Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions for New Cards

I love how card games in general have nice card effects and gwent is doing the same, with buffs, debuffs, revivals, swarms etc.

However, what would you think would be cool to add in a card that would be groundbreaking? Again, no need to check all the known cards before replying, just throw your ideas for sick card effects.

Some examples from the top of my head:

-A transformation card that when you play it, it chooses from a pool of cards and transforms into it. You don't know what it will be unless you play it.
-A card that divides your overall army count by two and gives it to the next round. The next round will only allow non-Hero cards to be played though.
-A leader that adds an extra round if any of the rounds is a tie.
-A card that doesn't allow the opponent to spawn a troop in a specific area.
-A card that doubles the score of the player (can be played only if he has more than 30 overall) and lets you play 2 more turns.
-A card that randomly makes another a sticky (stays in all rounds)
-A fight card that makes both factions fight and deducts troop strength from both sides.
-A card that is insanely large in troop strength but forbids you to play any hero card for all rounds (even if dead).
-Card that amplifies its effect if the same card is already played (synergizes well with decoy)

These are just some random (probably lame) ideas, what are your own?
EDIT
With the announcement of Homecoming in the works (announcement link) what new content/mechanics would you think will be fun or creative?

Some concepts to get you started:

-Think of the interaction between the two opponents. There are two players that are facing each other in real-time, but in restricted timing between rounds.
-Think of the dynamics between two generals, fighting in the battlefield.
-Bluffing in games like poker relies on how you play and human reactions. Can this be applied here?
-Think of the metaphor to a real battle. Can it relate to real-time events in a real war?
-Be hard on an idea, but settle once there is no better solution.

Last but not least, be crazy! Cool ideas come when you are thinking unconventionally, which is why real-life is very inspiring for these things.

Last edited:
The Regis card is pretty tame in the base game - in fact, the illustration doesn't even resemble the in-game character model. Perhaps in addition to correcting that discrepancy they could give him a special ability, e.g. under specific circumstances, Regis goes into a blood frenzy, doubling the card strength similar to the way berzerkers work in the Skellige deck.

Got no crazy ideas but I like the transforming cards we need more of them. Either by removal like deathwish cards or by triggering some kind of combo

Last edited:

jarci

Forum regular
,,A transformation card that when you play it, it chooses from a pool of cards and transforms into it. You don't know what it will be unless you play it.,,
Just no if you want alot of rng in card game go play hearthstone i rly dont like random effects like this

,,A transformation card that when you play it, it chooses from a pool of cards and transforms into it. You don't know what it will be unless you play it.,,
Just no if you want alot of rng in card game go play hearthstone i rly dont like random effects like this

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't RNG a thing in all card games? Shouldn't that be a choice for the player (to create an RNG or non-RNG deck)? There is some degree of RNG to a lot of things. Also, I did mention that these were some rough ideas, and I do play Hearthstone btw ;)

Alright, instead for the summon card, how about a condition that switches from troop power to a spirit power and spirit is a hidden stat found in all cards, but only revealed when this card is played? I think this is not too RNG for you?

For a competaive care game I dont like the idea of one gsmr this is a 1 power the next its a 20 hero with scorch enemy only effect and moral boost :p

I think some more effects and hero card reworks as well as multiple faction abilites? More card draw is needed I think. Its fine for northern realms and Nillfgaard to have the most but some more card draw for monsters and scoi would help.

The only thing I want is, that once this Gwent here is finished and done, that it gets integrated into the real game, and that then the real game ise used as multi platform online which requires for nobody (this includes especially Sony and PS4 to have PS+ or so to play online with others so thats it fair for everybody, because PC owners can also play online without any extra monthly costs ect))

Because this Gwent version is visually as also technically alot more improved and bette,r than the real games original version and it shouldd be a big problem to integrate this improved gwent into the the real game - yes its effort, yes it will cost time to do that, but I think it would be the best solution for everybody.

I was it who kept suggesting in the english forums, that the game should get a Skellige Card set..so more am I happy that they added now one with Blood and Wine.

