[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to break your dreams guys but I doubt it's ever gonna happen.
The problem with removing the character's panties during the game is the following: If you do, that mean people could go on photo mode and focus on their character's genitalia...The day they make the change, I can guarantee you that you'll find V's sex everywhere.

What's the problem with that? Well, to me, none but unfortunately, we're still living in a world where nudity and sex in general are very much taboo (I know, it's dumb, we allow depiction of gore violence but showing your character's intimity is a big no, no. Doesn't make any sense to me either but it's just the world we're living in).

For this reason, showing a full frontal nudity was already borderline and basically as far as they can go for a AAA game but allowing players to make a close up on their genitalia would be considered crossing the line.

Long story short, the nudity/panties issue isn't really a CDPR problem but more of a cultural/society problem.

Also, I agree with YesYourHighness, CDPR never promised this kind of feature. You can claim that to be dumb or frustrating but you can't say that they didn't keep their promise on that one (they didn't for a lot of things about this game, the citizen of NC having their own life, for example, but the degree at which nudity will be depicted isn't one of them).
Depictions of violence still isn't accepted in games, AO rating can also be used for gore and extreme violence contents but as for nudity the game would be cut and censored for a family friendly M rating at least for consoles. AO rating is the very equivalent to NC-17 rating, this one in movies still deserve censorship for theatrical R rated versions but on home video and also streaming services like Prime and Netflix NC-17 and Unrated movies are allowed so there aren't many problems to see their uncut versions. For games is very different because all mainstream ways to sell them will be off limits with an AO rating but i think it would be very interesting to see how that rating would apply with AAA games.

Depictions of violence still isn't accepted in games, AO rating can also be used for gore and extreme violence contents but as for nudity the game would be cut and censored for a family friendly M rating at least for consoles. AO rating is the very equivalent to NC-17 rating, this one in movies still deserve censorship for theatrical R rated versions but on home video and also streaming services like Prime and Netflix NC-17 and Unrated movies are allowed so there aren't many problems to see their uncut versions. For games is very different because all mainstream ways to sell them will be off limits with an AO rating but i think it would be very interesting to see how that rating would apply with AAA games.
That's a valid point.
I wasn't saying that you can do just about everything in term of violence in video game but I think what is "allowed" for violence in video games is far more graphic than its equivalent for sex.

That's a valid point.
I wasn't saying that you can do just about everything in term of violence in video game but I think what is "allowed" for violence in video games is far more graphic than its equivalent for sex.
M rated sex is basically equivalent to R rated sex, most times only upper body is on screen with moaning sounds, during nudity scenes no genitals are shown but only tits and ass, maybe non erected penis sometimes. Vagina and erected penis always deserve an AO rating or NC-17 because they're considered erotic.

The problem with removing the character's panties during the game is the following: If you do, that mean people could go on photo mode and focus on their character's genitalia...The day they make the change, I can guarantee you that you'll find V's sex everywhere.
Sorry to break your dreams guy, but you can do that right now, if you know how... ;)
NSFW
photomode_17122020_201157.png

One of the first mods (other than reshaders) that went up on nexus was an anti censor mod. It's unavoidable, and it would be much smarter if CDPR would just embrace and own it.

PS: btw, when i say mod, it's actually not really. It's 6 small hex code changes in a game file. So it's actually in the game engine already, it's just that a different texture is used in different cases and that can be edited. The "mod" on nexus is basically making those changes for you (although, use an exe file at your own risk). I am also certain that there is a similar setting for the photomode in sex scenes. and if there ever was wood in game, my guess is someone will eventually find that too...

Last edited:

What's the problem with that? Well, to me, none but unfortunately, we're still living in a world where nudity and sex in general are very much taboo (I know, it's dumb, we allow depiction of gore violence but showing your character's intimity is a big no, no. Doesn't make any sense to me either but it's just the world we're living in).

For this reason, showing a full frontal nudity was already borderline and basically as far as they can go for a AAA game but allowing players to make a close up on their genitalia would be considered crossing the line.

Long story short, the nudity/panties issue isn't really a CDPR problem but more of a cultural/society problem.

Also, I agree with YesYourHighness, CDPR never promised this kind of feature. You can claim that to be dumb or frustrating but you can't say that they didn't keep their promise on that one (they didn't for a lot of things about this game, the citizen of NC having their own life, for example, but the degree at which nudity will be depicted isn't one of them).

They may very well have validated and promised it when they made sure people knew you could choose your own gender / genitalia and make transexual characters, to be honest...
As for photo mode and genitalia, well... They are the company that made collectible cards for each "conquest" of Geralt in Witcher 1. Which is, at least to me, far worse than a straight on displayed genitalia. And well, other games have shown genitalias, with mechanics that made them unavoidable to see, unless the options was turned off for the server - Conan Exiles is by no mean a real AAA game, sure, but it didn't bat an eye when it came to nudity. And try avoiding that special part of the body when you are climbing a cliff, aiming up to see where you're going :p

Bear with me, I see your point, I just think it's silly. Which really is the best adjective for the whole thing : silly. It's absolutely silly they would go and remove that.
Also, if children were still present in photomode, I'd understand, to some extent, the issue at hand. But they are actually removed, so ...
Yeah, silly.

They may very well have validated and promised it when they made sure people knew you could choose your own gender / genitalia and make transexual characters, to be honest...
As for photo mode and genitalia, well... They are the company that made collectible cards for each "conquest" of Geralt in Witcher 1. Which is, at least to me, far worse than a straight on displayed genitalia. And well, other games have shown genitalias, with mechanics that made them unavoidable to see, unless the options was turned off for the server - Conan Exiles is by no mean a real AAA game, sure, but it didn't bat an eye when it came to nudity. And try avoiding that special part of the body when you are climbing a cliff, aiming up to see where you're going :p

Bear with me, I see your point, I just think it's silly. Which really is the best adjective for the whole thing : silly. It's absolutely silly they would go and remove that.
Also, if children were still present in photomode, I'd understand, to some extent, the issue at hand. But they are actually removed, so ...
Yeah, silly.
Conan Exiles PC version is not rated and in the console version character's genital customization and free roaming full nudity is disabled.

Yeah, silly.

Conan Exiles was censored by the ESRB in America, on both playstation and xbox. We had boobs but every character wore a loincloth so you couldn't see their genitals.

We've had brief flashes of full nudity in Rockstar games and Outlast, but Cyberpunk is the first game where we could actually stare at a fully nude character for an extended period of time, in the creation screen and inventory screen.

I know that we could get fully nude in photo mode too day 1. I did it myself. So, I'm not saying I support censorship. I'm just saying despite that Cyberpunk is still probably right up there with GTA as being the most adult game we've ever had on console in the States.

So my thoughts on this.
You have a censor option, why is this an issue.
You either turn it on, as an active choice, or you see some nudity.
I've enjoyed this game this far, but I have to admit, the scene where I'm wearing shorts in the shower, I laughed, thought wtf, and it was immersion breaking, from an otherwise great scene.

Look, imo, if you want to keep this scene as is, for whatever reason, ( tho I'd like to see it changed) add some bill board or commercial into the game trying to sell "shower shorts" maybe add a side quest talking about how bad the water supply for night city is to explain it.
Would turn this otherwise immersion breaking scene into a running joke in the game.
Otherwise it just looks bad

Sorry to break your dreams guy, but you can do that right now, if you know how... ;)
NSFW

One of the first mods (other than reshaders) that went up on nexus was an anti censor mod. It's unavoidable, and it would be much smarter if CDPR would just embrace and own it.

PS: btw, when i say mod, it's actually not really. It's 6 small hex code changes in a game file. So it's actually in the game engine already, it's just that a different texture is used in different cases and that can be edited. The "mod" on nexus is basically making those changes for you (although, use an exe file at your own risk). I am also certain that there is a similar setting for the photomode in sex scenes. and if there ever was wood in game, my guess is someone will eventually find that too...

you should hide those images in spoiler tags. that is what admins have requested. maybe you can get this edited on your end before they slam you.
Code:
[SPOILER="bla"][/SPOILER]

Look, imo, if you want to keep this scene as is, for whatever reason, ( tho I'd like to see it changed) add some bill board or commercial into the game trying to sell "shower shorts" maybe add a side quest talking about how bad the water supply for night city is to explain it.
Would turn this otherwise immersion breaking scene into a running joke in the game.
Otherwise it just looks bad

If the water is so toxic you have to wear shower shorts, why on earth would you take a shower in the first place? Shower water gets in your eyes, mouth, and crevasses despite wearing underwear. lol just saying.

Did you play GTA5? We saw penis a few times. Including Trevor's, one of the main protagonists. I'm sorry but a lot of your posts here just aren't rooted in fact.
Penis is shown for a few seconds in some scenes and in non erotic ways, flaccid penis can be shown in an M rated game. Cyberpunk still have penis depiction in customization menu but vaginas are low detailed for purpose. However i now remember that it was said that in Agony censored version you just could see your character penis with physics on it and in actual gameplay, so i think full nudity in Cyberpunk free roaming would not deserve AO rating. They probably choose to not show it to be sure to avoid any issues maybe also with Sony.

they should not stop comming, this is not acceptable.

I can't belive it just haven't change yet
Also in Outlast 2 some scenes were removed from the final game, then devs readded them in game with a free patch on the PC version. GTA V only had upper body nudity and dressed sex scenes, ridiculous to see.

Outlast 2 PC Patch Reinstates Scenes That Were Cut to Avoid Adult Only Rating - IGN
And this is what I am hoping for. A dev to have a future patch to add it all back in. Infact, they can even grow their game player base just by posting a simple post that they will indeed be putting out a patch for this. No need to offer refunds from what some have told me. Just slowly let us know that the game will be what every game dev wants, which is what their clients want to play.

But before the patches, for those people who managed to get their hands on the game before it was all there, they could see everything they needed from 1-person. So if it wasn't meant to be, then why did the artists spend their time and energy drawing it all?

But before the patches, for those people who managed to get their hands on the game before it was all there, they could see everything they needed from 1-person. So if it wasn't meant to be, then why did the artists spend their time and energy drawing it all?
I know why it got censored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking Johnny Silverhand, ok... so we knew he hacked the matrix when silverhand went by alias neo aka mr anderson, and his data storage capacity was full even after he used a doubler and started getting synaptic leakage.. dang.. bad stuff.

Johnny went in right before the launch and removed all private scenes... oh that johnny is a slick one ;) lol

The missing subway feature, car customization and hair stylists have all been pointed out as content that needs to be worked on from the community. You just have to understand that people focus on what bothers them personally the most. So I get your concern, you also have to get the rest for their personal concerns.
Its not a concern. i don't care what you like and what not.

no front (really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom