Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wertandrew;n10792241 said:
Feel free to edit the OP or let me know if you need me to change anything to better reflect suggestions. It was before the time that resilience was even in the game, so the OP suggestions are really old.

If you have new ideas, or would like to change anything in the OP, please, go ahead.

King Tankred/Esterad & Carduin

King Tankred/Esterad & Carduin

Both interesting characters worthy of having cards IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Suggestion - Renfri

I just had an idea lately, as I was playing Expired Ale, and was thinking about its old ability. I thought one could take that ability, rename it, maybe tweak it a bit, and give it to Renfri. For those, who might don't know which ability it was: Turn Expired Ale into Foul Ale, and give it to your opponent, with Foul Ale: "Make your opponent draw the top Silver or Gold card from their Deck, or after 3 turns in your Hand, at the start of your turn Banish this card and Discard a random card from your Hand."
The Renfri variation could spawn a special card in your opponent's hand (could name it as "Ultimatum" or "The Lesser Evil") with the above mentioned ability. Eventually small changes could be made, if for example 3 turns are too much, it could be 2 instead, or it could be a random or the top card that is drawn and not necessiarly a gold or silver. I thought Renfri could have 5-7 strength, and depending on how vulnerable the spwaned card, she could be either silver or gold. If the "Ultimatum" could be swapped or discarded, she should be silver, as it potentially gives your opponent the card advantage. If the "Ultimatum" cannot be swapped or discarded, it could be a gold card. I would prefer the second variation, as it would make it more reliable, and it would give more variation to the CA cards.

What do you think?

I know Wardancer is not a new card. But maybe this will help devs to find a proper ability for it.
So my suggestion is to add following line: "If swapped during a mulligan phase - play this card, do not draw a card".

Name: Meteor Shower
Effect:
Transform all your cards to premium cards for one round.
Draw a card.
Category: Bronze

A list of cards i'd like to see in the game:

-Vysogota of Corvo
-Toussaint knight errant
-The Druid Circle (that can spawn a monster tree or scorch)
-Duny (let's not add any spoilers)
-Portals (special card)
-Sand monsters (the ones from Korath Desert)
-The Rats Gang
-Auberon Muircetach

And i'd also like for Vilgefortz to change ability a little, it's a powerful card but i'd like something more from the main villain of The Witcher universe. His more interesting ability was the one that he used in the Skellige see twice, making an entire longship disappear.

LTK

Forum regular
Here are a few ideas to give flavor to the notion of the board as a battlefield:

Skirmish
Neutral Epic Silver Tactic
Force every allied unit on a row to duel a random enemy on the opposite row

Cavalry Charge
Neutral Rare Bronze Tactic
Deal 1 damage to a random enemy on the melee row for every allied unit on your melee row. If the enemy's melee row is empty, deal 3 damage to the other rows instead.

Swarm
Monsters Rare Silver Tactic
Move all allied Monsters units one row toward the row with the most allied units. Boost every moved unit by 1.

Change the existing Decoy to Flanking Maneuver

Decoy

Neutral Common Silver Unit
1 power, 1 armor
Give an allied unit on the same row Immune while this is on the board

Barricades
Neutral Rare Silver Tactic
Apply a Boon to an allied row that gives 3 random units 1 armor on turn start, or apply a Hazard to an enemy row that damages enemies on contact by 2.

Scout
Northern Realms Rare Bronze Unit
4 power
Swap a Tactic in your hand with one of your choice of the same color.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
LTK;n10897681 said:
Thoughts?

Skirmish: I like this one

Cavalry Charge: If you stack your melee row and the opponent have some cards on their melee row this is 9 point bronze, of course you can play some movement, but your melee row becomes vurnelable to Lacerate

Swarm: So if you have 9 units on the siege row and 9 units on the melee row, the 8 melee row units gets moved to the ranged row and get boosted by one? That's an 9 point silver.

Decoy: I like the current decoy. But if there would be a card with this ability, it would be better if it could make immune bronze or silvers only (because of Imrelith: Sabbath).

LTK

Forum regular
styape;n10907321 said:
Skirmish: I like this one

Cavalry Charge: If you stack your melee row and the opponent have some cards on their melee row this is 9 point bronze, of course you can play some movement, but your melee row becomes vurnelable to Lacerate

Swarm: So if you have 9 units on the siege row and 9 units on the melee row, the 8 melee row units gets moved to the ranged row and get boosted by one? That's an 9 point silver.

Decoy: I like the current decoy. But if there would be a card with this ability, it would be better if it could make immune bronze or silvers only (because of Imrelith: Sabbath).

Ah yes, Imlerith: Sabbath, everyone's favorite card. It'd probably be best to limit it to bronzes, even. Wouldn't want to face an Immune Golyat.

You'll have to explain what you mean by the rest. Is 9 points good or bad for a bronze? Should a silver tactic provide a larger potential swing? Would a boost to every Monsters unit be a better option for Swarm, and not just the ones that moved?