Basically the game could get improved with more Sets to make Gwent even more interesting and diversive by adding a Toussaint Gwent Set, which woudl be the next most logical step to do now after the release of B&W and I'm surprised that they didn't directtly do that together with adding the Skellige Set with B&W together if I'm honest.

What the game needs so far the most is rebalance, especialyl the monster set is when unleashed too powerful, but on the other side also way too easily to bee, because you need only that freeze effetc card that reduces all front row cards to 1 to beat the monster set very easily, but if you dotn jhave that with you and you have to fight agaisnt monsters, it can become quite impossible to beat them, because they can quickly burst up to high numbers with their tons of troop effects from the vampires, crones, and arachnos ect. More varity there would be good.

But there could be also alot of other sets, like a Kovir Set, like a Wyzima Set, like an Ophiri Set. Gwent has alot of potential to grow big

A Vlodimir von Everec Card that steals a card from the opponent, or that makes you see cards from his hand.

Probably overpowered right now, but you asked about crazy cards.

Last edited:
i like to suggest a toussaint faction!
it's leader will be daubtlessly annarieta
her leader abilety is to activate land of thousand fables, which deck strategy will be based upon.
land of thousand fables acts as a weather card and beside having the added benefit of acting as "clear weather" card, allows you to use powerful cards such as big bad wolf, three bears, and the mighty cloud gint (hero)
fodder for the land of thousanf fabls (or loff) will included pixsis.
deck strategyemphesize on activating the lotf card an having a back up one since it cant co exist with other weather cards which will destroy it(and all fairy tales cards with it).
another drawbeck is that you cant use fairytales cards without said lotf.

here enter normal cards which can be played without lotf. toussaint bard, beauclair gurdsmen, executienor, crossbowmen. and of course knight erants!
heros will be damein de la tour. sylvia anna milton the peyrac peyran, maybe the magican who created lotf. damein abillety wil empower beuclair gurdsman, sylvia anna will allow to draw a lotf card from deck. magican will duble lotf creature strength and there.
there will also be the little flint girl which will have zero strength but allows 1 or 2 cards to be drawnwhen used.

i'm still reading the books so i cannot decide if fringilla vigo fits the deck but she probably do.
also needs to includes cards which allows more drawing since deck strength based on lotf.

apolligize in advance for my impecable english writing abilitys!!!

I LOVED that character!! Also, I love the idea of stealing cards, or "taking possession" on one of the enemies. Really ties into the character and a amazing storyline as well.

A Vlodimir von Everec Card that steals a card from the opponent, or that makes you see cards from his hand.

Probably overpowered right now, but you asked about crazy cards.

---------- Updated at 10:05 PM ----------

This is a great topic! I think the danger with random summoning is that it tends to veer too much towards Hearthstone. I love that game, but this game is different and should stay on its own merits. The making both factions fight is very intriguing, like a brawl. Would fit in well with Skellige.

How about-
- A card that drains the life force from enemy cards
- Cards that cast spells or transform or Hex other cards
- Cards that come in and immediately duel a chosen card, gaining a buff based on the strength of the vanquished card
-A card that acts as a summoner

Some of these will probably be in the game already, or just too ridiculous. Just adding my two cents.

Random ideas part 2:

-An absorb troop that gets all damage inflicted in your side of the battlefield. It has 10 and if there is a troop with 12 and scorch is used, the 12 remains and the 10 dies (due to the absorb)

-A hero that brings back all troops with a specific ability or type from the graveyard, for example a necromancer card that revives all empty description cards from the graveyard.

-A spy hero card that reduces all cards strength (including heroes)

-A special card that spawns a 12 strength troop on the enemy battlefield and then lets you draw 2 cards.

-A copycat card that takes an ability from another selected troop upon spawning.

-A catastrophe card that when played, all non-hero cards on battlefield get -2 strength.

-A masochist card, where any reduction in its strength causes an increase instead (and vice versa).

-A LawMaker card, where any player that doesnt play a troop-based card on his turn (for example uses a leader ability or a special card), gets an additive decrease in total strength.

-A card that has 5 strength and gets another 10 if the opponent uses his leader ability.

-A card that feeds from the total reduction in strength of all troops in the battlefield (but can be reduced too by those effects) .

