[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sorry for Project Red but from the Consumer Point they are the first in Line for me. They advertised me, hyped me with information about an adult game which breaks the standards and will evolve the gaming landscape into the next Level. So in my Eyes they will take the full responsibility because they are developing and spinned the PR Wheel around with Sex sells etc. Patching it out afterwards without informing the already payed customer is like I would hype you for my service or a car and then silently show up in your garage and take the 200 PS engine out and replace it with a prius car inside your dodge ram. Sry wasn't ment to be but my boss said we shouldn't sell it like this. Bad for the environment and sh#t. You wouldn't care when you are honest to your self. You would shove the prius up my a## if you would have paid the price for a dodge ram.
They should have said it before release, as we could choose to not buy the game as it was censored.

Silent censorship will hit you like an heart attack.
But you still don't know who censored Cyberpunk.
I am keeping my head up and I will keep playing and will keep asking for CDPR to come through. Someone had a hand in censoring them, and they can undo the censor at any time with a patch. I look forward to patch day.
They should have said it before release, as we could choose to not buy the game as it was censored.

You just came up with the perfect solution!!!! CDPR... Cyberpunk 2077 and Cyberpunk 2077 UR <---- unrated. Lets see which game sells more. I bet they could make a fat ton of money off of a Unrated DLC to fix what we really want from this game that has the potential to break records.

I am keeping my head up and I will keep playing and will keep asking for CDPR to come through. Someone had a hand in censoring them, and they can undo the censor at any time with a patch. I look forward to patch day.

You just came up with the perfect solution!!!! CDPR... Cyberpunk 2077 and Cyberpunk 2077 UR <---- unrated. Lets see which game sells more. I bet they could make a fat ton of money off of a Unrated DLC to fix what we really want from this game that has the potential to break records.
They'll probably do but probably they still have contract with publishers that can't allow it. They just said on Discord that all platforms would have just one version of the game. Really disappointing as the one released is probably censored.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't care one bit if it wasn't for the fact that you guys advertised it as having it and the fact that you allow me to customize the genitals and pubes so much. I feel lied to and betrayed by a company I love and thought actually cared about their customers, but censoring the game with the day one patch says that you're no different than any other money hungry corporation.

I think I speak for most of the people that are upset when I say that I feel lied to.

That's the least what I would expect from the Devs a Patch or different adult version. This would make me say; "OK Project Red, let's forget our little bad time, we are good now, let's talk about some dlcs" haha

But for now they MUST DO SOMETHING TO EARN BACK MY TRUST. You read that CD Project Red? XD
Post automatically merged:

I'll be honest, I wouldn't care one bit if it wasn't for the fact that you guys advertised it as having it and the fact that you allow me to customize the genitals and pubes so much. I feel lied to and betrayed by a company I love and thought actually cared about their customers, but censoring the game with the day one patch says that you're no different than any other money hungry corporation.

I think I speak for most of the people that are upset when I say that I feel lied to.

I feel your pain brother - we all do here. :sad:

Dear CDPR team,

Before every thing, I wish to tell how I admire your work on "The Witcher" trilogy and I am supporting you from the beginning, buying every game at their launch. My english is far from perfect but I am doing my best to write my humble opinion, what I really rarely do for a game.

As a fan of Sci-Fi and of Blade Runner, I was so hyped by Cyberpunk that I ordered the game on GOG.com and pre-ordered 2 other games on PS4 to offer them to my friends.

But once the game in hands, I felt so frustrated, so raged, I had the feeling that this game could be my favourite game ever, but it was failing because of the obvious well-known bugs but also because of some absurd direction you chose. I will not discuss the nonfunctional basics of the gameplay and bugs already mentioned on many posts and reviews, I am going to focus here on the current topic which is nudity.
You have claimed that this game is a mature game with nudity and violence, which is consistent with the Cyberpunk universe and the least I was expecting from. As in every RPG game, immersion is my central attention. I was impressed by the detail of customisation and couldn't keep smiling at the genitals customisation. "they did it ! incredible ! they even took the time to think about this detail, the game's gonna be ultra realistic ! I can't wait for playing further !".
But I realised later that you can be nude only in the inventary and that you take a shower with all your clothes on, or with a short (who does it in real life, seriously ?), what is the point to get full frontal naked in the inventory only and nothing is reflected in the game environment? For this point, please be aware that most of us, fans and gamers, don't buy games for satisfying our sex desire, staring nude female or penis models rotating, but for reasons like the universe consistency, that makes a game realistic and great in comparison to other similar RPG games.
I am OK with no nudity content, if it is well-hidden during the scenes, or if not proposed. But you can see already EVERYTHING in the menu, why don't keep going forward ?

I respect the fact that not everyone would like to see nudity in this game, and that is why you created the nudity censorship option... don't you ? What is the point of this option when we stupidly take a shower with clothes on, staring in the mirror and walking in short, and seeing people magically urinating from their hands ? By the way please be informed that all women are urinating standing, is there no vagina in this world ?
On the other hand, sextoys are over exposed everywhere, repeatedly reminding us that sexuality is not a shame in the Cyberpunk universe. But it is only showing how pretentious the game is : free-talk about sexual contents, but in reality very shy and full censored. I call it "teenaged" and immature content, just the contrary of what you wanted to show.
Though there are some frontal female scenes, penis seems to not exist in this world, that accentuates how absurd the game is trying to deny the existence of some parts of the human body.

Regarding the fact that even if you wanted to keep the game shocking-proof, kindly refer to games like "Rust" or "Conan Exiles", "GTA 4 and 5" and a lot more : no body cares about seeing male genitals, people are even smiling about it, and the universe and the immersion are getting more credible, more consistent with the themes.

Could you please explain to us, why a game of this calibre, witch such beautiful artistic design that can make you cry, with such realistic characters ( I am not about the NPCs walking in the city), is ridiculously hiding some part of the human body, which is the central topic of the cyber modification in Cyberpunk ?

Please open your eyes, the ones playing your games are not kids born in the nest of a stork, that is what I am feeling you think of us.

As all other features of the game, you set the basics of very good ideas and show the will of very cool intentions, but they are uncompleted, not functional. Nudity is one of them. The intention is there, but the idea has not completed its way. Please dare to push your ideas, which are great, to the end and complete them.

May this humble comment reach you and may you take my remarks into consideration or not, I thank you for reading me to the end.

Last edited:
Dear CDPR team,

Before every thing, I wish to tell how I admire your work on "The Wicher" trilogy and I am supporting you from the beginning, buying every game at their launch. My english is far from perfect but I am doing my best to write my humble option, what I really rarely do for a game.

As a fan of Sci-Fi and of Blade Runner, I was so hyped by Cyberpunk that I ordered the game on GOG.com and pre-ordered 2 other games on PS4 to offer them to my friends.

But once the game in hands, I felt so frustrated, so raged, I had the feeling that this game could be my favourite game ever, but it was failing because for obvious well-known bugs but also because of some absurd direction you chose. I will not discuss the nonfunctional basics of the gameplay and bugs already mentioned on many posts and reviews, I am going to focus here on the current topic which is nudity.
You have claimed that this game is a mature game with nudity and violence, which is consistent with the Cyberpunk universe and the least I was expecting from. As in every RPG game, immersion is my central attention. I was impressed by the detail of customisation and couldn't keep smiling at the genitals customisation. "they did it ! incredible ! they even took the time to think about this detail, the game's gonna be ultra realistic ! I can't wait for playing further !".
But I realised later that you can be nude only in the inventary and that you take a shower with all your clothes on, or with a short (who does it in real life, seriously ?), what is the point to get full frontal naked in the inventory only and nothing is reflected in the game environment? For this point, please be aware that most of us, fans and gamers, don't buy games for satisfying our sex desire, staring nude female or penis models rotating, but the universe consistency, that makes a game realistic and great for comparison to other similar RPG games.
I am OK with no nudity content, if it is well-hidden during the scenes, or if not proposed. But you can see already EVERYTHING in the menu, why don't keep going forward ?

I respect the fact that not everyone would like to see nudity in this game, and that is why you created the nudity censorship option... don't you ? What is the point of this option when we stupidly take a shower with clothes on, staring in the mirror and walking in short, and seeing people magically urinating from their hands ? By the way please be informed that all women are urinating standing, is there no vagina in this world ?
On the other hand, sextoys are over exposed everywhere, repeatedly reminding us that sexuality is not a shame in the Cyberpunk work. But it is only showing how pretentious the game is : free-talk about sexual contents, but in reality very shy and full censored. I call it "teenaged" and immature content, just the contrary of what you wanted to show.
Though there are some frontal female scenes, penis seems to not exist in this world, that accentuates how absurd the game is trying to avoid the existence some part in the human body.

Regarding the fact that even if you wanted to keep the game shocking-proof, kindly refer to games like "Rust" or "Conan Exiles", "GTA 4 and 5" and a lot more : no body cares about seeing male genitals, people are even smiling about it, and the universe and the immersion are getting more credible, more consistent with the themes.

Could you please explain to us, why a game of this calibre, witch such beautiful artistic design that can make you cry, with such realistic characters ( I am not about the NPCs walking in the city), is ridiculously hiding some part of the human body, which is the central topic of the cyber modification in Cyberpunk ?

Please open your eyes, the ones playing your games are not kids born in the nest of a stork, that is what I am feeling you think of us.

As all other features of the game, you set the basics of very good ideas and show the will of very cool intentions, but they are uncompleted, not functional. Nudity is one of them. The intention is there, but the idea has not completed its way. Please dare to push your ideas, which are great, to the end and complete them.

May you take into consideration my remarks, I thank you for reading me to the end.

Very well written. Hardly could do it like you did it. Bow my head. Sadly I try my best but you nailed it. Hopefully the Devs and the Corpos over their Head read this and get their back straight. In my Opinion this game was brave- all around the process was brave to do the step and get some adult content in this game. I was so eager and hyped about reading that night city was a sinful place. Well in fact.. In the future they live like Amish (no offense for those people intended) in relation to our real life. So many Corpos and politicians in my country sniff coca-in of young girls, partying hard like there is no tomorrow. And in this more corrupt setting IN A GAME MADE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE - the strippers look like priest compared to real life. And how comes that a part of a body is so a risky thing. We all know how it works with the bees and flowers and it is not only for going to the toilet. So CD Red.. You don't need to safe us from adult content :)

Very well written. Hardly could do it like you did it. Bow my head. Sadly I try my best but you nailed it. Hopefully the Devs and the Corpos over their Head read this and get their back straight. In my Opinion this game was brave- all around the process was brave to do the step and get some adult content in this game. I was so eager and hyped about reading that night city was a sinful place. Well in fact.. In the future they live like Amish (no offense for those people intended) in relation to our real life. So many Corpos and politicians in my country sniff coca-in of young girls, partying hard like there is no tomorrow. And in this more corrupt setting IN A GAME MADE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE - the strippers look like priest compared to real life. And how comes that a part of a body is so a risky thing. We all know how it works with the bees and flowers and it is not only for going to the toilet. So CD Red.. You don't need to safe us from adult content :)
There were some similar cases in gaming in the latest years, Mortal Kombat with no more revealing outfits, Resident Evil 3 remake changed outfit if compared to the original game, Serious Sam 4 no tits on harpy. Every game hadn't sex scenes or nudity. It just seems like Sony policy is basically affecting anything and no more nudity is tolerated even when in small parts. That's a list of all Sony censored games for silly nudity reasons. Most of them basically affect all platforms.

Dear CDPR team,

Before every thing, I wish to tell how I admire your work on "The Wicher" trilogy and I am supporting you from the beginning, buying every game at their launch. My english is far from perfect but I am doing my best to write my humble option, what I really rarely do for a game.

But once the game in hands, I felt so frustrated, so raged, I had the feeling that this game could be my favourite game ever, but it was failing because for obvious well-known bugs but also because of some absurd direction you chose. I will not discuss the nonfunctional basics of the gameplay and bugs already mentioned on many posts and reviews, I am going to focus here on the current topic which is nudity.
But I realised later that you can be nude only in the inventary and that you take a shower with all your clothes on, or with a short (who does it in real life, seriously ?), what is the point to get full frontal naked in the inventory only and nothing is reflected in the game environment? For this point, please be aware that most of us, fans and gamers, don't buy games for satisfying our sex desire, staring nude female or penis models rotating, but the universe consistency, that makes a game realistic and great for comparison to other similar RPG games.

On the other hand, sextoys are over exposed everywhere, repeatedly reminding us that sexuality is not a shame in the Cyberpunk work. But it is only showing how pretentious the game is : free-talk about sexual contents, but in reality very shy and full censored. I call it "teenaged" and immature content, just the contrary of what you wanted to show.
Though there are some frontal female scenes, penis seems to not exist in this world, that accentuates how absurd the game is trying to avoid the existence some part in the human body.

May you take into consideration my remarks, I thank you for reading me to the end.

This exactly, much better then i could have worded it.
Look, i know CDPR is a company not my friend, so we ware buisiness partners.
You must be able to trust your buisiness partner.
This situation was a hard hit to this trust, i dont like it, i want to trust them again.
I want them to be Johnny Silverhand, not Arasaka, Militech....etc....

