Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher I card suggestions

Sometimes (read: quite often) I miss the dark atmosphere we had while we played The Witcher (the first game).

To staunch the nostalgia, I thought how to adapt some of those characters.
Anyone else feels like we should give the devs some good ideas to adapt them for Gwent?

Golan Vivaldi (Neutral unit, Silver)
Dwarf, Support, Stubborn, Doomed
3 Str

If you are winning by more than 15 points, Strengthen a Bronze or Silver ally by 3 and shuffle it back to your deck.

Declan Leuvaarden (Neutral unit, Silver)
Support
3 Str

If you are losing by more than 15 points, draw a card.

These two "banker" cards would allow you to adjust the tempo, by saving some resources if you think you used too many, or by strengthen your hand if you seriously got behind but still want to get enough cards to fill the gap.

Kalkstein (Neutral unit, Silver)
Support, Doomed
1 Str

Resurrect a Bronze Alchemy card from either graveyard.

Zdenek (Neutral unit, Silver)
Temeria (?)
6 Str

Duel an enemy, then heal itself.

I miss Kalkstein, too bad his presence in Wild Hunt was short to say the least :(.
He should be given an ability tied to his huge talent of alchemist (limited to Bronze , ofc).

Zdenek has been for years champion of fistfighting, I think he recovered after every bout :).

I was thinking of an alternative version for Adda, something like: 'Return up to 4 cursed allies in your hand and play them in that order'. Because most cursed units have good deploy abilities. Plus it's sort of thematic I guess.

Another one is a Leader for Monsters: 1 power, 'Trigger all your allies' Deathwishes, boost self by 1 for each'
And a Bronze: 4 power, 'If your opponent passes deal 5 damage to the Highest enemy. Deathwish: Deal 5 damage to the Highest enemy'

And for Scoia'tael: Silver, 5 power, 'Ambush: After 1 turn, at the end the of turn, flip this unit over. If you mulligan a card boost this unit by 5 and make it flip 1 turn later'. Just something good for chaining mulligans, but risky as well if they pass.

Second Chance

Neutral
Bronze
Special (maybe some other tags)
Ability: Play a bronze unit from your hand and give it "Deathwish: summon another copy of this unit". Draw a card.

This might sound silly but I am serious. I don't want to spoil the books so I will just refer to this character by their nickname. We need a little horse neutral. Little horse has a base of 6 and damages by 5 if it kills it's opponent buff to 11. The buff is for growing up.

Wonderboy8700;n10262512 said:
We need a little horse neutral. Little horse has a base of 6 and damages by 5 if it kills it's opponent buff to 11.

"Little horse" is already a potential ST gold card.

bilbo.baggins. little horse a book character (I really don't want to post spoilers so I will tell you to look it up on google,) that is a non humanoid. To the best of my knowledge there is no card with his nickname or real name in game.

Wonderboy8700;n10265182 said:
bilbo.baggins. little horse a book character (I really don't want to post spoilers so I will tell you to look it up on google,) that is a non humanoid. To the best of my knowledge there is no card with his nickname or real name in game.

Umm, yes, i'm aware of the character you speak of, i have read ( and really like ) the books.

The longer version: In the gwent.wikia website there's a page with unreleased content, listing cards of each faction. Those cards are either going to be released in the future, or ( i guess ) are older ideas that are never going to be realized. The horse who shall not be named is listed as a ST gold card ( i was even hoping we would get this card in the Midwinter patch... ).

The shorter version: "Little horse" is already a potential ST gold card. :)

Wonderboy8700;n10265702 said:
bilbo.baggins. good to know, thanks for the info. I still think they should do 2 cards for him (1 for younger one for adult version,) also I think ST is the wrong class. They same more neutral.

While i agree it would make sense as a neutral card, making it a ST card is hardly an offense if you consider other existing cards/factions. Example, since i'm a ST player:

I love Schirru, very good card, but...he was a Vilgefortz lackey for effs sake! He's not even an elf but a half-elf.

Another possible suggestion for Rience:

Nilfgaard
Gold, Spying
2 strenght

Ability: Destroy a unit of your choice on this row and the weakest on the opposing row OR ressurect an alchemy card (including gold) from either graveyard.

It looks like Rience will come to the game in the near future! Take a look this leaked card art: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ked_card_arts/

Many speculate it´s rience on the right picture!

Last edited:
Heyo all, first post on the forums. Anyway, here's an idea I had to make Epidemic somewhat more useful - see what you guys think about it:

Epidemic:

Neutral
Bronze, Hazard, Special

Ability: Apply a Hazard to an enemy row that deals 1-4 damage to the Lowest units on turn start.

Note: The RNG for damage should only check once, then apply that number as a blanket to the Lowest units.

I like the idea for Rence.

That epidemic change would be in the worst case the old torrential rain and in every other case far too strong. If one wants epidemic to be a hazard, I would suggest: Whenever a unit on the row dies damage the lowest units on the row by 2. So, if you set it up right, you can harm even higher units and create a great chain reaction.

The idea for shield wall doesn't work, because Hazards would just replace the boon.

FG15-ISH7EG, If the developers program the armor in the row (instead of the cards on the row) then the hazards can be placed on the row at the same time and damage can be taken from the armor first. For example mist does damage to armor before power.

4 ideas all wild hunt.

1. Spectral rider (silver). Eight power, duels opponent. If opponent is killed spawn slave. Slave is a bronze card that has half the power of the defeated unit (rounded down) and provides plus 2 to spectral rider every 2nd turn.

2. Spectral king (gold). 12 power, can kill any bronze or silver with 12 power or less.

3. Fishtech poison (gold). Creates status supercharged for 2 turns (buff card by 4 each turn). On the 3rd turn the buffed card dies. However, the supercharged status adds a deathwish of doing the cards total amount of power as damage to the opposite row (the theory being drug makes you crazed and you go on a killing spree before having a heart attack.)
​​​​​​
4. Aubern king (gold). Power 3, Summon 2 random bronze wild hunt units from deck and give buff Kings blessing (boost unit by 3.)

Last edited:
I've recently been browsing around the old card history (id est, how cards used to function in the closed beta and their gradual changes with each update) and I was quite surprised. There are some bloody great ideas there which, with the row cap and everything being agile, could be re-implemented or slightly tweaked without a lot of fuss:
  • Vrihedd Sappers
    4 Strength, Agile, Elf, Disloyal, Bronze, Common.
    When a Special Card is played, remove 2 strength from all non-Gold units on the row. Spying
  • Fireball Trap
    1 Strength, Agile, Ambush, Loyal, Bronze, Rare.
    Ambush: When a revealed non-Gold unit appears on the opposite row, damage it by 3 and spawn a Commando Neophyte unit on a random row on your side. (commando neophyte was a STR 3 Token back in the day. This can be adjusted)
  • Elven Wardancer,
    2 Strength, Agile, Elf, Loyal, Bronze, Common.
    Boost self by 4 whenever you play an Ambush.
  • Another suggestion would be to make the Elven (Dol Blathanna) Trapper Ambush and triggered only when the opponent plays something on the opposite row. Without ambush, Scoia'Tael's faction identity is very much damaged. Granted, many ambush cards were OP back in the day but now you can lock them and play around them with agilities and I am not even talking about Schirru who was a nightmare to play against :p just some bronze cards that even then, were rarely used. The names belong to existing cards but the abilities could be added to new ones I hope :)

Geralt Axii

Card type: gold
Value: 5

Ability/ies: Charm a unit with 10 power or less.
or
Charm 2 units with 5 power or less.

Or maybe even a choice between those 2 options.But i guess then he would be auto include in any deck.The second option came to my mind from TW3 alternate axii talent,where it hits 2 targets.
Thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom