Suggestion: Suspend daily quest option

+
I was thinking about all the times that I draw a low reward quest that I don’t want to complete. If I wait until the next day I could re-roll it and get a better one. The problem is in some cases I cannot play additional games without completing it. My suggestion is to give the option (either for free or as a new prestige perk,) to suspend quests for up to 3 days. Suspended quests do not progress until you hit resume. This would actually increase the number of games some people play. Also, because there is a maximum of 3 quests stored in the log it is very hard to exploit this. It is true that it will result in slightly more rewards for the players, but it will be more than offset by the benefit to the game of having less restrictions on players.

I think that nobody would want to have the missions with a reward of 40 gold in these cases.

Your point is well made but fails to consider the max of 3 quest. Necessity would force people to complete some of the lower value quests. All the pausing would do is allow players to play without fear of finishing a quest they planned to reroll the next day. More players equals slower waits and more chances for players to buy in.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I understand your reasoning for suggesting it, but it's still niche and it makes things more complex. The daily quests are in need of a rework beyond just adding more options.

I understand your reasoning for suggesting it, but it's still niche and it makes things more complex. The daily quests are in need of a rework beyond just adding more options.

I agree we need a rework (preferably with more varied prizes and more interesting objectives,) but I disagree it would be overly complex. Just add a button below re-roll with a pause or play on the button display. I do agree it is quite niche, but I cannot help but wonder how many times people have been discouraged from playing more because of a bad quest.

That's a luxury problem. With prestige 2 you are privileged to reroll which is one of the best prestige ranks.

The only silly daily quest is to play 40 artifacts.

That's a luxury problem. With prestige 2 you are privileged to reroll which is one of the best prestige ranks.

The only silly daily quest is to play 40 artifacts.

Your correct that it is a luxury problem. But by definition it is still a problem. One easily solved and that would be beneficial to the game. You increase player participation and satisfaction. I think it is worth doing.

Top Bottom