Suggestions for TW3 marketing strategy

+
CGI trailer by Platige Image is a must...it's a tradition...and it's coming sooner or later. Gamescom is definitely a good event for that.

+ hands-on demos @ Gamescom
+ dev diaries, showcasing core mechanics of the game later on
+ another trailer around Christmas
+ release trailer

CGI trailer by Platige Image is a must...it's a tradition...and it's coming sooner or later. Gamescom is definitely a good event for that.

That is a great honour. Gamescom may not as big as E3 and "only" has 340000 visitors (2013) but at least CDPR can get there in like less than 2 hours by plane. Beats flying to the US. To bad I won't have time to go there personally.

Seriously they should talk about imports on their without being asked by the media, because the media people are a bunch of morons.

Seriously they should talk about imports on their without being asked by the media, because the media people are a bunch of morons.

Let's hope I can get a proper interview at Gamescom with community featured questions. And that devs are more open to answering them this time around.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Let's hope I can get a proper interview at Gamescom with community featured questions. And that devs are more open to answering them this time around.

Have you contacted them yet? Any answer so far?
If they give you the green light, will you video it?

Last edited:
I hate video interviews. If you really manage to interview them please write it down. Thanks.

A CGI trailer is a pure waste of money imo. They should let them make a great intro cutscene again or even a short (CGI) movie showing how Geralt did in the weeks before the game starts.

But a marketing CGI trailer months before release (even the 2nd one)? Puh, please not. Waste of money and talent.

Last edited:
I want to see how we'll manage the camera, skill tree, saving named games files, a visual clue about crafting potion, color hints of trace sense with less hue... and Raven Black Hair for amnesic sorcerress....

And Regis....

And some cats....

And a chance to buy merchandising in shops like Gamestop's store chain.....

No, I lie

The only strategy that can convince me is that CDPR laundh a time machine to go towards 24th February 2015

I hate video interviews. If you really manage to interview them please write it down. Thanks.

A CGI trailer is a pure waste of money imo. They should let them make a great intro cutscene again or even a short (CGI) movie showing how Geralt did in the weeks before the game starts.

But a marketing CGI trailer months before release (even the 2nd one)? Puh, please not. Waste of money and talent.

The reason why I think cgi only is best way because we already know about that cgi. It is reality and it will happen most likely on Gamescom. Question is if they show some more. Personally I would not show anything else and wait when game will be ready and then showcase it with some kickass gameplay 1 or 2 months before release.

@broccolisoup
Yes because gameplay is subject to change and trailers show the story that is already written. I'm sure they still have a lot to tweak so showing new gameplay just 2 months later is probably too early. They can still give us that at PAX or late October.

I like the trailers so far because they give you envy and do not spoil the gameplay too much. They are really well executed and Killing Monsters really gets you insight into the serious dimension of the series, and the choices they try to give you (which are more or less limited as technology evolves... can't wait to see the open world, and I hope it will keep the story as epic and mind-focusing as before).

I expect them to air at least another cinematic trailer (Gamescom seems like the right platform to do so), and show some more "transparent" gameplay, showing of some glimpses of the ui/monster slaying/combat mechanics/etc...
After Gamescom the'll let it sink for a short while.

then slowly start feeding dev diarrhea - ah, diaries, building up hype slowly.
Some more gameplay, discussing their "key" features, etc...

another fat trailer around new year /christmas

and then get some cash flowing

CDPR kind of owes us the cinematic that was teased at the end of the 'Sword of Destiny' trailer anyway, so I definitely expect that one to be premiered in full at Gamescom.

CDPR kind of owes us the cinematic that was teased at the end of the 'Sword of Destiny' trailer anyway, so I definitely expect that one to be premiered in full at Gamescom.
They should turn it into a nice intro short movie instead. Better utilization of the talent and money... :p

And they don't owe us anything.

Top Bottom