Suggestion: Starter deck only mode?

+
Suggestion: Starter deck only mode?

Maybe this has been brought up already, I don't know. But I have been thinking how it would be fun and great for new players if we had a mode that only allowed starter decks. That way players could practice on equal footing without having to get stomped by monster cards. And earning rewards in this mode would be greatly helpful as well.

Yes? No?

I'm not against but it must be limited in time somehow. Because if it's not limited a veteran player can use a starter deck in this mode for easy rewards.

This...is not a bad suggestion. :) Perhaps a "Starter Deck Only" lobby? ("Kaer Morhen Mess Hall"?) Play as much as you want... No rewards? Half rewards?

This could be a great way to learn the game. Like it!

Vaishar;n6890150 said:
I'm not against but it must be limited in time somehow. Because if it's not limited a veteran player can use a starter deck in this mode for easy rewards.

I"m not sure if that would even be a problem. A new player getting beaten by a veteran with access to the same cards would only teach the new player what he/she is doing wrong. I don't think getting stomped by much better cards teaches people anything.

--- Updated 05-11-16, 22:50 ---

SigilFey;n6890260 said:
This...is not a bad suggestion. :) Perhaps a "Starter Deck Only" lobby? ("Kaer Morhen Mess Hall"?) Play as much as you want... No rewards? Half rewards?

This could be a great way to learn the game. Like it!

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get some rewards for playing it. Heck I think people should get some reward for beating a good AI. But sadly this game doesn't have good AI yet.

StrykerxS77x;n6890570 said:
A new player getting beaten by a veteran with access to the same cards would only teach the new player what he/she is doing wrong.

Agreed. Plus, even veterans might find this a challenge--take away all their cool card collections and strategies and see if they remember what to do with the cards they booted (out-right milled) from the get go.

Top Bottom