currently face down cards)

Last edited:
So, I decided to make a Ambush Scoia deck. There are not a lot of ambush cards, and not a lot of them are useful in the context of ambushing your foes. I saw one silver card that buffs everything on the row. And can be played on the foe's side. Why would you want to place that on a foe's side of the feild aside from maybe a well timed scorch?

Toruviel is the card you encountered. She is a very powerful tool for the following purposes:

1. She activates at the end of the round, so placing her on one of your rows with numerous units can generate a large amount of unexpected strength and there is no recourse for an opponent because both players have passed. For added subterfuge, are other ambush cards a Scoiateal player might play loyally, such as Ida Emean or Ciaran. It's a transparent ploy but the opponent is left guessing if they should make a stronger commitment to win a round or stay greedy and assume Toruviel isn't the ambush card or even concede the round and not spend cards.

2. In regards to a disloyal play, Toruviel can combo with Dol Blathanna Trapper to add 4 strength (2 from Trapper, 7-5=2 from Toruviel) and then remove 3 strength (+2 -5 = -3) from every other unit on an enemy row. Again, because this particular card combo occurs at the end of a round, there is nothing either player can do to prevent the strength changes once they occur.

Generally speaking, the threat of a potential Dol Blathanna Trapper on a row will cause a player to either (A) power through the Trapper's effect so more cards can be committed to that row or (B) ignore the row entirely to avoid activating the ambush card. In these latter cases, Toruviel and Ciaran can almost guarantee an activation after both players pass.

They need to start with MORE ambush cards, that way it's harder for the opponent to tell which one is it they are playing.

Top Bottom