Suggestion: Trade System

+
Lantea;n7520530 said:
You don't neccesarily need chat; you could have a system with "I am trading ...so and so .... I want .... so and so... for it. Either way chat during the game is different to having chat in the game menu just for trading; I don't think many would have issue with that, especially if you could just disable and not see it.

Its not like the internet had chat nearly since its inception except CDPR doesnt want a chat in Gwent. Very backwards.

People would farm accounts with bots and auction off the cards illegally on 3rd party sites. Would rather this game not turn into another bot army.

IAxiiYourMother;n7520700 said:
People would farm accounts with bots and auction off the cards illegally on 3rd party sites. Would rather this game not turn into another bot army.

Yeah, thats why other games totally dont work out with trading, right? If you dont like trading dont do it.

If there is a way for some one to cheat the system..you better believe they are going to find a way to do it

Not a fan of trading cards for already said reasons

4RM3D;n7520310 said:
But then it would be pointless, because everyone already has all commons and rares.

You and me maybe, yes but for new players it would make a huge difference.

gnarbrag;n7525290 said:
You and me maybe, yes but for new players it would make a huge difference.

For new players everything makes a huge difference. Having a (limited) trading system is not the solution for this. Besides, it's not like they have anything to trade to begin with. Popular cards, everyone wants; meaning you are likely still stuck with 'crappy' cards. The whole system would provide so small a benefit that it's not worth it.

Would you be in favor of card trading?

I feel like a lot of people on the forums lately are disappointed because they milled cards to craft cards that are now affected by hotfixes.

I'm sure that CDR hadn't considered making Gwent a TCG, but if they restricted it to solely a one for one legendary/epic/rare/common system where you were matched with someone who had something on their trading block that you requested, and you had something on your trading block that they requested, would a system like that interest you? I just imagine there are a bunch of players with RNRs that are now concerned that weather is nerfed, but another player (in open beta or full release) might need an RNR for a collection achievement, or whatever, and the player who feels like they need to switch deck ideas but can't afford to craft all the legendary cards they need might find a partner.

I'm not advocating for this, I'm just curious how people would feel about it.

A system like that is probably more interesting for the players than for the developers who need to make money at some point.

Considering how generous kegs and scraps are at the moment, I don't really need a trading system.

Possibly have it so that you choose a card you don't want, say I have imlereth ( I don't play monsters) I put him up on a community in game menu and I pick a card I want in exchange. So I'd put him up and say Ill swap him for a roache card. If someone has roache and only plays monsters it's a match made in heaven. Or they could then swap imlereth for a high ranking ST card. I'm not sure how that could be abused ?? If you think I'm wrong please say but I think it would work well.

mortimerMarshall;n7844680 said:
Possibly have it so that you choose a card you don't want, say I have imlereth ( I don't play monsters) I put him up on a community in game menu and I pick a card I want in exchange. So I'd put him up and say Ill swap him for a roache card. If someone has roache and only plays monsters it's a match made in heaven. Or they could then swap imlereth for a high ranking ST card. I'm not sure how that could be abused ?? If you think I'm wrong please say but I think it would work well.
What if the other is your secondary account you use for farming cards?

DMaster2;n7845170 said:
What if the other is your secondary account you use for farming cards?

Well what would be the worst thing to happen? That person gets all the cards. It doesn't mean an instant win nor does it hurt anyone else. If he wants to collect all the cards so he can have the whole set I say okay but that shouldn't suppress others who want to use it innocently. Also how would two accounts help with farming cards he'd have to put in double the work for not that much of a benefit. I mean we start off with the same base cards and its still random what you get in a keg.

mortimerMarshall;n7846080 said:
Well what would be the worst thing to happen? That person gets all the cards. It doesn't mean an instant win nor does it hurt anyone else. If he wants to collect all the cards so he can have the whole set I say okay but that shouldn't suppress others who want to use it innocently. Also how would two accounts help with farming cards he'd have to put in double the work for not that much of a benefit. I mean we start off with the same base cards and its still random what you get in a keg.
That would really hurt CD Project Red renevue. Beside i think you can collect all the important cards (why would you want to craft bad epics and legendaries?) even in the current system.

DMaster2;n7847230 said:
That would really hurt CD Project Red renevue. Beside i think you can collect all the important cards (why would you want to craft bad epics and legendaries?) even in the current system.

I'm saying to make it more enjoyable as a game. I'm not responsible for cdpr making money but even then how would cdpr get anything anyway? I use in game ore to get keg which gives me cards that I then scrap for cards I want, I can do this until I get all the cards so how would it hurt them?
If they were after money then they could do a plethora of things like introduce new racks you have to buy, charge higher for the game or take away in game earnings that you can turn into cards and instead only use actual money to get kegs. I know all of this would ruin the game which I respect cdpr for not doing.
If you can collect them anyway why would it hurt to trade gold cards you don't want for gold cards you do?

mortimerMarshall;n7847430 said:
I'm saying to make it more enjoyable as a game. I'm not responsible for cdpr making money but even then how would cdpr get anything anyway? I use in game ore to get keg which gives me cards that I then scrap for cards I want, I can do this until I get all the cards so how would it hurt them?
If they were after money then they could do a plethora of things like introduce new racks you have to buy, charge higher for the game or take away in game earnings that you can turn into cards and instead only use actual money to get kegs. I know all of this would ruin the game which I respect cdpr for not doing.
If you can collect them anyway why would it hurt to trade gold cards you don't want for gold cards you do?
You do but many others may be tempted to throw money to speed things up. If you could open 4-6-8 kegs per day (depending on the number of accounts) in about 2-3 hours of play while conveniently trading all the epics and legendaries they get/craft in the secondaries to the main account. No that doesn't work, it will be exploited to no end.
And maybe you don't care but if they don't profit the game will shut down eventually so it's actually a good gesture to support them a bit. I'm the first f2p leecher around so it's not that i wouldn't mind easy modes to get all the cards but the whole thing needs to be balanced so it's fair for both f2p players and the developers.

DMaster2;n7847470 said:
You do but many others may be tempted to throw money to speed things up. If you could open 4-6-8 kegs per day (depending on the number of accounts) in about 2-3 hours of play while conveniently trading all the epics and legendaries they get/craft in the secondaries to the main account. No that doesn't work, it will be exploited to no end.
And maybe you don't care but if they don't profit the game will shut down eventually so it's actually a good gesture to support them a bit. I'm the first f2p leecher around so it's not that i wouldn't mind easy modes to get all the cards but the whole thing needs to be balanced so it's fair for both f2p players and the developers.

Firstly can we swap kegs? I play very regularly and I'm currently level 17. I've gotten 4 gold cards out of those kegs. So to swap 4 for 4 I still have 4 gold cards. It would still take a long time to get all the cards so the people who are currently paying to get cards faster would still pay, it just means they have another option of what to do with it.

Yeah I'd support the game but I wouldn't buy a virtual card. At all and people who think that won't pay if there was trading or if there wasn't. People who are willing want cards fast and even trading takes too long because you need time to earn good cards to then trade for good cards.
I really wish they did a physical copy of the current system I would be buying out every pack I see. But if you have it so any card is earnable in game then people largely won't pay anyway and if there were cards you had to pay for then it's pay to win and I don't want that. If their goal was money this shouldn't be a f2p game.

It's sounds good at first. But that would open up huge opportunities for botters. They could open up new accounts all the time and sell the rewards. So it's probably not a good idea.

Top Bottom