LTK;n10907751 said:
Ah yes, Imlerith: Sabbath, everyone's favorite card. It'd probably be best to limit it to bronzes, even. Wouldn't want to face an Immune Golyat.

You'll have to explain what you mean by the rest. Is 9 points good or bad for a bronze? Should a silver tactic provide a larger potential swing? Would a boost to every Monsters unit be a better option for Swarm, and not just the ones that moved?

If you manage to keep your opponent's cards out of the melee row (with a pit trap for example) Cavalry Charge would be strong bronze, but if you can't and you have to row stack 9 units on the melee row, and your opponent hits it with a Lacerate that would mean 27 point for your opponent.
So maybe this wouldn't be a bad card, just risky.

I think the avarage bronze that doesn't need setup is around 11 points, silvers are around 14 and golds maybe about 18.

So if Swarm would boost 2 points instead of 1 it could be a gold card (or maybe i'm wrong, and it could still be a silver, because for example Ruehin and Hubert can reach higher values too). But yeah 8-9 points is bad for a silver.

LTK

Forum regular
styape;n10908171 said:
If you manage to keep your opponent's cards out of the melee row (with a pit trap for example) Cavalry Charge would be strong bronze, but if you can't and you have to row stack 9 units on the melee row, and your opponent hits it with a Lacerate that would mean 27 point for your opponent.
So maybe this wouldn't be a bad card, just risky.

I think the avarage bronze that doesn't need setup is around 11 points, silvers are around 14 and golds maybe about 18.

So if Swarm would boost 2 points instead of 1 it could be a gold card (or maybe i'm wrong, and it could still be a silver, because for example Ruehin and Hubert can reach higher values too). But yeah 8-9 points is bad for a silver.

I think it would be good to encourage more risk vs reward play. Sure, you can get Lacerated when you try for Cavalry Charge, but if you manage to clear the melee row (with Geralt: Aard for example) you can hit back just as hard with 3 damage per unit dealt to enemy units.

Here's another idea for Swarm: it only applies to non-Wild-Hunt Monsters units, and it buffs all of them instead of only the ones that moved. That could work, right?

LTK;n10908811 said:
I think it would be good to encourage more risk vs reward play.
I would like to see that too.

LTK;n10908811 said:
Here's another idea for Swarm: it only applies to non-Wild-Hunt Monsters units, and it buffs all of them instead of only the ones that moved. That could work, right?
So it would be like a reverse Stammelford's Tremor? But then what would be the point of movement in situations like this:
SSSSSSSSS
RRRRR
MMMMMMM

To make sense of the movement part of the ability maybe it could boost the ones that moved by 2 and the others by 1.

Page 24 Post #347 for anyone interested

Color-coded everything, it should be much easier for reading now, added new faction and archetypes and moved everything to its appropriate category, added abilities and tags sections and shortened improved a lot of description. Detailed changelog bellow although I probably missed some of the changes since there was a lot of moving around.

Stats after last change:

New faction:1
New core mechanics: 6
New archetypes: 15 (+2 reworks)
New abilities: 95
New tags: 30
Lore friendly cards (linked/total): 46/126

Changelog:

*New cards: Eyehead “Okoglow”, Olgierd's Shadow, Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy : Sleep, Sh'eenaz, Loop of destiny, Chappelle, Drithelm, Geoffrey Monck : Djinn, Benavent's portal

*Rework/rename: Dorregaray of Vole, Tellico Lunngrevink Letorte “Penstock” - Dudu, Ronvid of the Small Marsh

*New ability: Off board, Flee, Repeat, Evade, Transform, Carryover, Dormant, Root, Toggle, Repetition, Sleep, Ambush recycling, Permanent resilience, Strong armor, Superior armor, Sabotage, Enslave, Enrage, Berserk, Rage, Decay, Set, Loan, Trade, Invest, Bribe, Extortion, Mug, Retaliate, Provoke, Tap out, Exhausted, Vigor, Mimic, Delayed deployment, Timeline, Damage spill, Split, Effort, Brave, Teleport, Shield, Deception, Prophesy, Essence shift, Overload, Mutate, Link, Reflect, Absorb, Redirect, Transmute, Demonic possession, Standstill (hazard)

*New tags: Plant, Drone, Queen, Changeling, Trap, Field marshal, Overburdened, Slave, Deity, Intoxicated, Equipment, Potion, Bomb, Merchant/banker, Auctioneer, Bounty, Criminal, Unwanted, Doppler, Djinn, Demon

*New faction: Organizations

*New core mechanics: morale, platinum cards, quests, passive abilities, new pile, neutral leaders

Completed monster faction. Added images for all 49 cards.

New cards: Arachas queen, Egg, Kikimore queen, Caranthir ar-feinel, Wild hunt hound, Biting frost, Night, Wolf, Primal wolf, Boar, Primal boar, Bear, Primal bear, Voref, Princess, Opinicus, Royal whyvern, Larva, Endrega guard, Endrega drone, Endrega warrior, Endrega warker, Nectar, Endrega queen, Endrega queen: Exhaustion, Endrega queen: Canibalism, Colony, Gael, Oriana, Vampire, Dettlaf van der eretein, Vereena, Nightwraught, Noonwraight, Umbra, Penitent, Jenny o' the woods, Plague maiden, Hym, Sh'eenaz, Ekhidna, Melusine.