Lastly, a hero card that activates when a player reaches 50 in total strength. If that happens, the other player wins the round (can happen both ways though).

This condition can work as part of special mode too (imagine special mode where a spin gives 3 random modifiers before starting the game).

EDIT: I dont know why people are afraid of rng based summoning. There is plenty of rng involved in gwent anyway, just think how the starting hand is drawn (besides every card game has rng because you draw cards from a deck), so you are basically doing the same for summoning. Say there are 4 creatures that can be summoned from that card, that is roughly the same chances as your starting hand (from what I ve seen in the video he draws 10 cards from a pool of 35~45 cards (?) so one in 3.5-4.5 to get the card you want, then you can redraw selected cards but that is rng based too.

Last edited:
Random ideas part 2:

-An absorb troop that gets all damage inflicted in your side of the battlefield. It has 10 and if there is a troop with 12 and scorch is used, the 12 remains and the 10 dies (due to the absorb)

-A hero that brings back all troops with a specific ability or type from the graveyard, for example a necromancer card that revives all empty description cards from the graveyard.

-A spy hero card that reduces all cards strength (including heroes)

-A special card that spawns a 12 strength troop on the enemy battlefield and then lets you draw 2 cards.

-A copycat card that takes an ability from another selected troop upon spawning.

-A catastrophe card that when played, all non-hero cards on battlefield get -2 strength.

-A masochist card, where any reduction in its strength causes an increase instead (and vice versa).

-A LawMaker card, where any player that doesnt play a troop-based card on his turn (for example uses a leader ability or a special card), gets an additive decrease in total strength.

-A card that has 5 strength and gets another 10 if the opponent uses his leader ability.

-A card that feeds from the total reduction in strength of all troops in the battlefield (but can be reduced too by those effects) .

Lastly, a hero card that activates when a player reaches 50 in total strength. If that happens, the other player wins the round (can happen both ways though).

This condition can work as part of special mode too (imagine special mode where a spin gives 3 random modifiers before starting the game).

Someone already suggested a Doppler card or as you stated a copycat .. that's a very interesting one and not so crazy

First this:

I think the danger with random summoning is that it tends to veer too much towards Hearthstone.

Then:

How about-
- A card that drains the life force from enemy cards
- Cards that cast spells or transform or Hex other cards
- Cards that come in and immediately duel a chosen card, gaining a buff based on the strength of the vanquished card
-A card that acts as a summoner

You need to decide, if you want the second HS or not. I know it is a topic with crazy ideas, but crazy does not mean HS ideas. (Especially: "A card that drains the life force from enemy cards". There is no life points in Gwent's cards and I hope it will stay that way.)

You misinterpreted my meaning. I mean a creature/character that heals itself off of a enemy card. All my cards refer to cards on the field abilities, I understand your confusion. Like a witch ( on the board) you can activate abilities of the card at random kind of thing. I never said my ideas were good..lol I am not a designer, I was just following in the spirit of the discussion.
I don't want another Hearthstone, I was referring to the randomness of summoning random creatures or spells that drastically alter the game play. I am not insulting Hearthstone, but if I wanted a RNG heavy game, I would play Heathstone. I prefer a more strategic, bluffing kind of style. One isn't superior over the over, it is a matter of taste.

Just going to dump all my ideas for Geralt signs cards. Again, some of them are probably OP, but they're fun! I guess.

Aard: put a card / multiple cards (strongest or weakest) back in the opponent deck. Like this it doesn't give easy access with medics.

Yrden: Pretty simple idea, simply debuffs a whole row with like -3

Axii: Put the strongest cards to 0 strenght, or steals one card. When I say "or" I don't mean a choice card but with one of those abilities.

Quen: Didn't know what to do with that one at first, but something that makes a card resilient for one round, or maybe that protects an entire row from scorch/plague but not weather effects?

I really like the copycat card idea, and the silence effect. I am all for cards that achieve a battlefield manipulation. I love Blue Boy Lagos for example. Introduce a little Chaos..

Silence effect completely do not have any reason to be in Gwent.....because these card not moving, they not have turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom