Suggestion - slower passage of time

+
Hi dear Cyberpunk devs. I'd like to make another suggestion which would be in this case probably easy to implement, while adding positive effects to the game.

The suggestion is: slow down in-game passage of time significantly, by 75% or more.

the current passage of time in the game is rushed and has several negative effects:

1) When I finish a story quest, I often get several phone calls at the same time for new quests. This breaks immersion. This should not happen. There should be timers counting down for several minutes after finishing a story mission before anybody calls you, because otherwise it is obvious that a lot of stuff was "on hold" while you were busy with the important stuff.

2) Nights are thus too short, but Night City looks best during the night, with the neon lighting, light pollution in the sky etc.

3) This also applies for the timers for chat messages. The other kinda is never "typing" but answers immediately with a huge text. And you get text messages about a former story gig too quickly.

Cyberpunk doesn't have a too long main story (I'd have loved it to be longer). The in-game timers, rush the whole thing additionally in an unnecessary way and thus keep you from doing other fun stuff in the meantime between story missions. In fact you don't really have "time" for side missions because there is always, always a story event already actively triggered, waiting for you... which is unnecessary in this kind of game. It is especially obvious when you trigger both Judy's and Panam's story before finishing one of them. You end up running around between both of them because the timers go too fast.
Considering V's health condition side quests don't make any sense in general, so the only way to include them in the whole world in a meaningful way would simply be that it actually takes time for the side characters to do the stuff that will lead to new missions... so in the meantime, V roams around and does stuff.
But if every main NPC provides you with new info and jobs right after you finished a story mission as it is now, why would you go hunt Cyber Psychos or do stuff for fixers? The mostly soulless side quests are, sadly, a notable weak point of CP77 already and only a handful stand out in a way that they can compete with the really great side quests of the Witcher Trilogy. Rushing the story with too short countdown timers makes the side quests even more disposable.

TL; DR: If time went by at 25% of the current speed, it would be better for the game flow, better for enjoying Night City, and it would have no disadvantage at all as you can still skip time with the corresponding utility in the in-game menu.

Top Bottom