Suggestion to evaluate the item system

+
Greetings,

Wanna place a request to evaluate the item system, stash and inventory, and make it more user-friendly, and less tedious to use.

When buying, selling, moving, removing items from/off, in/out shops, your inventory or your stash, every transaction can only do 1 item at a time. How about a "checkout" system, where you first select which items you want to buy/sell, move in/out your inventory/stash, then press "OK", and all the selected items are carried out simultaneously?

Have noticed that when sometimes, when I get rid of say, 40 weapons at a Drop Point, the more items are in the Drop Point's inventory, the more sluggish the game becomes. It literally needs to load at every transaction, and that lasts longer the more items are in the Drop Point. Combined with mashing the "Sell button", I get the feeling that my game could become prone to exit to desktop.

The Virtual Atelier mod makes use of a much more user-friendly item system, where loading the item in, isn't required. You should try it out. Could spark an idea or two.

I myself noticed since launch that you guys seemingly made the inventory process and the stash process, 2 separate undependable processes, that if you stash all your items, and keep the amount of items on your person low, the game keeps playing fast. In games of old, there would only be 1 single process that as a result, caused the game to become slower and slower, the more items you had overall.

The problem with Cyberpunk however is the transition of items is very slow, so much so, that I more times than not, decide to keep my favorite items on my person, and just tank the 1 - 5 FPS drop.

Hench this request.

The sorting of the entire item system, could use a little attention too, as the type of clothes for instance are not side by side each other, but all over the list, which makes them harder to find. The chosen categorie is not being remembered by the game either after a game save reload, and/or game restart. Always back on "Default".

Also, some clothes seem to form a set; beween the Outer Body and Lower Body for instance. Even selecting the categorie "Name", it can be extremely difficult to form that set, because one of the two has a slightly different name, and therefor is on the list in a completely different spot. How about the clothes shops displaying those cloth sets with names for players their convenience?

If you guys will do something about it, would be nice.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Upvote 0
The chosen categorie is not being remembered by the game either after a game save reload, and/or game restart. Always back on "Default".
You're sure about this point ?
(or maybe I misunderstood)
Because on my side, I have 3 differents type of sorting that I always set at the beginning which stay during the whole game :
- by "rarity" in my inventory to dismantle the lower rarity easily.
- by "type" in my stash to find easily what I want.
- by "price" in drop points/shops to sell the high value items at first.

Upvote 0
You're sure about this point ?
(or maybe I misunderstood)
Because on my side, I have 3 differents type of sorting that I always set at the beginning which stay during the whole game :
- by "rarity" in my inventory to dismantle the lower rarity easily.
- by "type" in my stash to find easily what I want.
- by "price" in drop points/shops to sell the high value items at first.
In my game, when I go into my inventory and select "Type" for Inner Body for instance, the next time I go back in there, it's back on "Default". That counts for all lists and choices. If you're saying it's still on "Type" in your game, then it's either mod-related, or platform related.

In my game it's been like that since launch.

Upvote 0
In my game, when I go into my inventory and select "Type" for Inner Body for instance, the next time I go back in there, it's back on "Default". That counts for all lists and choices. If you're saying it's still on "Type" in your game, then it's either mod-related, or platform related.

In my game it's been like that since launch.
Ok, so no, my 3 sorting selections which are differents (inventory/stash/shops) stay like I set them the first time.
In my inventory, it's always on rarity (lower at first) and it stay like that (except if I change it).

Upvote 0
Ok, so no, my 3 sorting selections which are differents (inventory/stash/shops) stay like I set them the first time.
In my inventory, it's always on rarity (lower at first) and it stay like that (except if I change it).
Could very well be that it's selected on memory on the console, and on default on PC. Another PC user could verify, but from what I understood, is that the game isn't necessarily the same on all platforms. Seems the Options screen on PC for instance differs of that on the console and vice versa.

Don't know if that's still the case today, though.

Upvote 0
Could very well be that it's selected on memory on the console, and on default on PC. Another PC user could verify, but from what I understood, is that the game isn't necessarily the same on all platforms. Seems the Options screen on PC for instance differs of that on the console and vice versa.

Ok, yep could be ;)
I agree, if it return on "default", it's (very) annoying :(

Upvote 0

Thats generaly because PC has way more options. They just need more space for it, also sometimes the UI vary alot due to mouse/keyboard vs controller. Ill see if it resets for me
Post automatically merged:

So i just tested, i set sorting as quality arrow up. it stayed there. even on save/reload. Will check on stash and so on later. I have a feeling stash and vendor uis reset... not entirely sure tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, if it return on "default", it's (very) annoying :(
Believe me.

Say, when you select "Type" are all the clothes of that type nicely sitting side by side on your end?

On mine, the hot pants' to set an example, are all over the place. The cotton blue is usually on top of the list, as the black one, the olive green, and gray, that's usually a little further down, but the silver one, the pink, and gold, are always far from each other, and situated more to the bottom.

Upvote 0
Believe me.

Say, when you select "Type" are all the clothes of that type nicely sitting side by side on your end?

On mine, the hot pants' to set an example, are all over the place. The cotton blue is usually on top of the list, as the black one, the olive green, and gray, that's usually a little further down, but the silver one, the pink, and gold, are always far from each other, and situated more to the bottom.
Type just means equipment slot, not style of clothes. So all under shirt in a row and so on. Dont even think the game knows "hotpants" exists.

Upvote 0
On my stash, sorted by type. Not perfect indeed, but not that bad :)
11-06-2022_17-57-20-vrufttqe.jpeg11-06-2022_17-57-19-c41jydt4.jpeg11-06-2022_17-57-19-vajfk0jf.jpeg
11-06-2022_17-57-18-iuv1foc4.jpeg11-06-2022_17-57-18-qchznkq2.jpeg

Upvote 0
Type just means equipment slot, not style of clothes. So all under shirt in a row and so on. Dont even think the game knows "hotpants" exists.
I was of the assumption that "Type" meant all items of the same type, placed next to each other, which isn't the case especially with the Lower Body items.

It's the same as mine. I see the Black Hot Pants in the 5th pic all the way at the bottom of the list. Don't know if you have any of the others, but if you do, then those should all be next to each other, which they never are.

Edit: The Hot Pants I mentioned are one and the same, just with different colors and names. Yet they are always shattered all over the list despite I selected, "Type". Also goes for other item models with different colors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's the same as mine. I see the Black Hot Pants in the 5th pic all the way at the bottom of the list. Don't know if you have any of the others, but if you do, then those should all be next to each other, which they never are.

Edit: The Hot Pants I mentioned are one and the same, just with different colors and names. Yet they are always shattered all over the list despite I selected, "Type". Also goes for other item models with different colors.
Ok, I see ;)
But I suppose that the "type" is only applied about the "category" like handgun/shotgun/pants/inner torso/outer torso/glasses/shoes/grenades/health items...
Then the items in the same category/type are sorted by differently like if you choose to sort "foods/drinks" by price, they all have the same price, but they always appear in the same order.
So it must have a different method to sort items in "type" too (just a guess) :
- either their IDs (which do not necessarily follow each other according to when they were created).
- either their "names" in the original language by alphabetical order (polish) which can differ too.
If you take a look on my second screenshot, Fixer's glasses and Rocker's glasses are not side by side too (different names/different IDs, don't know).

Upvote 0
If you take a look on my second screenshot, Fixer's glasses and Rocker's glasses are not side by side too (different names/different IDs, don't know).
It is the same model though, so they should be next to each other, I think.

The thing is, there aren't too many FACE items, so you can find FACE items relatively easy. But there are literally hundreds of INNER, OUTER and LOWER BODY items in the game, that at the moment, position themselves pretty much at random all over the list, even when sort has been set on "Type".

If you have a lot of clothes, yeah, you will have some difficulties finding what you're looking for, unless you know where it's positioned.

Upvote 0
The thing is, there aren't too many FACE items, so you can find FACE items relatively easy. But there are literally hundreds of INNER, OUTER and LOWER BODY items in the game, that at the moment, position themselves pretty much at random all over the list, even when sort has been set on "Type".
Yeah I understand, but "type" is not really specific, it's a general type. Like I said, inner torso, outer torso, handgun, etc.
The "best" would be to add a new "sub type" used to sort items in each "base type". Like that, in the "pants" type, you would have hot pants, shorts, skirts...
For example :
Syn-leather carbon-collar pozer-jacket
Type : Outer torso
Sub type : Pozer Jacket
So all the "Pozer" jacket would be "well" sorter whatever the ID, the name, the language,... evrything would be well sorted :)

I don't know how it's sorted honestly (nor if it's the same in all languages), but in french, it's not by ID nor by names.
3 on my fith screenshot :
Capture d’écran 2022-06-12 à 01.09.20.png

(Names EN - Names FR - IDs)
V's pantsPantalon préféré de VQ001_Pants
Elastic flame-resistant rocker pantsShort élastique résistant aux flammesRockerboy_01_Set_Pants
Anti-puncture neotac pants with composite liningPantalon anti-crevaison NedtecCop_01_Set_Pants

