Suggestions/impression upon Cyberpunks crafting system/perks.

+
Cyberpunk crafting, inventory, and item quality appears to be rudimentary.

On equitable items/items on general:

-Most of the time the quality of the item adds no significant advantage.

-The inventory interface is lagging and needs an option to ‘sell all’ or ‘dissemble all’ consumables.

-Almost all equitable items are incredibility goofy looking.

-There is no sort option in the stash.

-I constantly send equipped items into the stash as there is no easy way to identify which items are equipped or not.

-There is no ‘transfer all’ option, one has to painstakingly transfer all items one by one.

-Armor makes no sense, why are short-shorts more protective than pants? Unsure if this is intentionally comical, however, we have found out that the prevalence of dildos was a bug (I assumed it was for comedic purposes.)

-The only ‘clothing sets’ that appear to be found are Hazmat suits.

On crafting in general:

-The crafting system is configured in such a way as to limit the possibility of upgrading several pieces of gear. Upgrade components are so rare and there is not even Perk which allows one to craft them-yet there is a Perk that allows one to upgrade general crafting components into higher quality ones. Unless there are crafting specs that I am missing that allows me to do this. The default items capable of being upgraded under the ‘Tune-Up’ perk are normal item components, why are ‘Upgrade Components’ not default as well?

-There is no system in place which informs the player where to get certain crafting specs.

- You cannot craft your own cyberware, and you can only craft certain cyberware mods.

-Default craft-able clothing has no discernible style, they do not match with each other.

-Upgrading components is incredibly slow, one has to do them one by one. I have over 5600 common item components, to upgrade all of these I would need to do them one by one. There needs to be an option to craft a certain amount of item components.

-There seems to be no incentive why a player should craft anything, I am playing on “Very Hard” difficulty and rarely find that crafted items provide any significant advantage over non-crafted items.

-One has to loot everything insight in order to obtain a sufficient amount of crafting components.

Every 20 minutes or so I must constantly disassemble items as I have reached the weight limit. It really makes no sense that I must loot everything to craft an item that will possibly be worse than the items I have looted.

-There is no option to turn off the ‘Scrapper’ perk. Maybe I would like to sell junk to make some

extra money.

-There is no system in place which informs you which items have been upgraded for free under the ‘Efficient Upgrades’ perk.

-There is no system in place which informs you which items have been crafted for free under the ‘Ex Nihlo’ perk.

-There is no system in place which informs you if you have received a free component under the ‘Workshop’ perk.

-The ‘Sapper’ perk (grenades deal 10% more damage) seems like an arbitrary Perk for crafting, meanwhile under the Engineering Skill there is the ‘Shrapnel’ perk, ‘Bigger Bombs’ perk, and ‘Jackpot’ perk which all deal with grenades, so why is it that grenade damage is placed under the ‘Crafting’ perk list?

-The damage of crafted weapons hardly increases under the ‘Field Technician’ perk, yet under engineering, one can gain a significant damage boost under the ‘Revamp’ perk. Again, providing virtually no incentive to craft items.

-Crafting appear to be aimed at making money, as expressed by the ‘Crazy Science’ perk, it really makes no sense to have other crafting perks give a slight increase in crafted items damage if the end-stage perk for crafting is geared towards money-making.

-The ‘Innovation’ perk (consumables are 50% more effective) should belong under engineering. The only consumable items which can be crafted are a single healing item and variations thereof, I play on ‘Very Hard’ difficultly and have found, literally, hundreds of the same healing items so there is no need to craft any, thus why would the crafting perk tree have anything to do with consumables? Why can't we craft drinks? And nourishment items?

-There is no option to upgrade weapon mods.

Last edited:
I invested a lot in crafting on my first playthrough. It requires way too many points for little benefits. Definitely not worth it compared to other skill trees.

-Crafting appear to be aimed at making money, as expressed by the ‘Crazy Science’ perk, it really makes no sense to have other crafting perks give a slight increase in crafted items damage if the end-stage perk for crafting is geared towards money-making.

Also, HUGE DOWNSIDE : crafting makes you loose money. The auto disassembly of junk makes you loose money when you pickup items worth a lot (some items are worth $750 or more). And everything that you disassemble instead of selling makes you loose so much money for not much in return (there are many items in the 500-1k range, and many above 1k worth).

I played on max difficulty and I could beat the game with items I found only. So I didn't even need to craft (+ crafting and upgrading is costly).

I now have started a second playthrough and I got really rich real fast because I didn't do any crafting, just selling stuff.

I invested a lot in crafting on my first playthrough. It requires way too many points for little benefits. Definitely not worth it compared to other skill trees.

Also, HUGE DOWNSIDE : crafting makes you loose money. The auto disassembly of junk makes you loose money when you pickup items worth a lot (some items are worth $750 or more). And everything that you disassemble instead of selling makes you loose so much money for not much in return (there are many items in the 500-1k range, and many above 1k worth).

I played on max difficulty and I could beat the game with items I found only. So I didn't even need to craft (+ crafting and upgrading is costly).

I now have started a second playthrough and I got really rich real fast because I didn't do any crafting, just selling stuff.

There really needs to be an option to turn off the 'Scrapper' perk.

There really needs to be an option to turn off the 'Scrapper' perk.

Is there any other perk in the game that is solely based on relieving the user of non-combat/hacking mouseclicks?

The very perk itself seems to be phoned in.

Top Bottom