[Suggestion] Seize Rework

+
Change to: Sieze the lowest unit on a row. If there are 3or more.
if it also had: boost an enemy unit by 1 on play, could choose between 2 lowest

Slave master rework:
1 body
Sieze the lowest enemy on opposing row if there are 4 or more. If there are less , gain assimilate and damage one enemy by 3

Last edited:
While I dislike Ardal (Enslave), your idea would kill the leader. There are so many great things that can be done with leaders and in this particular case, if you want to rework Ardal, you don't have to try to keep his ability. Something like CDPR did with AQ, they completely changed her ability.

Could as well add new leader ability instead of completely reworking this one, 4RM3D.
If my idea, I could pull good values out of it with addition of Stray of Spalla and opponent would need to play better to counter it, can't play Defender then important unit, has to delay which is a big advantage. Doesn't look like a kill to me.

NG is just a complete dogs bollock of a faction. I just played against quadruple bribery which created every decent Gold I had in my deck, including my own defender. 20+ provs per turn, two turns in a row, then Korathi/Yenn Invocation to crap on any decent card you've got.

I still now have no idea how Bribery was played in their next turn. Smells like typical Gwentycard bullcrap to me.

If my idea, I could pull good values out of it with [...]

Oh, I understand the idea you went for, but it just makes the leader unreliable and that's not something most players want from a leader. Quite the opposite, the leader is usually used to make combos more reliable, not the other way around.

If anything seize shouldn't be available to factions which can summon 20 and more points within two turns with literary zero setup. That makes much less sense to me.
Seize makes only sense in context when your own units are squishy combo related and easy to destroy so you want to use what your opponents offer and make their field work against them.
I struggle with ardal too as new player but its pretty obvious that I have to hold to 1-2 instant solution options when facing him (for defender and damien). Also his conditions make his gameplay quite predictable and provide a lot informations to you.

Well, that sound pretty weak to me and doesn't fix the core problem being that a seizing effect on a leader is poor design.
It's just like immune and the reason CDPR rightfully reworked Eredin (not with the right ability unfortuantely but at least they changed it), some effect should never, ever be on a leader.

It would be weak only vs Swarm deck, this is why Ardal'd need some AoE
Otherwise it'd be stronger than now as I suggested it imo, except opponent could play around it much more. If test shown it'd be too op, the value of Boost on use could be increased from 1 to like 3, or to dynamic val, depending on the lowest unit being siezed...

I agree that Sieze on leader is broken, but also Philippa sieze is broken, so it's not the rule that it being on leader makes it broken, no?
If you nerf it severly, it'll be less powerful. If you completely rework it, could as well add a completely new ability (now with decoupled leaders not a biggie).
Rework of cards (like Eredin) do happen, but quite rarely. I'm trying to change existing cards to make them viable or not broken but with a high potential, and to aviod dumbing down cards to "boost/damage/play a card"...

The point is, that now you can choose what to sieze and it's not even locked. Which is brainless.But if it's the lowest or the highest, you have to use the iq on WHEN to use it, as the timing it'd be crucial here...
And, that it shouldn't be on leader becaues of being instant action that practically can't be played around much. With my suggestion you could play around more, I think.

How about, "Damage 2 adiecent untis by 2, then boost one enemy by 2, then sieze the lowest enemy on a row" ...
or
"Create and play a Slave Master (old version with 4 on a row)", maybe with "Create and play a Pig 1 body no skill on opponent row, then create and play Slave Master".

I don't know, it's just an idea. Tailbot will choose a tier 3 meme deck to play it for Gwent Challenger anyways, so maybe if he had something extremaly difficult but with an actual potential, he'd at least win for once :giveup:

You're all making it too complicated. All that's needed here is a limit on seize options:

- Phillipa should need to spend 2 coins per 1 STR of card, max out at 8 coins spent to seize a 4 STR card
- Ardal should similarly have a set seize of 4 STR and below, regardless of tactics in deck
- Muzzle should reduce to 4 STR and provs subsequently down from 12 to 10

In addition, seizing a card should automatically purify and lock that card. It's a point swing and disruption, that's all. It isn't a mechanic to play a card you like.

