Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are cards this would effect...Cards that buff damage, cards that have "deathrattle"..it would be a good add.

I completely disagree with you, sorry. That is way these card are so unique to have them in the deck, if we start place silence on them, then this uniqueness is not relevant. Is make sense in Hearthstone because cards have moves, turns and we using them multiple times (card can be silence for one turn but you can use them in next) but in gwent don't have any sense.

I know there is a lot of Herathstone lovers here also but I'm not one of them, I played game but Im not fun of that card game.
Gwent for me is perfect how it is - I haven't been fascinated by any card game like that since Triple Triad in Final Fantasy VIII.
Don't get me wrong, Hearthstone is a good game but I don't want to see Gwent turning into game like dozens of others because they are all so similar at every stage of the game, would even say copies with only slight differences.

Keep away Gwent as far as possible from Hearthstone. Because this is way I fell in love in Gwent - uniqueness, originality without trying to copy something from other game.
[h=3][/h]

Not really a Hearthstone rip off. Just adds a element of control. Magic has similar mechanics, remember Hearthstone isn't the first CCG. Where Hearthstone lost my support was the veer towards HEAVY RNG plays. " Cards with very random effects that greatly effect the games outcome". The game is great as is, but I believe eventually you will have control put in..also, if a minion is silenced, you can just decoy it back..not the end of the world. Scorch and weather effects are the control now..don't you think more will be introduced? If not, that's ok too.
Also, totally okay to disagree. :)

mjul

Forum veteran
Not really a Hearthstone rip off. Just adds a element of control. Magic has similar mechanics, remember Hearthstone isn't the first CCG. Where Hearthstone lost my support was the veer towards HEAVY RNG plays. " Cards with very random effects that greatly effect the games outcome". The game is great as is, but I believe eventually you will have control put in..also, if a minion is silenced, you can just decoy it back..not the end of the world. Scorch and weather effects are the control now..don't you think more will be introduced? If not, that's ok too.
Also, totally okay to disagree. :)

I think you've just answered yourself.

Scorch, Epidemic and Weather are the spells and silence, essentially the "control" of Gwent. There is no need to have a silence, since you can potentially make an entire enemy row almost useless with a single card. Besides, the mechanics are different, here you do not target specific cards (unless it's a decoy, or you're drawing with a medic or something similar but that's just your cards) with abilities, you target rows and we already have what is effectively a row silence and that is weather cards.

Last edited:
I think you've just answered yourself.

Scorch, Epidemic and Weather are the spells and silence, essentially the "control" of Gwent. There is no need to have a silence, since you can potentially make an entire enemy row almost useless with a single card. Besides, the mechanics are different, here you do not target specific cards (unless it's a decoy, or you're drawing with a medic or something similar but that's just your cards) with abilities, you target rows and we already have what is effectively a row silence and that is weather cards.

Weather is a control, but it also controls you to an extent. A silence type mechanic wouldn't hit both sides. Also, Scorch can effect you as well. Please keep in mind, I am just responding to the topic, in no way am I trying to tell CDPR how to make the game. Just having fun with Crazy card ideas. I favor control mechanics, and would love to see a control without possible adverse effects. If not..that's ok too..I will plan accordingly..:)

What about some "potions" or "bomb" cards.... "Blizzard" could grant a extra attack bonus for example.

Don't forget Promotion (To Promote a non-Hero to Hero Card) is the 'Anti-Control' ability that stops Epidemic, Scorch and Weathers.

Indeed..Promotion is a great thought. What about a card that removes the Hero trait..like a Curse or something. Again, just throwing out ideas here..lol

it will makes heroes even more OP.. imagine someone using Igni over and over again
I think he meant remove hero status, not card from the table.

What about some "potions" or "bomb" cards.... "Blizzard" could grant a extra attack bonus for example.

Elixirs are deadly for everyone besides witchers, more like it some card (Geralt after drinking elixir with some extra ability or something - like one of these cards Geralt Igni, Aard)). Bombs are fine - I like that idea, could work like weather effect or something on a row)

Last edited:
If you remove hero status you can decoy and reuse the card. That's overpowered as hell on some heroes.

Good point, that would be the gamble in removing a hero ability to then neuter with weather..if they have a decoy...ouch! Like a "Slander" card..removes a heroes words and deeds...makes em ordinary.

---------- Updated at 06:38 PM ----------

That's a good idea, but I think I'd prefer Heroes to remain the "untouchable" cards.^^

lol me too... Just a interesting thought..but keep it the same I say.

