[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple google search will give you plenty of results.
For example:

Edit: And no, nudity in the inventory menu doesn't count in any way or form full nudity in this context. Neither female nudity.
To sum that article up, it basically says nudity is important for the world of Cyberpunk and it will be there. Nothing specific is promised outside the presentation, which isn't much different from what we got in the final game. So asking something that nobody promised is unfair towards the devs. Does CP77 have nudity? Yes it does. Show me one line that says that you will frequently see people exposing their genitalia or you will be able to do so at any point in the game?

Important note:

Last days brought a lot of heated discussion around nudity in the game. This resulted in new threads being created around the same issue, which disrupts the forums and is being reported by users who wish to explore other topics.

In order to keep the forums clean and legible for all users, 2 announcements regarding the situation:

1. This thread will now become the "destination" thread for discussions around nudity. Every new thread created in other parts of the forums or a post that disrupts threads unrelated to nudity will be merged into this one.

2. This thread is now renamed to reflect the change.

Thank you.
Hooray. Now all of the complaints about censorship in a game that promised no censorship can be swept into one spot and ignored (which is one of the general methods of censorship, make complaining or displaying it onerous)

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I see this thread has grown quite a lot, so I'm here to dispel any doubts - lack of nudity (outside of the inventory) is not a bug, this works as intended. If you undress V, they will always have underwear in FPP and photo mode and any other cases outside of the inventory menu.

No need to submit it as a bug to our support :)

Best,
Alicja
Moderator: It has been confirmed that this is not a bug, but an intentional design choice. We recognise that this may be very frustrating and disappointing for many players; however, disrespectful and aggressive replies are inappropriate. The topic has been addressed, and dispelled as a technical issue. Thread closed.
Alright, so since this isn't a bug, everyone that submitted a ticket for this, please RESUBMIT a new ticket for a feature request to get this changed.

The problem is much deeper. I spent ~53 hours in the game and with each new hour it becomes more noticeable. we've been told that night city is a city of vice, a city where the body is just a piece of meat and that's why nudity is so important.
I live in Russia and we had a news story about nudity in the game with a link to this page.
But what do we see now? 2 prostitutes for the ENTIRE huge city, almost all places with nudity that were implied-covered. At what so in a hurry and low-quality that it is visible to the naked eye. It's like they did their thing, and then they thought, "Wow, that's too bold," and they covered it up. Moreover, the strip club is closed, the Cloud Club can be visited only on the quest, any drink or food - only on the quest, the lauded Braindance only on the quest. I do not argue, the story is great, although even in it, because of all this cut and covered content, many places seem wrong, ridiculous. I fell in love with this city at first sight, but the more I look, the more disappointed I get, because it's dead. I stopped my passage. I don't want to feel negative about this game. I don't believe they will change their attitude. But I will wait for the game to fill with life beyond the plot. Even if the main work for this will be done by mods.
*I'm sorry if it's written with errors - I used a translator. There is a joke: "My English is bad, из бед и огорчений" :)
They didn't censor themselves, buddy, that I can asure you. Artists don't like to redo their work, less even if the order comes from content regulators and censorship.

To sum that article up, it basically says nudity is important for the world of Cyberpunk and it will be there. Nothing specific is promised outside the presentation, which isn't much different from what we got in the final game. So asking something that nobody promised is unfair towards the devs. Does CP77 have nudity? Yes it does. Show me one line that says that you will frequently see people exposing their genitalia or you will be able to do so at any point in the game?
Does the game has -FULL NUDITY-? No it doesn't. Did they promise it? Yes they did.

I have seen it too, but not sure either, didn't spend much time looking at it. At the start of the game for me everything was so damn cool... Like, "dude, I gave myself a big dong like in real life, look at all these people wearing however they feel like it, no puritanism on sight, oh look at this fucking drawing (Valentino's logo)". That was me the 1st couple of hours, apart from the horrible performance, that is.

You are right! That's where I saw it.

there is also tiny version of it on one of the VINYL you find in junk

They didn't censor themselves, buddy, that I can asure you. Artists don't like to redo their work, less even if the order comes from content regulators and censorship.
But that was before the patch. I even saw posts and images from other people with open nudity from 1-person, in already closed topics of this forum. and then it turned out that it was all wrong, and everywhere covered nudity is a design decision. And I honestly don't understand what happened on the day of the game's release that they decided to completely change their attitude to nudity.

"Badowski said that in the final game, his team intends to have full nudity, not for shock value but because it supports one of the most important themes in the cyberpunk genre: transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology. "

Don't you dare tell me that at this day and age bare female breats in scripted scenarios count as full nudity. That it is something worths a full article and actually be promoted as a stand out feature in the game. Witcher 2 and 3 had more bare female breats in free roam than Cyberpunk at this point.

Way to piss of consumers even more, they are betting a thoussand here. LIterally everything in this game breaths sex, and they are censoring it, after haveing the game like this during development?

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so since this isn't a bug, everyone that submitted a ticket for this, please RESUBMIT a new ticket for a feature request to get this changed.

Just tried: you cannot do that, as it link to the forum...:rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Ok, I'm curious. Exactly what NPCs reacted to "it" and how did they react?

On preview builds, some NPCs would freak out, others would make advances to you.

What about the myriad of dildos visible everywhere in the game? Are they going to be covered with a napkin? ;)

On 1.02 when I was "naked" outside NPCs would say things, asking me if I want to have sex with them.

1. How did you play 1.02? The game was already patched to 1.03 when it was released, far as I know.

2. You have a video of that or sth? I mean censoring nudity is one thing. But why would they cut that kind of stuff from the game? NPCs have said worse things in the main story. They could just have the same reaction when you run around with undies on...

Yes, give full nudity as it was promised. players character being the only nude character ingame besides some rare sighting of tities isnt full nudity. I recall CDPR making false claims about "no filtering in CP2077". If we want to accidentally walk into Dicky Twister's and see flapping logs that makes us run out screaming, that is for us to decide, not Twitch, not streamers, not ignorant parents but for us to decide. Adding a filter is fine but forcing it on us is wrong. If a game naturally has no nudity, that is 100% fine but CP2077 was hyped by the devs to have it all over.

I just find it funny to walk into Dicky Twisters and see dudes dancing on poles with long pants and coats on lol.... This is on pc with no filter options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom