Suggestions for Cyberpunk 2077 moving forward

+
LOVE all the Ideas you Listed here and seriously well put.

There's very few I would think really isn't that Far Fetched. Because a lot of it Seriously seems Reasonable for an Open World RPG. (Even though it's still Advertised as one, CDPR is NOW Calling it an Action Adventure...) Especially for a Cyberpunk World. I mean it's almost Basic Open World stuff here that isn't all that Unrealistic.

I always knew whenever I played Cyberpunk, as much as I'm digging it. It ALWAYS Felt Empty and Shallow, like Somethings missing here. For an Open World Game like this, it's far too empty and Boring.
Some of these I'm sure without a Doubt will be Implemented back into the game, like the Whole Customizing Mid Game and changing your Cyber wares Color. (Fucking need this Shit man, come on. BS Seeing NPC's in this game looking Fucking Kickass while I'm here looking like a bloody Clown. SERIOUSLY want what the Valentinus Have.) Plus with some Extra Additions to the whole Cosmetics.
Everything else, is such a Big Maybe because with how the game is right now, who knows what they can do and/or what they Want to do.

LOVE all the Ideas you Listed here and seriously well put.

There's very few I would think really isn't that Far Fetched. Because a lot of it Seriously seems Reasonable for an Open World RPG. (Even though it's still Advertised as one, CDPR is NOW Calling it an Action Adventure...) Especially for a Cyberpunk World. I mean it's almost Basic Open World stuff here that isn't all that Unrealistic.

I always knew whenever I played Cyberpunk, as much as I'm digging it. It ALWAYS Felt Empty and Shallow, like Somethings missing here. For an Open World Game like this, it's far too empty and Boring.
Some of these I'm sure without a Doubt will be Implemented back into the game, like the Whole Customizing Mid Game and changing your Cyber wares Color. (Fucking need this Shit man, come on. BS Seeing NPC's in this game looking Fucking Kickass while I'm here looking like a bloody Clown. SERIOUSLY want what the Valentinus Have.) Plus with some Extra Additions to the whole Cosmetics.
Everything else, is such a Big Maybe because with how the game is right now, who knows what they can do and/or what they Want to do.
Yeah as much as it hurts i agree i did try to put some "realistic ideas" even tho they very much unrealistic 'd be happy even with quality of life improvements i never say never tho maybe a dev reads this and gets inspired and yes i 1100% i agree i want Pink arms PLEASE !

Haven't seen this written in yet or maybe my eyes are to old.

Noticed to many times that when I am in conversation with one character the telephone rings or some other mission pop-up appears which causes conversation choices to get missed or messed up on selection. Would like to see a change made so that if your in conversation the game at least waits for the current conversation to end before updating the next mission or starting a new conversation.

Some really good suggestions here! I think it would be nice to interact with the overworld a little more. Small details like sitting on benches, leaning on walls, etc.

Photomode is great, but slightly clunky compared to others.

Still one of my favourite games and what ever they plan to do in the future, I most definitely look forward to it!

I have two Main Jobs and one activity I'd like to play in the Cyberpunk world. They extend the life of the game and are repeatable by nature.

Racing, Farming and Fishing.

Racing
- There are several very long roads that could be used for drag strips. Maybe a 2-99 person drag race. 1st 2nd and 3rd earn eddies.

- Farming- A plot of land or a Protein Farm Greenhouse will work fine for a grow area. The idea is to extend gameplay and keep the player in the Cyberpunk world in ways that will satiate them/me. I know from a game developer's perspective that you want to keep it as simple as possible with as few resources as possible. This one would kind of be a big deal on many levels-very few games have all of what is going on and have a decent gardening or farming system players can interact with and use it to progress in the game monetarily and/or otherwise and it fits in with the Cyberpunk world. We can clean up the soil and the water and build a better world for the people instead of just straight up trying to cut the head off the snake with nuclear warheads.

Some suggestions for the farming- Need a location, if it's a plot of land, we'll need the land, water, a way to clean the water, fertilizer and places to get fertilizer. The player may have to go on missions to acquire these items, they may have to go to many different places in the world to find a 10 piece still to distill water to grow food, or find a filtration system, something along those lines. To distribute the water to the plants player may have to set up a plumbing system, or maybe there is a one tank thingabob you can place next to the field and it does it automatically.

Protein Farm Greenhouse- From the outside, the installations look like the perfect place to grow real food and or medicine. I can't get inside the greenhouses, but if I could I'd like to set one or more up to grow real food or medicine. The player would control the light, temp, air, water, everything. They would have to acquire the items needed to get it running and keep it running.