Bomb card, something like that....poor graphics but I did not want it to spend too much time on that, sorry :)
Just to make a point, how could work.

Last edited:

mjul

Forum veteran
Bomb card...[/IMG]

Usability would be really low. Why would you use one of your special slots for this, when you could get a +2 encourage with some strength of its own, which is a troop. Also there are already a few cards which give a -2 and they all give more benefits than this one. A simple -2 is not worth it.

Another thing. Would this be a glyph? If that was the case it would extremely overpowered, since placing one glyph prevents you from placing another on that row. This would be the most OP thing ever.

Usability would be really low. Why would you use one of your special slots for this, when you could get a +2 encourage with some strength of its own, which is a troop. Also there are already a few cards which give a -2 and they all give more benefits than this one. A simple -2 is not worth it.

Another thing. Would this be a glyph? If that was the case it would extremely overpowered, since placing one glyph prevents you from placing another on that row. This would be the most OP thing ever.

Yes, is a glyph...you are trowing bomb in a group of people is not a single opponent, that way description is "on row"
Most OP thing ever? Don't think so...weather reduces all cards to 1 strength and that bomb reduces only by 2 points, so far away from the most OP thing ever :)

mjul

Forum veteran
Yes, is a glyph...you are trowing bomb in a group of people is not a single opponent, that way description is "on row"
Most OP thing ever? Don't think so...weather reduces all cards to 1 strength and that bomb reduces only by 2 points, so far away from the most OP thing ever :)

You prevent your opponent from putting down a mushroom or a commander's horn. That's why it's OP.

You prevent your opponent from putting down a mushroom or a commander's horn. That's why it's OP.
Toxic smoke can not stay forever, we can say fumes will gone when opponent plays horn or mushroom :) If he don't have any then toxic smoke will stay to the end of the round.

mjul

Forum veteran
Toxic smoke can not stay forever, we can say fumes will gone when opponent plays horn or mushroom :) If he don't have any then toxic smoke will stay to the end of the round.

So it's not a glyph. Then it's useless, really. Yeavin gives you a card and does the same. Blueboy Lugos is less predictable, but it still gives you 4 strength and Zoltan:AT is a way better card. I don't see how this could be useful at all.

If it was a -4 and a disloyal card than can go to any row (sort of a reverse mushroom that's not a glyph) that could make sense, it could be decoyed by the enemy and played onto you. But so far all the cards that went on the board were actual creatures, not effects.

EDIT: Here's an alternative that's usable, a 2 strength, disloyal character who gives -2 to all the enemy units on a row and it can only be placed on a single row. It'd take a char slot (important!) and it's only playable if the enemy has more than 4 units on a row (in which case it's roughly equivalent to a 6 or more strength on your side). Such a card could be useful against muster decks like Monsters.

Last edited:
and Zoltan:AT is a way better card. I don't see how this could be useful at all.
Is not about we don't need this because there is better card then that, if someone will make better card then Zoltan will be weaker yes? Then you say, we don't need Zoltan because we have better card now....We have this situation with every cards, there are better and worst cards but you not get the best cards at the beginning of the game, when you get better similar card from the pack then you replace old card.

Don't forget this is topic crazy cards. I have another one :)

Teleport: When you enter teleport you don't know exactly where you end up, so I came up with this idea...when situation on the battlefield goes wrong (like opponent place frost and your good character card and strength been reduces to 1, you withdraw from the battlefield by using teleport) and because you never know where and when you come out....card will back randomly on the table any time and in a random round as well.

Last edited:

mjul

Forum veteran
Is not about we don't need this because there is better card then that, if someone will make better card then Zoltan will be weaker yes? Then you say, we don't need Zoltan because we have better card now....

Well, basically yes. You can only have so many cards in your deck, so it's obvious that there will be better and worse cards. The trick is to make cards situational so that they can be super effective when used at the right time. If you have a card that's simply better, what's the point in having the other one?

As for the teleport card, it's too random and too difficult to incorporate into the mechanics of the game. What if you play it on the first round and it won't come on on round 2 (and you lose the second round)?

If you want a crazy card here's one:
Yennefer: Polymorph 4 strength hero. Transform any of your troop cards to a random card from your enemy's side of the board.

AWESOME!! yea, Witcher bombs inc.. I think we are on to something here..nice job btw!

---------- Updated at 12:40 PM ----------

I love the concept of this card. Great idea for a Crazy card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom