[Suggestion] Showing the effect of a just played card

+
[Suggestion] Showing the effect of a just played card

I need to explain a little more but as a new player, I'm a little disturbed by the fact that when you play a card with a targetting effect, this is effect is no more showed.

Just an example to be clear :

If I play Reaver Scout, I have to remember very precisely the effect of this card after playing it. It's "nothing" to remember but as a noob, if I lose focus for like a second there is litterally nothing to remind me of that targetting effect.

As a newbie it's kinda frustrating to missplay a card because of this lack of indications.

well that's the whole idea behind every card game. you need to remember the effects of every card u've selected in your deck. u also need to keep in mind what other card you have in your deck. lets say you decided to play reaver scout on a card which was already played 3 times (which is a maximum allowed number of the same type of the certain card). your scout will only contribute with 3 strength on the board.
be mindful of your deck and the card you have.

Yes I know, but in HS there is a little text when you are targetting something, like "Give +2 HP to". It's nothing but a little indication of what you're doing precisely.

Argaan;n6886240 said:
Yes I know, but in HS there is a little text when you are targetting something, like "Give +2 HP to". It's nothing but a little indication of what you're doing precisely.

yeah i know how are things handled in HS. but if your have played HS enough u should be able to memorize the effects of every card. i managed to memorize everything in gwent extremely fast. it could be that i trained myself while playing HS to do just so because in every deck in HS i'm using i just need to see the name of the cards, sometimes even a picture is enough.

Master_Kenobi;n6886320 said:
... if your have played HS enough u should be able to memorize the effects of every card. i managed to memorize everything in gwent extremely fast.
"You" are not a valid example of an average person (nobody is, strictly speaking). Memorization is something that varies wildly between different people. So is the general learning process.

Take me as a non-standard example. I learn quickly from reading, but very poorly from listening. Having someone "talk me through" a process has little chance of me remembering it even five minutes later. But if I read it several times, I can (usually) remember it, particularly if I can make connections between how things work.

Or at least, that's how/who I was five years ago. Three years ago, I had a brain bleed - no identifiable cause, just had a rupture in part of my brain. Now I have some memory issues, especially with regard to nouns (it's called "Aphasia"). I can be talking about something, say the word or name one minute, and then be unable to remember it to say it again just a minute - or even a sentence - later.

And then there are some people who learn verbally - they need to be verbally told how things work, because reading is difficult or impossible for them. Not that they're stupid, mind you - just that their brains work in a different way, and they don't absorb data from reading the way you do. Perhaps they can read it, but can't retain it - so they always need to have a written explanation in plain sight. This is why Hearthstone allows you to see all status effects on a card by hovering your mouse over the card in question - so that you don't have to rely solely on memory for your card's current state.

All of this is why ANY time you hear someone say, "I can do X, so anyone can do X," is probably wrong. "You" are not a perfect cross-section example of humanity.

Nekojin;n6888450 said:
"You" are not a valid example of an average person (nobody is, strictly speaking). Memorization is something that varies wildly between different people. So is the general learning process.

Take me as a non-standard example. I learn quickly from reading, but very poorly from listening. Having someone "talk me through" a process has little chance of me remembering it even five minutes later. But if I read it several times, I can (usually) remember it, particularly if I can make connections between how things work.

Or at least, that's how/who I was five years ago. Three years ago, I had a brain bleed - no identifiable cause, just had a rupture in part of my brain. Now I have some memory issues, especially with regard to nouns (it's called "Aphasia"). I can be talking about something, say the word or name one minute, and then be unable to remember it to say it again just a minute - or even a sentence - later.

And then there are some people who learn verbally - they need to be verbally told how things work, because reading is difficult or impossible for them. Not that they're stupid, mind you - just that their brains work in a different way, and they don't absorb data from reading the way you do. Perhaps they can read it, but can't retain it - so they always need to have a written explanation in plain sight. This is why Hearthstone allows you to see all status effects on a card by hovering your mouse over the card in question - so that you don't have to rely solely on memory for your card's current state.

All of this is why ANY time you hear someone say, "I can do X, so anyone can do X," is probably wrong. "You" are not a perfect cross-section example of humanity.

well m8 i believe u totally missed the point here. the main problem was this: i don't know what this card does even thou it says on the card itself. so i need to have additional tooltip (an arrow with the description above) when performing an action which will repeat what the card does. simply put, it's a double check what you are doing. as far as the hover-over-the-card-to-see-what-kind-of-buffs-it-has... we haven't talked about that but the issue was raised in other posts. as far as i'm concerned i would like to see that.

the 2nd problem of your post is a very selective quoting. i did not say you MUST memorize that. i said you SHOULD be able to, indicating that u might have some difficulties if you aren't used to it. my post continues on by saying: "it could be that i trained myself" indicating it took some time before i managed to develop a specific memorization technique.

the 3rd issue here is the context of our conversation. i figured out my colleague was also playing hearthstone, therefore i was entitled to make such a remark because i found out similarities in them. this issue was addressed only to him and him alone, not the whole general population of this forum.

i urge you to carefully read what others have written and not to make assumptions base on a tiny bit of text u decided to quote. look at the post as a whole, not as a fragmented entity.

I did carefully read what you wrote, and I did take the entire post in context. I selectively quoted to highlight exactly what I was referring to. If you believe I'm misrepresenting you, it's entirely your right to try to correct the misrepresentation - but I believe I stated it clearly enough, and I believe that it was clear enough on both ends here. Others can make their own decisions, of course.

The long and short of it is that "should be able to" isn't the case for everyone. Not everyone CAN. Your being able to memorize everything in Gwent "extremely fast" is irrelevant when talking about others' experiences.

Your initial entry into this thread included this comment:
you need to remember the effects of every card u've selected in your deck. u also need to keep in mind what other card you have in your deck.
And I'm saying, not everyone can do that.

With that in mind, the OP's request is simply to have a reminder for which cards the Reaver Scout can be effectively played on. If you've only got one of a card, and it's on the table (or you have others, but they're in the Graveyard), hovering Reaver Scout on the other card when you're attempting to play it should give you a clue that the effect won't do anything. You should not be required to keep a perfect awareness and memory of everything that's happened all game - because, as I've said several times now, not everyone can.

I agree, there's gotta be a way to see the effects of everything that's going on the table. Sometimes things happen in sinergy during the enemys turn and you are left wondering what the heck just happened that his table which was 15 powern turns out to be 78 now

Top Bottom