Seeds and cuttings- Players will need to track down seeds and cuttings in the beginning to get their farm/garden going, but may obtain seeds for future plantings from the plants they grow.

Acquiring fertilizer could be similar, there may be locations where the player would have to go to find the fertilizer, or, and this leads me to the next game suggestion--the player could also use fish for fertilizer. The fish could be harvested for it's meat the player could use for food buffs like we do with Hawt Dawg or Ave Saitan, the bones portion or the whole fish could be used for fertilizer. The fish can be bred in large and small breeding tanks and retrieved for use, the fish can be stocked into larger bodies of water that has been made suitable to support them, and the whole fish or parts can be sold. Maybe we could fish them out of our own breeding tanks and invite other players to fish with us. Maybe a fish transportation vehicle could be used to transport large amounts of fish to where they need to go instead of making a million trips back and forth to the drop point/sell station/customer or restocking locations.

Fishing- On a personal level I'd like to catch fish with a fishing pole. But if in addition to the manual taking of fish, players are able to breed large amounts of fish in breeding tanks, a simple transfer to inventory and/or vehicle may be in order.

Crafting with the fish- The player should be able to use the fish whole so as to sell it or eat it or use it as fertilizer, and the player should be able to break the fish down into food, skin and bones for different uses. Food is edible, skin can be made into leather for a variety of uses, and bones can be used for fertilizer.

Players can go off and do whatever they want whenever they want. But they'll always have something to come back to while an instance is reloading or while waiting on an update or dlc, or they just get bored.

It can be a big deal or just another thing we can do. That would be up to the people who make those decisions.

It's a way to add a few more things for players to do to stay busy and keep us in the game in a fun way. There aren't very many games that do this farming/gardening thing on the consoles. And I feel you probably don't want to be known for these particular suggestions, but it's actually a good thing to be known for. Many players ask all the time, "What open world game has a good farming/gardening system?"

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Nice thread!
Totally agree with so many suggestions.

I'd love for CDPR to expand on gangs.

Gangs should work like factions:
Finishing gigs/ncpd quests etc related to a specific gang might lower your rep with that gang while raising it with a rival gang. However, finishing those gigs/quests/ncpd unseen won't affect your standing either way and might give you something else instead. So there's incentive for both stealth and non-stealth, as long as it's different.
Gaining rep with a gang could unlock gang specific vendors (Maelstron ripperdoc, 6th street weapons vendor etc) and gang related quests. Loosing rep could lock you out from that factions quests, vendors and might turn them hostile.

Organic quests:
Add the possibilty to find quests organically. Some quests should only be picked up by more or less accidentally stumbling upon them.
For example watching a news report about a kidnapping, finding an audio log in a gang hideout, overhearing a conversation in a bar/street/store, hearing a news report on the radio, reading a specific shard, from saving someone being robbed/beaten/threatened in NPCD quests etc.
It would really encourage exploring and add immersion.

Stealth/non-stealth consequences:
Finishing some quests unseen could open a certain follow up quest while you open up another quest if you're seen. Street cred could be divided in 2 sub sections, one for stealth and one for the direct/gung ho approach. Killing an enemy from stealth gives you street cred + stealth cred and vice versa. Then you could unlock quests, vendors etc from your stealth/brute points.

I have two Main Jobs and one activity I'd like to play in the Cyberpunk world. They extend the life of the game and are repeatable by nature.

Racing
- There are several very long roads that could be used for drag strips. Maybe a 2-99 person drag race. 1st 2nd and 3rd earn eddies.

- Farming- A plot of land or a Protein Farm Greenhouse will work fine for a grow area. The idea is to extend gameplay and keep the player in the Cyberpunk world in ways that will satiate them/me. I know from a game developer's perspective that you want to keep it as simple as possible with as few resources as possible. This one would kind of be a big deal on many levels-very few games have all of what is going on and have a decent gardening or farming system players can interact with and use it to progress in the game monetarily and/or otherwise and it fits in with the Cyberpunk world. We can clean up the soil and the water and build a better world for the people instead of just straight up trying to cut the head off the snake with nuclear warheads.

Some suggestions for the farming- Need a location, if it's a plot of land, we'll need the land, water, a way to clean the water, fertilizer and places to get fertilizer. The player may have to go on missions to acquire these items, they may have to go to many different places in the world to find a 10 piece still to distill water to grow food, or find a filtration system, something along those lines. To distribute the water to the plants player may have to set up a plumbing system, or maybe there is a one tank thingabob you can place next to the field and it does it automatically.