Pretty simple then all of this becomes annoying, but not game-breaking.

Phillipa is currently the worst card there is. 3 point body, 18 point swing and NOTHING you can do about it. 21 points, thanks. Either bring in the changes - muzzle was made a non-tactic to limit Stefan Skellen - or NG loses its' Defender. Can't have it both ways. All I face these days is NG, with the odd Mystic thrown in.

poor Ruehin then :cry:
Post automatically merged:

how about Sweers, there are some decent engines with 3 body now

Last edited:
poor Ruehin then :cry:
Post automatically merged:

how about Sweers, there are some decent engines with 3 body now

Same thing, they can disrupt/seize, but the unit they take locks. In lore terms, it's about capturing a unit, right? You're not becoming mates with a dwarf who then starts attacking other dwarves! Potentially they could include things like "Enchant" or "Bribe" to take a unit + abilities.

I am facing seize so many times that I am sick of it. The same deck always, even in unranked mode. Seize a unit with 6 power, refresh ability, Leto copying refresh ability. Reset defender and steal unit with 3 power, or put defender on opponents deck or purify him or damage and seize him. I know there are solutions but this limits the decks I can play and win because I need to damage units immediately when they appear.

You're all making it too complicated. All that's needed here is a limit on seize options:

- Phillipa should need to spend 2 coins per 1 STR of card, max out at 8 coins spent to seize a 4 STR card
[...]
Then Philippa would be completely unplayable and be worse than Wolf Pack and Peasant Militia, you already play a 3 for 10 that can convert 1 coin into 2 points (which usually are worth half the points she gets anyways), so increasing the cost to 2 means you play a 3 for 10 that can spend resources other cards can spend far more effectively.

Honestly I cannot hear it anymore, people acting like coins in SY are worth 0 points (rule of thumb is that coins are worth 1,... points) and then pretending that a spender would be gamebreaking because it actually channels the points other cards collected.
Strictly speaking (ignoring engines, which are smaller and add other benefits) Philippa has to steal at the very least a 7 to be a 10 for 10 (or 17 for 17 if you want to consider it that way).

[...]
- Ardal should similarly have a set seize of 4 STR and below, regardless of tactics in deck
[...]
No, a leader, which finally creates an incentive for the deck structure should not completely lose that.
In that case Ardal should rather be completely reworked (which {as 4RM3D already mentioned} got reworked for similar reasons).

Then Philippa would be completely unplayable and be worse than Wolf Pack and Peasant Militia, you already play a 3 for 10 that can convert 1 coin into 2 points (which usually are worth half the points she gets anyways), so increasing the cost to 2 means you play a 3 for 10 that can spend resources other cards can spend far more effectively.

Honestly I cannot hear it anymore, people acting like coins in SY are worth 0 points (rule of thumb is that coins are worth 1,... points) and then pretending that a spender would be gamebreaking because it actually channels the points other cards collected.
Strictly speaking (ignoring engines, which are smaller and add other benefits) Philippa has to steal at the very least a 7 to be a 10 for 10 (or 17 for 17 if you want to consider it that way).

No, a leader, which finally creates an incentive for the deck structure should not completely lose that.
In that case Ardal should rather be completely reworked (which {as 4RM3D already mentioned} got reworked for similar reasons).

Bottom line for me is ANYTHING that's seized should be purified and locked. No armour, no shield, no charges, no boosts, and no immediate ability (though it could be unlocked). Whether that's buy Muzzle, NG or Philipa. Would solve the real problem with it.

In addition, anything that's "barricaded" can't be seized either. Make armour a decent counter to stupid seize decks.

Bottom line for me is ANYTHING that's seized should be purified and locked.

While I am no fan of Ardal (Enslave), I do not want to see the Seize mechanic butchered. Too many mechanics in the game are already about damage and buffs. Having different kind of mechanics like Seize and Poison to add variety is preferable. For example, damaging an engine to 3 strength (or less) and then seize it with Sweers is an interesting tactic.

Top Bottom