Compleated scoiatael faction. Added images for all 24 cards.

New cards: Aelirenn, Water of Brokilon, Dryad, Aglaïs, Fauve, Sirssa, Isengrim Faoiltiarna, Toruviel, Conibear trap, Crumbling floor, Deadfall trap, Pit trap, Rolling bolder, Snare trap, Riordian, Yaevinn, Iorweth, Vienne, Addarion Bach, Munro Bruys

Completed northern realms faction. Added images for all 19 cards.

New cards: Vissegerd, Milan Raupenneck, Vernon Roche, Vilfrid Wenck, Shevlov, Aileach Mor-Dhu, spintop, Zyvik, Vizima werewolf, Vincent_Meis , Cormorant, Freixenet, Shield wall, Marck, Ballista, Digod, Half-Gallon, Rayla of Lyria, Reinforcement camp.

Due to the new forum changes I cant edit my original post. I will not post everything again until I finish completely. In the meantime anyone interested can check out new stuff here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hd0yJ1b75QnhBAJ_qYBEMmb4UeGM20I7auGCp-wIAmo/edit?usp=sharing

*Completed nilfgaard faction. Added images for all 19 cards.
*New cards: Leo Bonehart, Stefan Skellen, Duny, Emhyr var emreis, Vattier de rideaux, Cantarella, Tibor Eggebracht, Jan Struycken, Shilard, Combat engineer, Mangonel, Henry van attre, Ardal aep Dahy, Servadio, Havart var Moehoen, Vreemde, Cahir, Slave driver, Markus Braibant.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hd0yJ1b75QnhBAJ_qYBEMmb4UeGM20I7auGCp-wIAmo/edit?usp=sharing

*Completed skellige faction. Added images for all 32 cards.
*New cards: Ulle the Unlucky, Ghost of Ulle the Unlucky, Morkvarg: Werewolf, Einar, Morkvarg, Holger Blackhand, Halbjorn, Laars the Fox, Ringhorn, Otkell, Geas Muire, Curse of the Sea, Jutta an Dimun, Madman Lugos, Udalryk, Vigi the Loon, Vabjorn, Ambrosio, Artis, Sacrificial ground, Svalblod, Freya, Coram Agh Ter, Kreve, Raging bear, Raging berserker, Corruption, The Ghost in the Tree, Gremist, Corpse, Mousesack, Ulve, Svana.

*Completed neutral faction. Added images for all 109 cards.
*New cards: Meditation, Vesemir, Witcher Steel sword, Witcher Silver sword, Witcher Armor, Witcher Gauntlets, Witcher Boots, Witcher Crossbow, Witcher Trousers, Ivar Evil-Eye, Talgar winter, Conflagration, Viper steel sword, Kolgrim, Fury, Biter, Adon of Carreras, Devil's Puffball, King and Queen, Samum, Grapeshot, Dancing star, Zerrikanian sun, Stenchbulb, Red haze, Dimeritium bomb, Northern Wind, Wolven silver sword, Merten, Manticore armor, George of Kagen dragonslayer,Aard, Quen, Axii, Griffin gauntlets, Jerome Moreau, Yrden, Igni, Lexandre, Feline boots, Kiyan, Junod of Belhaven, Ursine crossbow, Gerd, Law of Surprise, Young Witcher, Ordinary child, Esterad Thyssen, Julian, Count Beledal, Vimme Vivaldi, Abner de Navarette, Olgierd's Shadow, Aguara: true form, Aguara, Tellico Lunngrevink Letorte “Penstock” - Dudu, Chappelle, Borch Three Jackdaws, Tea and Vea, Sheepbagger/Kozojed, Poisoned sheep, Myrgtabrakke, Villentretenmerth, Bleobheris, Stem, Herbert Stammelford, Da’o, Drithelm, Istredd, Agnes of Glanville, Whirlwind, Aurora Henson, Flood, Geoffrey Monck: Portal, Portal, Stregobor, Eltibald, Lilit, Renfri, Silvena, Fialka, Bernika of Talgar, Dorregaray of Vole, Nina Fioravanti, Carla Demetia Crest, Tissaia de Vries “Lark”, Tissaia de Vries “Lark”, Sorel Albert Amador Degerlund, Azar Javed, Greater brother, Carlo Varese Cleaver, Cyprian Wiley Whoreson Junior, Francis Bedlam The King of Beggars, Pyral Pratt, Vigilosaur, Fisstech dealer, King Ziggy, Fat Fred, The Rock, Zdenek, the Champion, Percy of Woodham, Athak Akydalv, Ronvid of the Small Marsh, thug, Marquise Serenity, Bertha, Whistling Wendy, Derae, Black Bogdan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom