[Suggestion] "Skin" Mod slot.

+
One of the more disappointing aspects of the gear system in Cyberpunk 2077 is that you end up being forced to use specific pieces of equipment no matter what, due to their stats are number of mod slots. I've seen people requesting a "transmog" system before, but I thought I'd post my own take. Simply put, items of certain rarities can now include a "skin" mod slot. This is a dedicated slot where you can apply the visual appearance of another type of item within that same category, assuming you have the mod for it. For example, there are many different visual variations of the tech shotgun, in different colors and some more elaborate patterns. These paint jobs could be found as skin mods, and then applied into the mod slot of another tech shotgun. This prevents you from being able to hide an item's type (you can't make a jacket look like a t-shirt), but also allows you to alter its appetence using the assets already in the game. Iconic items, in exchange for their special effects, would NOT have these slots.

One of the more disappointing aspects of the gear system in Cyberpunk 2077 is that you end up being forced to use specific pieces of equipment no matter what, due to their stats are number of mod slots. I've seen people requesting a "transmog" system before, but I thought I'd post my own take. Simply put, items of certain rarities can now include a "skin" mod slot. This is a dedicated slot where you can apply the visual appearance of another type of item within that same category, assuming you have the mod for it. For example, there are many different visual variations of the tech shotgun, in different colors and some more elaborate patterns. These paint jobs could be found as skin mods, and then applied into the mod slot of another tech shotgun. This prevents you from being able to hide an item's type (you can't make a jacket look like a t-shirt), but also allows you to alter its appetence using the assets already in the game. Iconic items, in exchange for their special effects, would NOT have these slots.

I would not mind having greater control of appearance without sacrificing stats. There is, in my opinion, a simpler solution to this though. Guess now is a good a time as any to throw my idea out there.

Add a catalogue that you can shop from on your computer for buying clothing blueprints. Where these blueprints are unlocked in the catalogue by first acquiring said piece of clothing and have blueprints for all available non iconic/unique clothing items. The blueprints should be expensive but not ridiculously so and be a common blueprint that once crafted unlocks the next rarity and so on for you to craft like the iconic weapons do. I think this would be a great way of handling this. Then players don't have to toss a outfit they really like cause they found something that is so much better stat wise.

ALSO,
I want a tattoo slot. Johnny's tattoo shouldn't take up an implant slot.

Last edited:
If it was up to me to improve the current system without changing it much I would just have skills in the crafting tree that give the ability to: add as many mod slots as possible, upgrade any gear to legendary, obtain the crafting specs for gear that gets disassembled so when you craft it yourself you gain the benefits from skills like 200% Efficiency and Field Technician and "repaint" for non-unique gear (a selection of available skins for gear that share a name).

I think that cyberware should be given more use for everything that is defense and that only clothes like Bulletproof Vest should give defense stats. Or that wearing shoes or boots with studs give different speeds. Let the clothing be mostly cosmetic if it has no tactical utility. But if it is applied, they should see how to apply it and rebalance the progression that fails in the current state anyway.

I would not mind having greater control of appearance without sacrificing stats. There is, in my opinion, a simpler solution to this though. Guess now is a good a time as any to throw my idea out there.

Add a catalogue that you can shop from on your computer for buying clothing blueprints. Where these blueprints are unlocked in the catalogue by first acquiring said piece of clothing and have blueprints for all available non iconic/unique clothing items. The blueprints should be expensive but not ridiculously so and be a common blueprint that once crafted unlocks the next rarity and so on for you to craft like the iconic weapons do. I think this would be a great way of handling this. Then players don't have to toss a outfit they really like cause they found something that is so much better stat wise.

ALSO,
I want a tattoo slot. Johnny's tattoo shouldn't take up an implant slot.
If it was up to me to improve the current system without changing it much I would just have skills in the crafting tree that give the ability to: add as many mod slots as possible, upgrade any gear to legendary, obtain the crafting specs for gear that gets disassembled so when you craft it yourself you gain the benefits from skills like 200% Efficiency and Field Technician and "repaint" for non-unique gear (a selection of available skins for gear that share a name).
I like these propositions.
While I am less impacted about the stats thing, since I care significantly less than others no doubt, I would welcome the blue prints for each variation after having found an original for it.
It would be a great help to get me "that yellow shirt" if I wanted that variation while "the green one" is the currently crafted version, and only that one. (I hope that made sense)

Also I like the ability to upgrade modslots (perhaps also by increasing rarity.) Because, as example.
I'm very, VERY fond of my original Nomad outfit. But the thing is a goddamn common and hella expensive to keep upgrading. But worse, the white bar looks ugly next to other top of the line gear and it cant ever have mod slot in this way.
If I could upgrade such 'Iconic' clothing into increased rarity level and as such make it better and more usefull with mod slots, that would be great.

Top Bottom