Suggestions: How to enable currently (close to impossible) contracts

+
I saw several people complaining about certain contracts being so unlikely to ever by completed that they rather demotivate than motivate. And while I agree, I would like to suggest ways to fix these without having to delete the contracts. Given I have less than 10 post so far I unfortunately can't post in the suggestions section yet, it would be great if a mod could move the topic there.

My suggestions how to enable currently impossible contracts:

Trigger bonded 1,000 times:
It's currently incredibly demotivating to work towards that. I tried, but gave up seeing that the progress is way too slow. Having to play only NR and monsters basically, and running the bonded units in all decks of them (even if they don't fit into the deck strategy). And even then you raise the bonded count only by one per game - if at all. But can be fixed with a seasonal mode which based on the "bonded" theme would fit perfectly into the Season of Love:
- All units in Seasonal mode have the additional ability: "Bonded: Repeat the deploy ability"
Problem solved. :cool:

Trigger poison 1,000 times:
It's sad that Season of the Viper has been used differently, this would be the perfect season to fix this. In a very similar way, actually. Needs to be in a different season then. Maybe season of the dryads, as they seem to like poison? Giving all units a poison ability would be incredibly un-fun though, as the person with most/highest immune units would win - period. But that can be fixed if we also enable counter measures at the same time. So the seasonal mode would be:
- Whenever a unit damages another unit, give the target unit poison.
- Whenever a unit boosts another unit, purify the target unit.
Could end up in interesting mind games about the right combination of damage and boost in a deck...
Also enables the purify contract at the same time. :smart:

Mill 100,000 cards:
Forget that one, there is no way to fix this unless you want to buy an insane amount of kegs and then spend insane amounts of time to open all. :cry:
Let's instead look at the lower limits like "Mill 1,000 cards". Milling is incredibly time consuming unless you mill all cards at once, which I personally don't want. For example I might want to keep 2 copies of a non-premium gold card, to at later point transmute one of the two. And milling cards one by one takes an eternity. We would need in the detail view of each card a "Mill all excess copies of this card" to speed this up.
EDIT: And when I today used the mill all cards function it didnt even raise my contract count. At all. So not a solution.

Fill a row with artifacts in an arena match:
That one's tough. Currently impossible, the odds of having an artifact as choice in the majority of card choices is pretty much zero. So would in theory need an arena special mode in which you draft only artifacts. But then again, most games would then end up 0:0 with no unit on the board, as most artifacts can't generate units unless there are already other units on the board. Unless leaders are limited to choices which can in this context bring units to the board. I guess only four of them can do that:
- Arnjolf (Sounds OP in this mode at first, but Arnjolf can only give you a unit in one round. And you need to win two...)
- Arachas Queen
- Gernichora
- Eldain (Might be a good choice if you have enough traps among the artifacts)

Make an arena deck with at least 10 copies of the same card:
The odds of card choices enabling that are very much zero, unless you have an extremely limited card pool. Maybe a special arena mode in which you only draft cards with provisions of 11 and higher would make it possible. (But still not easy.) If I remember correctly a mode like this has even been considered in the early homecoming phase, but so far hasn't happened yet.

Make an arena deck with only bronze cards:
Needs a special arena mode in which you draft only bronze cards. Otherwise its very, very unlikely to ever happen. And your choices don't even matter, as soon as even one choice has a gold card, all 4 choices will be gold cards. You can't actively avoid them.

Make an arena deck with only special cards:
Needs a special arena mode where you draft only special cards. The chances to have a special card in each and every choice is pretty much zero. While specials (unlike artifacts) have ways to spawn/create units on an empty board, it will be hard to keep any of them on the board as there will be tons of removal. I would guess that usually the one with last say will as last card spawn a unit on an otherwise empty board, and thereby win. Gernichora might be the strongest leader for this, as removal can be undone each round.

Attachments

• mill cards failure.JPG
    mill cards failure.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Top Bottom