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I understand, but "type" is not really specific, it's a general type. Like I said, inner torso, outer torso, handgun, etc.
The "best" would be to add a new "sub type" used to sort items in each "base type". Like that, in the "pants" type, you would have hot pants, shorts, skirts...
For example :
Syn-leather carbon-collar pozer-jacket
Type : Outer torso
Sub type : Pozer Jacket
So all the "Pozer" jacket would be "well" sorter whatever the ID, the name, the language,... evrything would be well sorted :)

I don't know how it's sorted honestly (nor if it's the same in all languages), but in french, it's not by ID nor by names.
3 on my fith screenshot :
View attachment 11307913
(Names EN - Names FR - IDs)
V's pantsPantalon préféré de VQ001_Pants
Elastic flame-resistant rocker pantsShort élastique résistant aux flammesRockerboy_01_Set_Pants
Anti-puncture neotac pants with composite liningPantalon anti-crevaison NedtecCop_01_Set_Pants
I'm actually comparing the categorization of this game with that of other games, where you see that when on "Type", the same type of item is always positioned alphabetically right next to each other.

The "Elastic Flame-Resistant Rocker Pants", hereby conveniently called, Hot Pants, has several different colors, that are always positioned in a entirely different location on the list. And that counts for many many items on all the lists. They should all simply be positioned next to each other when "Type" is selected, preferably alphabetically, despite their completely different names.

Upvote 0
So i played for while today, i can confirm that the ui resets your sorting on PC atleast. Everytime i was gonna clean up my inventory it was reseted from last time too just the normal sorting options -.-. if i just save/load after changing sorting, it sticks it seems too reset after a time limit?

Upvote 0
So i played for while today, i can confirm that the ui resets your sorting on PC atleast. Everytime i was gonna clean up my inventory it was reseted from last time too just the normal sorting options -.-. if i just save/load after changing sorting, it sticks it seems too reset after a time limit?
That's quite annoying :(
On xbox, for sure, it never changes because like I said, I set once at the beginning to my "prefered" sortings in the inventory/backpack, the shops and the stash and I'm don't touch it again during the whole game.

Edit : I suppose that's something to report to the support as a bug :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for confirming. Now I know it isn't just me. On mine, the game starts with all item lists on "Default". When selecting "Type" on one list, all lists change to "Type", and stay on "Type" as long I don't go out of the inventory.

But when going out of the inventory, and back in, all lists are back on "Default". It's been like that since Launch.

For the record, PC, Windows 10, Steam player here. Cyberpunk 2077, patch 1.52.

Modded, although convinced this categorizing behavior to be wholly none-mod related, concerning no modder has ever touched the item system overall, the item system being 100% consistent, and therefor most probably hard-coded, and un-moddable.

Edit : I suppose that's something to report to the support as a bug :)
True. It's only that my game is modded why I never reported it. Instead, decided to post it in suggestions, as for me, 1.5 has proven that posts posted in the suggestions forums, ARE being seen by the CDPR devs, and actually being considered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for confirming. Now I know it isn't just me. On mine, the game starts with all item lists on "Default". When selecting "Type" on one list, all lists change to "Type", and stay on "Type" as long I don't go out of the inventory.

But when going out of the inventory, and back in, all lists are back on "Default". It's been like that since Launch.

For the record, PC, Windows 10, Steam player here. Cyberpunk 2077, patch 1.52.

Modded, although convinced this categorizing behavior to be wholly none-mod related, concerning no modder has ever touched the item system overall, the item system being 100% consistent, and therefor most probably hard-coded, and un-moddable.
Doesen't do that for me.... Exiting and entering dont reset my inventory. Might do that for vendors or stash.

(Sloooow youtube processing)

For me it takes some time i think since next time when i clan out my inventory its back too the default one.
Im running some mods too, even run atelier + clothing mods witch i guess could cause this in some way?

Upvote 0
Doesen't do that for me.... Exiting and entering dont reset my inventory. Might do that for vendors or stash.

(Sloooow youtube processing)

For me it takes some time i think since next time when i clan out my inventory its back too the default one.
Im running some mods too, even run atelier + clothing mods witch i guess could cause this in some way?
Pretty sure it's not mod-related as I've been experiencing this since launch, when there wasn't a single mod in my game. Also the fact that it never behaves differently even when updating mods, tells me that mods aren't the cause.

But only CDPR can find that out.

I'm actually more interested in the devs implementing some common discipline in the sortation of the items themselves in the lists, to such an extent, it wouldn't even be needed to choose a categorization.

Top Bottom