Suggestion: Voluntarily lose rank

+
My record this season is 26/77/4.
Now my rank is 5 (I descended of rank 1 at 5).
Usually I played special card decks (I have all the letters I needed), but now is not possible and I lose 75% of matches. I can´t use TIER 1 decks because I do not have a lot of cards. I need time to get them.
Obviusly now my level is not rank 5.
I want to go down in rank to play games whit people of my level and win sometimes to be able to complete the contracts.
I think waiting a month (or two) is too long and boring.

it would be a good idea at least (at the end of the season), to be able to lower more than 5 levels (so you will not play with people who also descend and already is winning you).

Today I played 8 matches and all is lose, but this is very habitual for me now.

This your punishment for playing such crappy decks... See you in 2 months !

Though I still encoutered a MO low unit deck yesterday, some people don't forget their bad habits. Guess what, I won.

I must admit that when I began a few months ago I encoutered a similar problem, I grinded with one faction and could not switch easily due to high rank and limited available cards.

rrc

Forum veteran
My record this season is 26/77/4.
Now my rank is 5 (I descended of rank 1 at 5).
Usually I played special card decks (I have all the letters I needed), but now is not possible and I lose 75% of matches. I can´t use TIER 1 decks because I do not have a lot of cards. I need time to get them.
Obviusly now my level is not rank 5.
I want to go down in rank to play games whit people of my level and win sometimes to be able to complete the contracts.

it would be a good idea at least (at the end of the season), to be able to lower more than 5 levels (so you will not play with people who also descend and already is winning you).

Today I played 8 matches and all is lose, but this is very habitual for me now.

I think you are hardly going to get any sympathies from this forum because of your no-unit-deck statements. But to solve your problem, my advice would be to mill your least favorite factions and craft a SvalBlod no brainer deck. It borders to the no-unit deck's no-brainer-and-annoying-level and should bring you more wins; more wins than your skill level deserve due to sheer blatantly over powered cards. The chances of an SK card getting nerfed are the least in the game and if one card in your deck gets nerfed, other cards in the same deck will get buffed so much that you will not feel any difference and if there is a difference, it will be a positive buff difference. If you want my advice on which faction to mill, mill in this order until you get the SvalBlod decK: ST -> NG -> NR

But be aware of the fact that, for a new player, to build the cards from the completely milled faction will take time and you may be stuck with one or two factions to play for sometime. Milling three factions may be a bad idea as you will then be stuck with only 2 factions. Ideally, milling one faction should get you the missing cards. Two factions will get you two or three different decks. Apply your discretion and mill accordingly.

Good Luck.

This your punishment for playing such crappy decks... See you in 2 months !

Though I still encoutered a MO low unit deck yesterday, some people don't forget their bad habits. Guess what, I won.

I must admit that when I began a few months ago I encoutered a similar problem, I grinded with one faction and could not switch easily due to high rank and limited available cards.

Punishment? I did not do anything wrong. XD
2 moths? What is your rank now?
What is a MO?

I think you are hardly going to get any sympathies from this forum because of your no-unit-deck statements. But to solve your problem, my advice would be to mill your least favorite factions and craft a SvalBlod no brainer deck. It borders to the no-unit deck's no-brainer-and-annoying-level and should bring you more wins; more wins than your skill level deserve due to sheer blatantly over powered cards. The chances of an SK card getting nerfed are the least in the game and if one card in your deck gets nerfed, other cards in the same deck will get buffed so much that you will not feel any difference and if there is a difference, it will be a positive buff difference. If you want my advice on which faction to mill, mill in this order until you get the SvalBlod decK: ST -> NG -> NR

But be aware of the fact that, for a new player, to build the cards from the completely milled faction will take time and you may be stuck with one or two factions to play for sometime. Milling three factions may be a bad idea as you will then be stuck with only 2 factions. Ideally, milling one faction should get you the missing cards. Two factions will get you two or three different decks. Apply your discretion and mill accordingly.

Good Luck.

Thanks! For me it is not a problem to say openly that I liked non-unit decks. If most people do not understand this, ok.
But non-unit decks are finished. Not sense for hate now. For me it's always about having cards and using them.

SvalBlod is interesting for me. I need some important cards, but I think is possible to create the deck. For one faction I can create the gold cards, but if this faction not works, I lose the resources for create another.

In any case, my suggestion still seems a good idea, since I have discovered a problem.
I was not in Gwent when it happened, but I know that before you could lower your rank if you lost many games. That would have solved this.

Punishment? I did not do anything wrong. XD
2 moths? What is your rank now?
What is a MO?

This was just a reference to your statement, saying that you need 2 months to fall back to the appropriate rank :shrug:
I'm afraid that there is no simple solution to your problem. You will have hard times this week as most people coming from pro rank are grinding back their way to rank 0 (if you are not top 500 at the end of the month you fall back at rank 5). This is my case by the way.

Things will calm down after that but you still need to build a correct deck for one faction.
There is a discount on Thronebreaker, worth it, the story is great, you will get good cards and lot of reward points.

NB : MO is the standard abbreviation for Monster (other factions are SK, NG, NR, ST).

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
A general note: let's not turn this thread into a unitless deck discussion, nor start blaming players.

Why don't you play casual, instead, in the meantime?

MO is the standard abbreviation for Monster (other factions are SK, NG, NR, ST).

And here I thought the abbreviation for Skellige was OP.

I'm afraid that there is no simple solution to your problem. You will have hard times this week as most people coming from pro rank are grinding back their way to rank 0 (if you are not top 500 at the end of the month you fall back at rank 5). This is my case by the way.

Maybe is not only my problem (that is the reason because I make a suggestion).
Well, I wish you better luck than mine to climb the ladder.

Things will calm down after that but you still need to build a correct deck for one faction.
There is a discount on Thronebreaker, worth it, the story is great, you will get good cards and lot of reward points.

I have the best cards of Thronebreaker. I build it.
But yes, now the prize of game is very good.

But as for the other, in my experience I have seen that in one or two weeks after a new season is beginning, the players plays better, because their new decks after the patch are better, or simply copy of TIER 1, 2 or 3. I think soon the problem is more evident.

NB : MO is the standard abbreviation for Monster (other factions are SK, NG, NR, ST).

Thanks!

Why don't you play casual, instead, in the meantime?

I also play casual for complete the new contracts (play 40 artifacts, for example).

But I wanted to complete the 150 season victories contract. I call Tom Cruise for this Mission: Impossible. XD

I played no unit decks ones or twice, but I respect this man's wish. If game allowed to play nounits, why not? It's ur freedom. Do what u can to take a win. Why do u must slam ur cards for enemy's control feast, if u can escape this? It's ok. It's a game.
And now I think that we came to the point, when this norankfall-system is inconsistent. In Hearthstone, for example, u can fall to the deepest deep, and it's ok. Because, what if u shreded all ur cards and lost ability to play in high rank?
I think, this possibility must be returned to Gwent. U must feel free as in growing, so in falling.

Rubbing salt in the wound. Better solution would be a toggle in the option menu to allow demotion.

I´m not convinced with the toggle...

People in their right level are winning 50% of the time. I can bet some people would demote themselves just to win more often.

If instead you get demoted if you lose 6 times in a row, then at least you must lose quite a bit if you purposely want to go down (which would discourage such behaviour).

Also, as soon as you start winning consistently (within the season) you should lock again to no demotion.

I would add, that if people are losing on purpose (many forfeits / early forfeits, short games and no GGs in return...), then it should not count towards the 6 times and result in temporary bans, etc. The reason being that this is not fun for the opponent and you are wasting people`s time.

And coming back to the toggle, I would have one such that people that do not want this behaviour (6 loses to get demoted) they should stay in the level. This way, at the beginning of the season, when it is likely that you lose because you play against stronger players, you are safe to keep playing even if you lose more than 50% of the time; otherwise people might not want to play until the dust settles and stronger players have climed back to their rank...

In the end the game should be fun for everyone. It is not fun when you try hard and lose consistently 80% of the time for a month or longer. Something should change.
On the other hand, the solution cannot be just a simple toggle...

Loosing on purpose can be done even with no demotion. And what is winrate for, if u are deep down in rank? I think, CDPR must take HS ranking practice (as they took another things like card's rarity coloring): it's simple and just. Good players are going top quickly, so weak ones stay with each other.
OBT ranking was clear, understandable and good. I wanted to climb higher and higher. That's another good thing that was broken by HC and it's complicated ranking. I still don't fully understand, how it works аnd I don't want to go higher. Just playing arena most of time.

Last edited:
I´m not convinced with the toggle...

I don't like it either, but it's better than forcing players after a losing-streak. In the end, though, it's a complex matter that requires a more thoughtful solution.

What is another reason why we need Hearthstone-like ranked with the accelerated movement when u win or loose many matches in a row? Because of wintrading! Wintrading is possible only because of impossibility of falling. In HS if u loose games too much u fall down very quickly. So the chance that u meet ur friend-wintrader again is going to zero. The same thing works if u win many times in a row: u go up quickly and leave weak players behind, so they will never meet u again in this season and they will not suffer because of it.
This ranked system is very simple and just. As I said, the same system was in OBT. I don't understand why this was remade. Just return good and checked by life ranked system. Just return OBT :smart:

But to solve your problem, my advice would be to mill your least favorite factions and craft a SvalBlod no brainer deck. It borders to the no-unit deck's no-brainer-and-annoying-level and should bring you more wins; more wins than your skill level deserve due to sheer blatantly over powered cards.

This works. I copied SvalBlod Tier 1 deck. For now I have raised two ranges whit a lot of golds crafted.

The only thing I do not agree is that is no need to think. Whit old unitless decks you need to thinkin difficult-to-win matches and whit this much more if the opponent have another gold deck.

Thanks, you hit the bull's eye.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
This works. I copied SvalBlod Tier 1 deck. For now I have raised two ranges whit a lot of golds crafted.

The only thing I do not agree is that is no need to think. Whit old unitless decks you need to thinkin difficult-to-win matches and whit this much more if the opponent have another gold deck.

Hehe.. thanks. I am glad that I was of any help. When it comes to my posts, please have a filter in your mind, to filter out the extra whining. Even I am a little ashamed by the unnecessary toxicity of my post you quoted. But what I told was what I actually meant to help you or anyone. To mill out one faction and craft the easiest OP faction so that it will help you get more wins. I am sorry about 'more wins than your skill deserve' comment. I was not an insult to you, but a whining about SK.

Which faction did you craft cards from? Please don´t tell me Scoia' tael.... :)

Top Bottom