Suggestion: Speed it up!

+
Why is Gwent so slow? The in-game animations, opening the reward book, opening a reward tree, things do not feel zippy and quick to respond. This is not some elderly game (with all respect to the elderly). For this time, please take a good look at some other (upcoming) card games and speed it up!

Edit: For clarification, I am talking about animations taking (too) long in a lot of places. Reducing thinking time is for Blitz mode.

Last edited:
I second the speeding up-aspect, but with a bit of a different reason. What you describe, might just be them working on the servers, making it ready for iOS and now Android, a temporary influx of new players, bad timing for your queue (maybe overcrowded, after work etc.), needing to update etc. But yeah, otherwise true.

What I have found and my handful of friends who played Gwent (sadly they left for good in February) is that the games become just a tad bit too long and thus more boring. The rounds last long, lots of people rope every second/third turn, trying to crunch numbers and anticipate and just generally trying all-too-hard to play "competitively" and it completely ruins it for me. The matches are already (sadly...) much more boring than they were when Big Monster Point Slam was a thing, before Svalblod Priests. That's my two cents.

It's a strategic game. A blitz mode would make me stop playing it.

I'm not 15, I take time to think.

@mazeebra You seem pretty convinced the game it perfect... yet it's boring, has barely made a splash in the digital CCG space, and I can't see CDPR supporting it for much longer at this rate. Nearly all the posts on here are some complaint or suggestion for improvement.

@mazeebra You seem pretty convinced the game it perfect... yet it's boring, has barely made a splash in the digital CCG space, and I can't see CDPR supporting it for much longer at this rate. Nearly all the posts on here are some complaint or suggestion for improvement.

Well, if you think that, you better review my forum history, because I make many complaints and suggestions on how to make things better. If you think the game is boring, maybe it's not for you.

I think the game is fun and I enjoy it (mostly), which is why I even play it, despite some of the glaring issues.

What I really wish for is for CDPR to stop focusing on making new stuff for the game and rather re-focus on tuning every single card in the game and every faction to make a better overall balance and get rid of some shenanigans stuff. One of the reasons I took a break from the game for 6 months was because I was so bloody tired of overpowered Skellige, and I was frustrated with the annoying "spawn" mechanic of the game, particularly the spawn and replay gold cards shenanigans.

I think replaying gold cards should be a VERY rare exception to the rule of playing a gold card once.

But hey, pardon me for not thinking the game should be a blitz version and focusing on the "problems" that I think are actual problems in the game, not just a matter of impatience of certain players.

Top Bottom