[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the sentiment of the thread title. I've bought CP2077 for many reason - I am loving the game but I feel a few of the promises that have been made, has been watered down. And now they are starting to censor the game through patches? It is just absurd. Clearly CDPR sold out to the wrong investors.
There are some other patches after 1.04 that have been released ? Are there other changes made after forced underwear?

There are some other patches after 1.04 that have been released ? Are there other changes made after forced underwear?
None that I've noticed, but they have been doing everything very sneaky sneaky and undocumented so it's hard to trace it all.

Generally its nothing new for the gaming industry that different countrys have different standards.
Thats why we have region specific versions of a game. For example here in germany, violence often got toned down for local audiences. Just look at what we've got with team fortress 2 "gore" back then :p

View attachment 11092544
Who decides are publishers and big societies that controls gaming platforms, they all follow US rules and so the US version also if it's censored for an M rating become the main version of the game. To release the AO version still remains possible on PC but it'll cost a second release as the game is just released as an M, to make the uncut version devs will havo to subscribe a new contract with a publisher or sell the game themselves. Regionally censored versions like Germany, Australia and Japan ones are based on the US versions like all versions released and that's why other countries aren't affected. However publishers in some cases chosen to release the game censored for all EU countries, South Park The Stick Of Truth was an example of this.
Post automatically merged:

So 1.05 will adds censorship? How do you know about this?

Who decides are publishers and big societies that controls gaming platforms, they all follow US rules and so the US version also if it's censored for an M rating become the main version of the game. To release the AO version still remains possible on PC but it'll cost a second release as the game is just released as an M, to make the uncut version devs will havo to subscribe a new contract with a publisher or sell the game themselves. Regionally censored versions like Germany, Australia and Japan ones are based on the US versions like all versions released and that's why other countries aren't affected. However publishers in some cases chosen to release the game censored for all EU countries, South Park The Stick Of Truth was an example of this.

Sure, but CDPR is an european developer and therefore not bound to US rules. So it doesn't really make sense to base the local version on the US version in my opinion.

If that (ESRB) was the issue they should have talked about it.
They didn't talked about ESRB because Cyberpunk never was rated AO and so wasn't forced to be censored for an M, it was already done in order to get an M rating, maybe that actual full nudity in game was never intended and shown before 1.03 version when the game still was unreleased as a bug. But if they are really going to change other things with other updates is actually the proof they're censoring.
Post automatically merged:

Sure, but CDPR is an european developer and therefore not bound to US rules. So it doesn't really make sense to base the local version on the US version in my opinion.
All devs are bound to US rules and this also applies to movies. Big societies who controls the game market are from US and developers have to respect US censorship to be allowed on consoles and cloud gaming.

Last edited:
All devs are bound to US rules and this also applies to movies. Big societies who controls the game market are from US and developers have to respect US censorship to be allowed on consoles and cloud gaming.

Sure they have to respect it, for the US market atleast. I play on PC and there is nothing that pressures CDPR to enforce any US policys on me nor do I want them to. ;)

Sure they have to respect it, for the US market atleast. I play on PC and there is nothing that pressures CDPR to enforce any US policys on me nor do I want them to. ;)
That's what i say, on PC AO rated and Unrated games are allowed even in the US and they could actually release an uncut version or an uncut patch, in both cases this depends from their contract with investors.

I really hope the forced censorship will get just as big of a backlash as the performance issues. Maybe once rest of the people catch up that it's not just a bug and the patch they are waiting for to fix it won't be coming.

That's what i say, on PC AO rated and Unrated games are allowed even in the US and they could actually release an uncut version or an uncut patch, in both cases this depends from their contract with investors.

From what I gather from the last investor call transcript they seem pretty chill. They are no cause for worries to me right now :p
But yeah, thats why an explanation from CDPR for these changes is required.
Please tell us CDPR, whom shall we be angry with? :D

From what I gather from the last investor call transcript they seem pretty chill. They are no cause for worries to me right now :p
But yeah, thats why an explanation from CDPR for this changes is required.
I don't think underwear is actually a change, for me it was intended from the beginning and showing full nudity in the first version was a bug. During ESRB classification devs probably replied to the questionnaire that they would have added underwear in the final game.

To me it remains the principle of the thing.

Witcher 1 released with censored "Romance cards" in the US. As soon as CDPR was able they released an uncensored option and by the GOTY edition had made uncensored the standard.

Now they are the ones actively censoring themselves.

I genuinely can't figure why "bits customization" was a selling point - and it was mentioned in pretty much every video and preview - when it only existed to be in the inventory. That's especially galling given how, frankly, bad the inventory actually is. You can sort clothing by DPS, but not Armor, for example.

[QUOTE = "Dermax, post: 12418661, membro: 2375233"]
Per me rimane il principio della cosa.

Witcher 1 rilasciato con "carte romantiche" censurate negli Stati Uniti. Non appena CDPR fu in grado di rilasciare un'opzione non censurata e dall'edizione GOTY avevano reso lo standard senza censura.

Adesso sono loro che si censurano attivamente.

Sinceramente non riesco a capire perché la "personalizzazione dei bit" fosse un punto di forza - ed è stata menzionata praticamente in ogni video e anteprima - quando esisteva solo per essere nell'inventario. Ciò è particolarmente irritante visto come, francamente, l'inventario è effettivamente pessimo. Puoi ordinare i vestiti per DPS, ma non per Armatura, ad esempio.
[/CITAZIONE]
Maybe i'm wrong cause i can't find any evidence about this but i remember to have read somewhere months ago that devs said you couldn't watch main character genitals in any ways during normal gameplay.

I'm a hetero dude and am not looking to see a parade of male genitalia scroll across my television set, but I do feel a bit silly when I am in the shower with my purple briefs on. Can we please bring back the dude commando look in a future patch or in the next DLC?

Thanks.

I'm a hetero dude and am not looking to see a parade of male genitalia scroll across my television set, but I do feel a bit silly when I am in the shower with my purple briefs on. Can we please bring back the dude commando look in a future patch or in the next DLC?

Thanks.
They actually said it's intentional to not show genital during gameplay. Probably is to mantain the M rating.

Thanks.

All that genitalia pictures would die off in a month i think.

I wouldn't consider this a BIG problem, but it IS a problem. It's just another testament to how the game was rushed and half thought.
It's pretty silly we can customize d*cks and bushes but it can't be, let's say "exploited" in the game in any form.
It's pretty silly it was actually possible and they just started removing the feature.

I laughed a little when I saw the options, not because it existed, but because it was already half of what you could do in, say, Conan Exiles, where you can customize a bit more breasts and dong length, and you even have some potions that "increase charisma" - meaning, the little guy's length.
And it's not even a RPG set in a world and genre dictated by its very decadence, where more or less all the sins are running rampant.

In the end it is just confusing. And part of why the game is a mess. Make up your minds, guys. Full nudity, or no nudity. Not this half baked solution, which still look pretty buggy instead of a being a feature.

Last edited:
I get that 100%!!!

I just think it is funny that the point of attack is the censoring cock 'n balls and not (for example) the missing subway-feature, car-costumization, hair stylists and what not.

Again. Im not attacking anybody here! I just think it is funny that the whole ordeal drifted into that direction.

I think this is due to the absolutely ridiculous number (hundreds if not thousands) of news articles and reviews that were constantly mentioning the amount of nudity in the game (there are reviews saying you would be practically tripping over it as you walked around). As people would assume they were comparing to the witcher 3 which never got raving articles about nudity, they thought there was going to be more of it (or at least some in the open world). There is basically nothing nudity-wise to write home about in this game as it really does not have more than the Witcher games or even other games like GTA V. the other topics that CDPR "forgot" to tells us were not in the game only had a few articles about them. Since there were so many news articles surrounding nudity it seems rather more deceptive of CDPR to have not said something about it to tone down expectations (especially considering they were already known for nudity in their games already, so a news article hyping it up would have obviously led people to think that there was more than what was in their other games (which there is not)).

They didn't talked about ESRB because Cyberpunk never was rated AO and so wasn't forced to be censored for an M, it was already done in order to get an M rating, maybe that actual full nudity in game was never intended and shown before 1.03 version when the game still was unreleased as a bug. But if they are really going to change other things with other updates is actually the proof they're censoring.

It his was the case then if would confirm the deceptive marketing. I find this hard to believe because it would be literal prof of false advertising. Review copies having more nudity than released copies (or copies patched a few hours after release) is a huge no no ESPECIALLY if you don't warn people that you plan on removing significant amount of nudity on actual release. It seems reasonable to assume for their sake of not false advertising that something had to have happened shorty AFTER release that forced the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom