Suggestions for a silenced handgun?

+
Other than Overture. This one is good but I'm planning a pistol build concentrating on Reflexes, Tech and Cool, and Overture requires 10 Body. Essentially what I want is a silenced gun that will one-shot goons with a headshot from stealth. Until now, I have found that only Overture is up to the job and even not at start, but only after the gun has been modded and upgraded and V has some perks. Nothing worse than counting on a silent kill only to have the goon survive the shot and alert everyone else. I haven't really tried other options because they all seem to fall short, Nova which would appear as another candidate, sucks.
My question then has anybody developed some other gun, preferably a pistol to become a good silenced one-shotter?

Overture requires 10 Body
It doesn't require any body level :(
And for the question, nope. Since 1.5 and the "nerf" of crit damages, as far as I know, none of the other handguns can do the job. i.e one-shot enemies) in silence.
(Beside, none of the other weapons in the game can do the job^^)

Edit : And my little free tip, you can loot an Overture very early game, in the corpse in which you can find the legendary cops pants (In Watson, not very far from V's apartment)

Last edited:
Yeah Overture no longer can be obtained at that well-known site in Northside, since they randomized loot in 1.5. Just went there and got a lousy Burya.
Anyway good info, I always have had this impression that the Overture needed 10 Body and I'm always pumping up. Well 10 Body is also required for the good sniper rifles but I guess one can do with some other (except Nekomata that one totally sucks).

Last edited:
Yeah Overture no longer can be obtained at that well-known site in Northside, since they randomized loot in 1.5. Just went there and got a lousy Burya.
The legendary one, yeah, no longer there since 1.5.
But you can get a uncommon one in the dead cops with kids playing around (crafting spec are too expansive... and uncommon is enough "very" early game, I generally loot it right after the ride with Dex).
cops.jpg

The legendary one, yeah, no longer there since 1.5.
But you can get a uncommon one in the dead cops with kids playing around (crafting spec are too expansive... and uncommon is enough "very" early game, I generally loot it right after the ride with Dex).
View attachment 11321711
Thanks. I found the plans for the uncommon Overture at the Kabuki market but I don't know if they are always there or it is random (I guess random). The uncommon Overture still doesn't cut it for hitman purposes, but it still is a pretty decent gun to use as is.

Thanks. I found the plans for the uncommon Overture at the Kabuki market but I don't know if they are always there or it is random (I guess random). The uncommon Overture still doesn't cut it for hitman purposes, but it still is a pretty decent gun to use as is.
I think it's good enough for a while, but activate perks which increase headshots, damages out of combat and damages with silenced weapons. Then buy at Viktor the Kiroshi mod to increase even more headshots (if possible keep searching a rare silencer).
And if you find clothes with bonuses against high/average threat (you don't need armor for stealth), equip them, even if it's common, uncommun (you can reach a fair bonus with few clothes)

You can find an epic Overture in Japan Town, in the NCPD Scanner Hustles (with a cops on a chair) not far from the MegaBuilding H8 (where Brendan is and the Clouds). But it would require epic components to be upgraded, so maybe not the best choice too early.
I think, there is also a rare one, in the NCDP Scanners Hustles along the waterfront avenue of Japan Town.

I found one also in the Jotaro Shobu or what's his name gig. It seems there are Overtures about if you look. Anyway, the main is that now I know that I don't need 10 Body to use it. I was really convinced that was the case (perhaps confused with the Burya). ATM, level 7 or so, it is best used without silencer as just a gun and it gets some really good headshots. Even one-shot kills from concealment, but not silenced so the other perps are alerted.

Try Tsunami Kyubi with some propper upgrades and with a decent can like the Alecto could become the best regular asssault rifle for the job. Also Optical Camo is a must have for this role.

Top Bottom