[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really hoping CDPR decides that breaking barriers is cooler than towing lines. It will certainly be more profitable. Gamers want freedom and this advertised as a mature game, lets make it so beyond violence which is something common in the most immature games regardless of intended age or audience. We're all naked under our clothes.

It's obviously not censorship in the usual sense, as no organisation or government FORCED CDPR to remove the advertised and promised nudity from their mature game. They did that themselves, so if it was censorship it was self-censorship.

For me the whole thing is just completely weird. The game was supposed to be mature in all accounts. Story, fighting, romance, the world around you. So many times the higher ups at CDPR talked about how they were making a "real mature" game.
That's why I cannot fathom what would lead them to remove it in the published game with a patch.
Just put it back in, peeps, you are not exactly making yourself look good with actions like this.

Last edited:
We have decided to re-open the thread now.

One caveat - if you use this thread as a place for political discussions, any sort of insults or personal attacks again - it will get closed for good.

We trust that our community can have a civilised discussion about the matter without breaking forum rules.

Let's move on.
Thanks for reopening the thread, I will copy your warning in the OP to help avoid more off-topic.

IMG_20201217_090823.jpg

Let us take down those ugly boxers, it's so much fun taking funnz 18+ pics 😎😂

The idea of it is to allow players to hide it if the wish to, yet, as the game stands right now, it doesn't really do much because your character is already censored by forced underwear, and not many NPC's show anything on free roam, not even a nipple.

Yep and these type of issues are what outside of the bugs and glitches truly plague the game. As it is right now its very much a present one thing as if it were the case but its quite obvious it isn't the case at all. That case which was presented, marketed and advertised was a huge factor regarding the money I spent to play this game which is not the game I was sold.

Everybody is voicing their concern regarding nudity and possibly even a censorship move on CDPR's side, but things aren't really clear yet as they stand right now.

Let's keep in mind the fact that the game wasn't even finished at launch, that much is pretty clear and can be observed in the game, the lack of AI and several RPG elements (most of which I can expect to come after patching), and don't get me started on bugs.

With that out of the way, we still have no official answer from CDPR, we can debate here all they long about nudity and censorship, but we can only do so much without actual communication, the only official answer we received so far is the fact that Nudity is only present in the game's inventory menu and creation screen, everything else works as intended.

So that can mean one of several things, either the game devs meant that "Full Nudity" is just what we have in game at the moment, or it could have meant much more than that, either way we do not have enough information on the matter, and the only thing we can do, is to ask for clarification from the devs.

Is it really censorship? were everybody's expectations over the top? or was it just a marketing stunt?

We can trash CDPR all we want, but that will get us nowhere without actual explanations.

Everybody is voicing their concern regarding nudity and possibly even a censorship move on CDPR's side, but things aren't really clear yet as they stand right now.

Let's keep in mind the fact that the game wasn't even finished at launch, that much is pretty clear and can be observed in the game, the lack of AI and several RPG elements (most of which I can expect to come after patching), and don't get me started on bugs.

With that out of the way, we still have no official answer from CDPR, we can debate here all they long about nudity and censorship, but we can only do so much without actual communication, the only official answer we received so far is the fact that Nudity is only present in the game's inventory menu and creation screen, everything else works as intended.

So that can mean one of several things, either the game devs meant that "Full Nudity" is just what we have in game at the moment, or it could have meant much more than that, either way we do not have enough information on the matter, and the only thing we can do, is to ask for clarification from the devs.

Is it really censorship? were everybody's expectations over the top? or was it just a marketing stunt?

We can trash CDPR all we want, but that will get us nowhere without actual explanations.
Well, that just bad move. I will no longer support cdprojekt next game if they don't return the nudity.
It should be there if the mod make it available again.

They just become like other publisher right now. No more good guy Cdprojekt.
Means that torrent is the answer for this and future game. No more supporting the dev if they don't keep their promises.

So, just explain the problem why you cut it or just return it back.

The fact is that is funny I just noticed that they closed my main threat (37 pages and Alicja closed it through its moderators) but one thing is that you can actually bug it out and be naked, just switching clothes many times until bugging it, so are they gonna fully patch it censored or fully patch it naked? Because I dont get it, I feel like this was made by a bug or by a censorship that was done on the last moments of the game that they couldnt even fix it well.

Last edited:
I was super disappointed when I found out about this. I figured it had to be a bug because it literally makes no sense to have nudity in the inventory screen but not in game.

I want to know what strain of logic is being followed here that says "You can see nudity from this angle, but from this other angle you are not allowed, because reasons."

It's really baffling they would take this stance and really disappointing. I've lost a LOT of respect for this company over this. To paraphrase a certain movie: "You were the chosen one. You were supposed to defeat the ESRB, not JOIN them."

Probably not much point in crying about it. If the visible nudity in game at release was indeed a bug and CDPR submitted the "censored" version to be rated, they won't be able to change it retroactively even if they wanted to, because that would get them in legal trouble.

'Member that "Hot Coffee Mod" for GTA SA? It was just a mod, re-enabling some half finished feature and still Rockstar got sued...

Anyway, the first "remove panties" mod is already available on Nexus. Not perfect yet (no genitalia in first person) but give it a week or so...

Probably not much point in crying about it. If the visible nudity in game at release was indeed a bug and CDPR submitted the "censored" version to be rated, they won't be able to change it retroactively even if they wanted to, because that would get them in legal trouble.

'Member that "Hot Coffee Mod" for GTA SA? It was just a mod, re-enabling some half finished feature and still Rockstar got sued...

Anyway, the first "remove panties" mod is already available on Nexus. Not perfect yet (no genitalia in first person) but give it a week or so...
It wasnt a mod it was a feature ingame that you could actually hijack it and re-enable it with a dll :p

If that was the case they should have told and not promoting nudity from the start. Right now, they become the sith,

The ESRB rating system is entirely voluntary and not legally binding. CDPR can can change whatever they want (or even re-publish without going through the ESRB's rating process), as long as they don't mind a subsequent change to the game's rating.

Now, will retailers sell games without an ESRB rating? Unfortunately, in most cases the answer to that question is 'no', and parents are also unlikely to buy an unrated game. So, for now, we'll have to wait on CDPR to figure out what they're going to do.

That said, brick-and-mortar retailers are slowly but surely fading into the background as on-demand services like Steam and UPlay become more widely-used, so who knows what the future holds?

I want to know why it was enabled before the patch and then suddenly disabled without single mention in the patch notes. Can't sit there and claim it was intentional after that, they're clearly hiding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom