[Suggestion] Windowed mode + end turn flashing indicator

+
[Suggestion] Windowed mode + end turn flashing indicator

Title says everything, give us windowed mode.

Another thing which i have been talking about in one of my previous posts; when the game is minimized and the opponent finishes his/her turn, give as a flashing indicator on the toolbar so we can react and get back into the game.

There are several reasons for doing this
1) some opponents are sometimes pondering too long to make a move. understandable, but it can turn into a big problem. which leads to reason number 2
2) some opponent could abuse their turn by stretching their turn as long as the clock permits, leading in unnecessary frustration. by minimizing game and ignoring that by doing something else (writing something, browsing web etc) we are minimizing that factor. this is a legitimate tactic to unsettle your opponent but it is by far the worst one i have seen.
3) some people like to listen to music or multitask during these games so windowed mode can allow you to to just so and hen the flashing indicator appears it will signal your to go back into the game

This system should not be equipped with a timer, it should only indicate whether or not your opponent has finished his turn. very effective and efficient tool with multiple benefits.

Fell free to comment or to point out any drawback in this system.

true tHat! also add console so we can mute in 1s instead click and switch like tards for 10 seconds. it is even inpossible to change volume now when u play a match! timer 1 min is too long. 45 s was much better

Master_Kenobi;n6885690 said:
give us windowed mode
? The game has windowed mode.
And even while tabbed out I can hear the coin-flipping sound when the enemy has made it's move.
Having a flashing taskbar when the enemy has finished would be a nice addition though.

Leeira;n6886970 said:
? The game has windowed mode.
And even while tabbed out I can hear the coin-flipping sound when the enemy has made it's move.
Having a flashing taskbar when the enemy has finished would be a nice addition though.

the game doesn't have windowed mode. it has full screen and no full screen. that is not windowed mode. windowed mode has the option to minimize an/or to change the size of the window.
i have sounds off so i don't hear what's going on. i prefer to listen something else.

Master_Kenobi;n6885690 said:
some opponent could abuse their turn by stretching their turn as long as the clock permits, leading in unnecessary frustration.

That's why a report system is a must.

But a nice borderless mode would be nice, and also a display of the mouse one the screen when not focus on it. I have already miss clicked a couple of times mulliganing a card because of not knowing where my mouse was.

Last edited:
Master_Kenobi;n6887000 said:
the game doesn't have windowed mode. it has full screen and no full screen. that is not windowed mode. windowed mode has the option to minimize an/or to change the size of the window.
i have sounds off so i don't hear what's going on. i prefer to listen something else.
um... the no full screen is windowed dude. the resolutions available are enough, what other resolutions do u really need. also the fullscreen is borderless fullscreen, for those thinikng it's regular fullscreen.

bre3zer;n6887390 said:
That's why a report system is a must.

What do you wanna report? Report that people is taking THEIR time to think and play?
Do you realize this makes no sense, right?! You can't and shouldn't be able to force your opponent to play as fast as it pleases you.

Creating a tool that allow "bullies" to force their opponents to play faster or they will be reported is just ridiculous.

EDIT
You could have a tool to report your suspicion of cheating or hacking, but you can't report delaying, when the game already have a timer and an appropriate punishment. If the players don't play before their time ends, it automatically discards a random card from their hand.

But, as master_kenobi said, a Windowed Mode with a flashing indicator of the opponent's turn ending would be a great addition to the game. It allows you to multitask, while playing the game, instead of having to stare the screen on your opponent's 60 seconds.

Last edited:
I don't think he meant forcing any/every player to play fast. I think he meant the players that, having played quickly enough to never see a timer all game, suddenly in round three are waiting until the final 2 seconds of the timer for every play (presumably because they are losing).

Back on topic: On windows, I find that using Alt-Tab (so Gwent remains full scree behind this forum window (or whatever else I am multitasking) works well. A re-sizable windowed mode is not a bad idea, and I think would help a number of people (more options are always good, as long as we don't lose the current borderless Full Screen Window option) just pointing out that, if you are on windows, you have another option besides minimizing the game totally so you can't see what is happening behind your multi-task window.

Last edited:
zkenpachiz;n6887600 said:
What do you wanna report? Report that someone is taking their time to think and play? Do you realize that makes no sense, right?! You can't and shouldn't force people to play as fast as you please.
Creating a tool for "bullies" to force their opponents to play faster or they will be reported is just ridiculous.

Sorry, you got me wrong. I encounter a player once. Who as soon as he notice, he wouldn't win started to play his remaining last cards in hand. At every last single seconde of the clock.

There is not system in the game that prevent that at the moment. A that was why, i was suggesting a report system for that peculiar issue. Not for sanctionning people who play slower, or slowly.

I myself take some time tremondous amount of time to play. I can't count the number of timer i popped with my main deck. As there is a lot of play around.

Dammit, my first message wasn't showing, even after CTRL+F5 and I rewrote everything unnecessarily. Sorry!

Last edited:
zkenpachiz;n6887730 said:
What do you wanna report? Report that people is taking THEIR time to think and play? Do you realize this makes no sense, right?! You can't and shouldn't be able to force your opponent to play as fast as it pleases you.
Creating a tool that allow "bullies" to force their opponents to play faster or they will be reported is just ridiculous.
You could have a tool to report your suspicion of cheating or hacking, but you can't report delaying, when the game already have a timer and an appropriate punishment if the players don't play before their time ends, it automatically discards a random card from their hand.
But, as master_kenobi said, a Windowed Mode with a flashing indicator of the opponent's turn ending would be a great addiction to the game. It allows you to multitask, while playing the gaming, instead of having to stare the screen on your opponent's 60 seconds.

Answer above~

willySeverus;n6887570 said:
um... the no full screen is windowed dude. the resolutions available are enough, what other resolutions do u really need. also the fullscreen is borderless fullscreen, for those thinikng it's regular fullscreen.

that kind of windowed mode you are referring to is not your usual nor accepted windowed mode. i reject the idea of choosing lower resolution in order to get "windowed" mode.
here is how the things stand.... if i set my game to "full screen: disabled" i get one giant mess with everything overlaying and overlapping. i cant see my toolbar, i cant minimize the screen unless i move the "window" and when i move it i can use the buttons in the bottom of the game because my toolbar is blocking the access. i have the same issue in hearthstone; 4/5 of my screen is the actual game itself while the 1/5 is showing my desktop. if you ever played game called football manager and you decided to put it on windowed mode then you will know what kind of windowed mode i'm talking about.
changing resolution is not the way you should define windowed mode.

as for the other people suggesting some sort of a block or ignore system... this is NOT the intention of this modification. it's merely a tool to reduce unnecessary frustration. like one of our members said, and i quote "having played quickly enough to never see a timer all game, suddenly in round three are waiting until the final 2 seconds of the timer for every play (presumably because they are losing)."
This type of a plague is commonly known as"roping" in hearthstone (because of the animation of a burning rope when you enter in last 10-15 seconds of your turn) and i have seen this in this game many times. by introducing the flashing indicator while you have your game minimized or when another window is in front of game's window you are simply making your life easier.

the game is designed to be fast paced and not a sluggish torture. it is a legitimate strategy and there is no way in hell you can report people for doing so. that would be foolish and ridiculous. all i'm saying... give the guys on the other side something of a relief when these situations occur.

As I said above, I really like your idea, master_kenobi. I just sidetracked a bit, because that "report system suggestion" triggered me really hard... lol... sorry.
If the multitasking is easier, this "roping" practice becomes less effective and therefore less common.

Top Bottom