Protein Farm Greenhouse- From the outside, the installations look like the perfect place to grow real food and or medicine. I can't get inside the greenhouses, but if I could I'd like to set one or more up to grow real food or medicine. The player would control the light, temp, air, water, everything. They would have to acquire the items needed to get it running and keep it running.

Seeds and cuttings- Players will need to track down seeds and cuttings in the beginning to get their farm/garden going, but may obtain seeds for future plantings from the plants they grow.

Acquiring fertilizer could be similar, there may be locations where the player would have to go to find the fertilizer, or, and this leads me to the next game suggestion--the player could also use fish for fertilizer. The fish could be harvested for it's meat the player could use for food buffs like we do with Hawt Dawg or Ave Saitan, the bones portion or the whole fish could be used for fertilizer. The fish can be bred in large and small breeding tanks and retrieved for use, the fish can be stocked into larger bodies of water that has been made suitable to support them, and the whole fish or parts can be sold. Maybe we could fish them out of our own breeding tanks and invite other players to fish with us. Maybe a fish transportation vehicle could be used to transport large amounts of fish to where they need to go instead of making a million trips back and forth to the drop point/sell station/customer or restocking locations.

Fishing- On a personal level I'd like to catch fish with a fishing pole. But if in addition to the manual taking of fish, players are able to breed large amounts of fish in breeding tanks, a simple transfer to inventory and/or vehicle may be in order.

Crafting with the fish- The player should be able to use the fish whole so as to sell it or eat it or use it as fertilizer, and the player should be able to break the fish down into food, skin and bones for different uses. Food is edible, skin can be made into leather for a variety of uses, and bones can be used for fertilizer.

Players can go off and do whatever they want whenever they want. But they'll always have something to come back to while an instance is reloading or while waiting on an update or dlc, or they just get bored.

It can be a big deal or just another thing we can do. That would be up to the people who make those decisions.

It's a way to add a few more things for players to do to stay busy and keep us in the game in a fun way. There aren't very many games that do this farming/gardening thing on the consoles. And I feel you probably don't want to be known for these particular suggestions, but it's actually a good thing to be known for. Many players ask all the time, "What open world game has a good farming/gardening system?"

Thanks for your time.
Great ideas, mate. The farming/gardening part, I think these things should be hidden somewhere from the corpos, underground in the badlands (maybe somewhere accessed via the Raffen Shiv tunnel?). I'd totally see Nomads growing medicinal and psychedelic mushrooms in there.

Now the fishing pole part is a bit tricky in a dystopic world, since oceans are way too polluted... maybe in man made pools with genetically engineered fishes? I don't know.

Noticed to many times that when I am in conversation with one character the telephone rings or some other mission pop-up appears which causes conversation choices to get missed or messed up on selection. Would like to see a change made so that if your in conversation the game at least waits for the current conversation to end before updating the next mission or starting a new conversation.
overlapping calls during conversation gotcha
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure if i should add it because im pretty sure its a unintended bug

Last edited:
Dogmentation

Seriously... they talk about it in Deus Ex Human Evolutions, and this post confirms that Dogmentation exists in Cyberpunk universe.

1610800713302.png

We need some augmented dogs and cats...

Racing

Thanks for your time.
On the Racing well said you make a good point and i fully support it the rest not so much i think the game should focus on what it already offers gunplay, stealth you gotta remember you are a merc not a farmer it wouldn't make sense the game already has tons of consumables that makes no sense unless you scrapping them for component > crafting and upgrades i think in order to keep players in they need some sort of procedual generated quest bounty hunting or more quests anything that lets us use end game weapon and keeps us on the loop
dont get me wrong i can see your passion just trying to be constructive if the scope of the game was biggeerrr than i would fully agree on what you stated but it isn't i doubt this game will get any closer to RDR 2 fishing especially due to lore reasons or fallout 4 farming crops

My suggestions since we cant create our own suggestion posts and are stuck replying under other peoples created posts...

1) A variety of special clothing sets so we can see our character.
The cloths in this game are so goofy (ugly) and it would be nice to have
a suite on or something else fashionable that looks nice that hides all
of the funky, ugly, stupid looking armor we on. Even a feature to not show our
helm or hat or goggles would be nice.

2) More scenes in the game that shifts so we can see our V. The only way
we get to see or view our V is when looking at a mirror or riding a bike.

3) Why don't we have a flaghslight or some sort of night vision cyberware?
There are to many dark areas in the game its hard to know where we are or
which way we are moving.

4) Why are there so many Teleporters ( fast travel) machines in the game?
Whats the point in collecting all of these vechicles to buy and drive when
we can just zip to another part of the map? This is a open world game thats
supposed to have us participating in ALL the time, which means if we have
some place to go weather its all the way on the other side of town, we
should be forced to either walk, or use a vechicle to get to it. Fast travel
makes the game that much smaller (IMO). Theres no point in even driving and
spending hard earned eddies on cars if we can just teleport instantly. Fast
travel needs to be kept in certain locations only.

5) PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT WHEN WE PICK UP A NEW WEAPON, AND WHEN ITS IN OUR
INVENTORY AND WE MOUSE OVER THE WEAPON THAT A SMALL SCREEN COMES UP COMPARING
THAT WEAPON TO WHAT WE ARE CURRENTLY USING? I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A BUG OR
WHAT, BUT ITS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS IN THIS GAME. I CAN NEVER
SEE THE STATS OF A WEAPON THAT I JUST PICKED UP WHEN I MOUSE OVER IT.

6) First person driving needs a big improvement. Its impossible to drive and
see where we are going most of the time becuase i cant see the road in front
of me depending on what type of vechicle im in.

7) The Police ... if we walk too close to a cop either intentionaly or
accidentaly..they just start blasting which is idiotic. Then to make things
even more stupider, 15 more cops teleport out of no where and start blasting.
Where the F did they come from???

8) The police... if i accidentaly hit a civilian...15 cops teleport out of
nowhere. Like I said in my #7 improvement note above, where the F did they
comefrom???

9) The attribute "Dagger Dealer" in the Cool Perk section which allows us
to throw our knives...WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PICK THEM BACK UP! Why should I
lose my epic or legendary blade after I throw it at a enemy???

10) The attribute "Dagger Dealer" in the cool perk section which allows us
to throw our knives...there needs to be a seperate throw key on the keyboard
(or button on a controller.) We lose our abiity to block or defend ourseves
when we hold down the right mouse button..

11) The attribute "Scrapper" in the Technical perk section....uh..why isnt
there a way to only scrap what we want automaticaly scrapped? If im trying
to save up eddies for something and i see a chain thats classified as junk
but its worth $750 eddies why would i want to automaticaly have that
scrapped? We need to be able to hold down shift or something to prevent us
from scrapping certain things.

12) Conversation in the game...we need more time to chose what line we want
to respond with and not having the npcs in the game tell us that we are
taking to long or saying stuff like " hello V? are you there?"

13) In regards to muliplayer, we need to be able to take our Vs from single
player and team up with other players Vs to do Co-op stuff in the game. Im
not talking about PVP, but PVE stuff. Whats the point in building up our Vs by
finding all of these items and figuring out what our favorite skills are to use and
actually using them if we are only using them against the computer controlled (horrible AI)
enemies in the game? Seems pointless and it gets boring fast. But knowing
that we are creating our Vs to play along side other players custom Vs that
they they also took the time to level and gear is what will give this game
longevity and make it 1000% fun. I personaly dont care and probably wont
even play PVP when multiplayer comes out..but thats just me.

14) The Map feature in the game... please get rid of the mouse over thing
where if we are holding down the left mouse button to scroll to the bottom
of the map and we mouse over for instance where it says character at the top
of the map screen, the game automaticaly takes us to the character screen.
Im trying to use a freaking map here....

15) In regards to the forums on cdprojektred site, new users should be able
to leave feedback / suggestions in a suggestion thread. What is the point
of the 10 posts rule if all we want to do is leave feedback???

On the Racing well said you make a good point and i fully support it the rest not so much i think the game should focus on what it already offers gunplay, stealth you gotta remember you are a merc not a farmer it wouldn't make sense the game already has tons of consumables that makes no sense unless you scrapping them for component > crafting and upgrades i think in order to keep players in they need some sort of procedual generated quest bounty hunting or more quests anything that lets us use end game weapon and keeps us on the loop
dont get me wrong i can see your passion just trying to be constructive if the scope of the game was biggeerrr than i would fully agree on what you stated but it isn't i doubt this game will get any closer to RDR 2 fishing especially due to lore reasons or fallout 4 farming crops
Yeh, just putting it out there, I'd be very surprised if the game even made it back to the marketplace.
Post automatically merged:

Great ideas, mate. The farming/gardening part, I think these things should be hidden somewhere from the corpos, underground in the badlands (maybe somewhere accessed via the Raffen Shiv tunnel?). I'd totally see Nomads growing medicinal and psychedelic mushrooms in there.

Now the fishing pole part is a bit tricky in a dystopic world, since oceans are way too polluted... maybe in man made pools with genetically engineered fishes? I don't know.
That's why we'd have to clean up the water, I know that sunflowers are used to clean up nuclear spills and was kind of hopin' it might spawn some other ideas along those lines, even if what I want isn't included. More than anything I'm grasping for straws to save the game. But I really do want all those things in all the games I play.

Last edited:
You have put a lot of work into that post. Here's my suggestions too. You can add them if you wish:

- Metro system,cab system "I know im asking too much i get it im sorry"

Those would be useless if you already have 10 almost indestructible cars. So in order to make sense:
- Realistic car damage;
- Repair costs eddies and time not like now for free - this means car repair shops need to be added;
- Personal garage have to be added too;
- Minimap icons/names or search for the most important and interesting locations - go find a particular club at the moment it is almost impossible;

You mentioned that the replayability is the most important feature indeed.
- There are so many locked doors/rooms/apartments/etc - those can be made into interesting events or missions;
- More side jobs/gigs are definitely needed;
- Police missions need to be improved - at the moment they are "go kill 3-4 gang members, loot 1 box, go to another location, loot 1 more box, that's it". Those could be made into something more interesting - for example like the side jobs or even more you can help the police if you want to. It could be a side quest line or at least some kind of investigations for each mission. There is so much possibilities.
- More quest diversity is needed too - I know that at the moment there are such, but I think some more non-violent and requiring some thinking quests would do much good for the game, because run & gun becomes boring after 20th such mission.

- Realistic car damage;
- Repair costs eddies and time not like now for free - this means car repair shops need to be added;
- Minimap icons/names or search for the most important and interesting locations - go find a particular club at the moment it is almost impossible;

Yes! These are brilliant suggestions. Minimap icon names are a must! I've memorized a few areas, but it would make life easier if they were named.

You have put a lot of work into that post. Here's my suggestions too. You can add them if you wish:

Those would be useless if you already have 10 almost indestructible cars. So in order to make sense:
- Realistic car damage;

You mentioned that the replayability is the most important feature indeed.
- There are so many locked doors/rooms/apartments/etc - those can be made into interesting events or missions;
- More side jobs/gigs are definitely needed;
- Police missions need to be improved - at the moment they are "go kill 3-4 gang members, loot 1 box, go to another location, loot 1 more box, that's it". Those could be made into something more interesting - for example like the side jobs or even more you can help the police if you want to. It could be a side quest line or at least some kind of investigations for each mission. There is so much possibilities.
- More quest diversity is needed too - I know that at the moment there are such, but I think some more non-violent and requiring some thinking quests would do much good for the game, because run & gun becomes boring after 20th such mission.
Yeah i should probably add those i would assume these are obvious things to be fixed but at this point i don't even know whats a suggestion or a proper game mechanic

Yeah i should probably add those i would assume these are obvious things to be fixed but at this point i don't even know whats a suggestion or a proper game mechanic

Well... some 15 years old games have those so I think you should not worry about it too much. Lots of those features/mechanics were figured out decades ago. Honestly I haven't seen anything that cannot actually be made or be implemented so far from the list.

Edit: You can also sort the suggestions in groups;

Well... some 15 years old games have those so I think you should not worry about it too much. Lots of those features/mechanics were figured out decades ago. Honestly I haven't seen anything that cannot actually be made or be implemented so far from the list.

Edit: You can also sort the suggestions in groups;
Yeah thats a good call i tried not to make long super essay because yeah they turn to be super boring to read but man.. the more i play the game/read the forum the more things get added to that list even basic things that a game should have..

Going to add two more ideas. Maybe those are crazy ones, but would greatly influence overall playability:
- possibility to re-enable missions we already done (for example as option in menu), could be regenerated in different location or in same for simplicity, ideally procedurally generated parts of content (client and target names, quest object, quest type),
- option to add missions as mods, even with standard models, rooms and all (ideally if those also could be added as user's content). It could be for example "certified" by CDPR team to allow only lore compatible and appropriate complexity ones as well as to not allow two missions to take place in same location at same time (locations could be re-used after one mission ends). This most probably would require some tool from CDPR to actually create content compatible with their engine. With this option alone we would have had tons of things to do in this world, probably almost unlimited as time will go on. This could also fill this "empty" vertical world :).

Top Bottom