Sad thing but if you always let people decide how you work and limit you, you need to take the risk and hit. I am sure many hosts would sell cyberpunk and Sony would bow if everyone sells it except them. Let them look weird and they would also loose money while everyone else get some of the cash. That hurts them. But we'll you must jump over your shadow and don't sell your soul. Would pay 120 Euro for such a game. Already payed much more for others. Not always are the big numbers those who matter in the future. If they would shake Sony off and release cyberpunk like they had their vision. Their next game would be a must have with all dlcs even for more money when the concept would be also awesome.

Yes, so much this. I have seen advertisements on primetime tv that show more sexiness than the current adult content in this game.

Haha - and this during day where the kids can watch. Last time even the durex ad was kind of cyberpunk In Relation. And that was a ad played on poke tube which was intended for my son to watch. :shrug:maybe I should tell him that there is no penis and it's all imagination - look son also cyberpunk shows no penis when people go "pipi" because the "pipi" is a "nono" but yes you can take the SMG out for a play and look the shotgun got his head ripped of clean. But this Girl is just dancing.. Jeah she got office clothes on having a good time. XD

Haha - and this during day where the kids can watch. Last time even the durex ad was kind of cyberpunk In Relation. And that was a ad played on poke tube which was intended for my son to watch. :shrug:maybe I should tell him that there is no penis and it's all imagination - look son also cyberpunk shows no penis when people go "pipi" because the "pipi" is a "nono" but yes you can take the SMG out for a play and look the shotgun got his head ripped of clean. But this Girl is just dancing.. Jeah she got office clothes on having a good time. XD
Don't think violence is always accepted, ESRB range also affects violence and gore.

Don't think violence is always accepted, ESRB range also affects violence and gore.

OK understand but in my View chopping someone's head of or looking at a snuff Braindance where before seeing that, it becomes explained to the point where even don't know snuff porn you will get it. But that's OK chill 18 plus is ok for that. Blowing someones head of dragging his body around town going on a mayhem - no big deal. But Titties and Ding Dongs can't be shown? Strippers and sexual Parts must be hidden even while showering? In which weird social matrix do we life? I don't get it because in my country 18 plus is considered Adult and more. So when you are 16 you can drive a bike work do all stuff and go to a bar. Strip clubs and adult Places are available with 18. So 18 plus determine for me 19/20 above. And hand to our heart's.. We all watched porn far earlier than 18. Hell I would go so far and would say we all looked at the hot teachers body. So I quite don't understand why it's such a big thing. And what I don't tolerate is advertising an adult game and silently patching the content out.

I agree if you're going to advertise what elements are suppose to be in the game then they should be there. Nudity and Sex was part of what was promised along with the gratuitous violence that is there. Also NPC interaction with the player of anything besides hi .. F* off really is silly. The number places you're allowed into is very very very limited, where are the Bars with the Prostitutes, Bands, being able to Dance and interact with the them? You promised a mature adult game; put a warning label out so children won't get it if their parent has a half decent brain.

I have a theory, I think what really could have happened is CDPR indeed advertised this game would have sex and nudity but not THAT amount of sex and nudity, and did not inform ESRB (or Sony) when they got the 'M for Mature' rating (the same way nobody knew about that tremendous amount of bugs). So when the game finally arrived they saw it and freaked out, forcing CDPR to make it less sexual in order to keep the M rating and not spend money and logistics with a new Ao rating, who knows, perhaps they have some serious legal/money issues regarding this. And of course CDPR cannot talk about this stuff...

I guess they were hoping none of us would notice, since it was changed in day 1 patch. I have not seen anything about this in any media or youtube/reviewer.

I agree, it does seem odd and a bit of a backstep. Maybe a big enough discussion will change it. Shouldn't have been scared of the AO rating. Everyone knew what they were buying in to. Things won't change until someone takes the first step to normalize it.

My theory is still that when the game launched and all those idiotic streamers did livestreams without turning the nudity censor on first thing, some corpos panicked and patched more censorship in to 1.03 than was originally intended. Again, we have the brilliant streaming community and big business to thank for this. Kids never would have been exposed to this games adult content if Pewdiepie and Pokimane were more careful, and concerned more for who watches their streams rather than getting more attention through their "OMG! PENIS!" reaction vids.

Last edited:
Some changes are quite obvious trough the whole game, I don't know why the press isn't covering this.

tg.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Some changes are quite obvious trough the whole game, I don't know why the press isn't covering this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom