[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you didn't read the OP... It's not about the penis and the vagina, (I'm not afraid to call them by its names), it's about not making sense.

If they didn't advertise so much how openly sexual the game was going to be, how progressive and inclusive our characters could be, then there wouldn't be any issue. We would have your typical triple A game with underwear. But this isn't the case.

I. Don't. Need. To. See. Nudity. I'm not gay, I play as a male V, I just fucking hate to see censorship and artists being forced to bent the knee.
Well, I'm gay and I need to see nudity, but only because it was promised and it is ridiculous to see blood and guts and fresh and clean boxers ;D
And I completely agree on statement that it was advertised as a mature 18+ game and that is why I disappointed in this case. Witcher 3 had no such adv so no any problem. But this game had such adv.

Generic black underwear was added all over the game. In the Afterlife bar the people in the tubes of water dancing have it, dead bodies on tables have it, and the guy in the screen shot has the same generic black underwear.

Now for that screenshot. The guy just got out of the shower. He was still dripping wet in the animation, and is Johnny's friend so is not a prude. The robe is open just enough to see his junk and it is clear as day it was indented to have no underwear. This is just one expample.

The game has been censored to hell. And its annoying..

Lol, that scene would be hilarious not being censored. Not sure why this would be a problem if you had the game option set to full nudity.

Yes the game was advertised with full nudity, see here: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/15/17468232/cyberpunk-2077-nudity-transhumanism
"Badowski said that in the final game, his team intends to have full nudity, not for shock value but because it supports one of the most important themes in the cyberpunk genre: transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology. "

My thoughts were: Finally a realistic game not censored here!

So by removing the full nudity, the product is not as advertised, so false advertising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

At least we should have a menu option to apply full nudity. People who don't want to see full nudity could toggle it to the state that we have now (or even with underwear in the inventary). But people who trusted in your advertising should be able to really get what they paid for. So please give us an option to enable full nudity as in "full" nudity. With absolutely no censorship. Thanks!

Last edited:
Generic black underwear was added all over the game. In the Afterlife bar the people in the tubes of water dancing have it, dead bodies on tables have it, and the guy in the screen shot has the same generic black underwear.

Now for that screenshot. The guy just got out of the shower. He was still dripping wet in the animation, and is Johnny's friend so is not a prude. The robe is open just enough to see his junk and it is clear as day it was indented to have no underwear. This is just one expample.

The game has been censored to hell. And its annoying..
At least Alt Cunningham Vagina is not censored.
Might not be the best screenshot but when you get to it you can clearly see her crotch
photomode_16122020_162407.png
I can see that some nipple with transparent clothing worn by certain NPC has pasty but some doesn't. Also certain npc doesn't wear underwear in which you can see the crotch.

photomode_16122020_134444.png

Crotch in certain npc
20201213213052_1.jpg

20201213213107_1.jpg
Guys, this is ridiculous, do you even hear yourselves, what you are asking, this is a private organization we are talking about, what the hell is wrong with you?

Sure, it is a novelty to allow us to customize our character down to their genitals, but other than this it serves no other gameplay mechanic (this is what RPG do btw).

You should be grateful that you can see some tits at least, note that in countries like Japan, you are not even allowed to see a nip, they have a strong censorship.

Just give it time, and modders will surely release working P and V, but please just stop flooding these forums with this shit, its getting ridiculous.
They advertised it. We pay for it. IT WAS THERE. The modder allow us to get some of it again. Then they took it from us with recent patch.
It's wrong not to complain when you buy cheeseburger and didn't get the cheese.

Pretty sure the genital thing was all a joke, actually surprised it wasn't a bug in the mirror.
Really surprised we are suppose to wear a shirt in the shower, even as a guy.

Interesting choices CDPR makes eh?
I think they should have said it was a joke from the get-go.
This makes me wonder what other things are and aren't bugs? Am I suppose to go bald when wearing a hat in the mirror? Are police suppose to spawn behind me? Are the cars suppose to be launched from the ground and kill me instantly? Or are they also features?

But I would like to see an official statement why they made these cuts after they released their game.

Bait and switch. The nudity thing for character creator was only marketing gimmick to sell extra copies. It does not matter nor is used outside character creator/inventory view. NPCs do not react to nudity and genitals don't affect romance - only body type and voice.

I want answers on this, and not a locked thread that people cant reply to, i want the honesty and openness CDProjektred Dev's (and no the social media group hired to take hits for the dev's and speak for them) i would like to hear directly from you, and if anyone else has a complaint against what i said, educate me on your stand point, im waiting patiently, and listening to all.
+1

I want them to explain the inconsistency. Why did they advertise this game as mature and even has nudity toggle and yet still ended up like this. Do it on that infamous yellow background as well. We'll wait. :)

Apparently you didn't read the OP... It's not about the penis and the vagina, (I'm not afraid to call them by its names), it's about not making sense.

If they didn't advertise so much how openly sexual the game was going to be, how progressive and inclusive our characters could be, then there wouldn't be any issue. We would have your typical triple A game with underwear. But this isn't the case.

I. Don't. Need. To. See. Nudity. I'm not gay, I play as a male V, I just fucking hate to see censorship and artists being forced to bent the knee.

Im sorry I think you misunderstand what full nudity means, and if CP77 actually breaches legality, and there actually exists grounds on which they can be sued over false advertisment.

You see, in the polygon article there is mention only about "Full Nudity" - now what does "full nudity" actually mean? it is interpretable, what can you tell me about "full nudity" from a legal standpoint?

Lets fact check:
-In the character creation, we can see the main character without any clothing, the skin being completely exposed, can that pass as "full nudity" ? probably

-In the inventory screen, you can remove all clothing and accessories from the main character, the skin being completely exposed, can that as we, pass as "full nudity" from your perspective?

Now please show me exactly where CDPR worded/advertised that you can, actually, walk around with your character completely exposed on the streets, in the car, wherever and whenever you please?

Because, as far as I can see, there is no mention of this, so far, as long as this was expressly said, there is in fact, no false advertisement.

And thats how things work in the legal world

Probably nothing we can do about it since this was always decided.

The game won't have full nudity
Yes you will be censored

That is the reality.

Im sorry I think you misunderstand what full nudity means, and if CP77 actually breaches legality, and there actually exists grounds on which they can be sued over false advertisment.

You see, in the polygon article there is mention only about "Full Nudity" - now what does "full nudity" actually mean? it is interpretable, what can you tell me about "full nudity" from a legal standpoint?

Lets fact check:
-In the character creation, we can see the main character without any clothing, the skin being completely exposed, can that pass as "full nudity" ? probably

-In the inventory screen, you can remove all clothing and accessories from the main character, the skin being completely exposed, can that as we, pass as "full nudity" from your perspective?

Now please show me exactly where CDPR worded/advertised that you can, actually, walk around with your character completely exposed on the streets, in the car, wherever and whenever you please?

Because, as far as I can see, there is no mention of this, so far, as long as this was expressly said, there is in fact, no false advertisement.

Does showering with your underwear on still count as "FULL NUDITY"?

Does showering with your underwear on still count as "FULL NUDITY"?

You don't seem to understand, "Full Nudity" was used to describe a feature of the game, and that was all, CDPR never specified if the game allows its users to shower with or without underwear, do you understand?

There is no false advertisement.

Lets fact check:

Does having full nudity in the game and later patched to make the player character wear underwear and only through mod to return that loss of functionality doesn't mean a thing?

It WAS there. Then it was removed.
Also no explanation of why.

Also Alt cunningham still nude in game with clear crotch shown. Why can't we?
311340_20200503085314_1.png

If you ask: why not just refund it?
I bought on steam. Played more than 2hrs, Refund was denied. I tried.
The game is good. But the removed FEATURE is a dick move.

Does having full nudity in the game and later patched to make the player character wear underwear and only through mod to return that loss of functionality doesn't mean a thing?

View attachment 11090057

CDPR have the right to do whatever they want with their product, I personally haven't played the game's early versions so I don't know if the underwear was there or not, but regardless of that, from a legal standpoint, as long as the character creation and the inventory screen, feature the MC completely nude, there is no grounds for false advertisement, and that is what people don't seem to understand.

Also Alt cunningham still nude in game with clear crotch shown. Why can't we?
View attachment 11090057

I can't really tell if the game was different in version 1.03 than 1.04, but I believe I wasn't able to look at my junk in 1.03 either. I didn't pre-load the game because mine is retail version, so I can't verify if what people says about day one version is true or not.

But that's irrelevant, YesYourHighness is just going sideways on this topic. I have no interest in what she/he is discussing. I'm not interested in "interpretations". Full nudity means exactly that, and if you don't want to understand it, it's a problem you should solve alone.

Either way, officially or via mods, we will get back our genitals and our freedom and I don't give a f about who will get offended by nudity. I'm just really tired of this puritanism and conservadurism that forces artists to bent the knee.

CDPR have the right to do whatever they want with their product, I personally haven't played the game's early versions so I don't know if the underwear was there or not, but regardless of that, from a legal standpoint, as long as the character creation and the inventory screen, feature the MC completely nude, there is no grounds for false advertisement, and that is what people don't seem to understand.
The product they said was a certain way and sold to us, I didn't think I was buying this.

Also, legally someone could argue that it was still false advertisement, yeah there is nudity, not the way you'd expect though. It be a legal battle for sure though and doubt anyone would do anything about it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom