[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't seem to understand, "Full Nudity" was used to describe a feature of the game, and that was all, CDPR never specified if the game allows its users to shower with or without underwear, do you understand?

There is no false advertisement.
Could you explain what this "full nudity means"?
What did they promise?

It's kinda just sus honestly. So the whole genital customisation was marketing? You can't see if when nude can't see it during romance scenes. The fact at how heavily advertised this game was towards a more adult orientation and then the reality is much much less that is just another thing to add on top of the lies. It's such a shame because at its core CP2077 is great but so much cut content, half-truths, or flat-out lies, as well as horrible performance and bugs, have utterly tanked this game's reputation and CDPRs.

I honestly just want CDPR to truly apologise and actually go about putting the things they said would be in the game actually in the game. They said gaining the trust of consumers / gamers back is priceless so I dunno maybe start by finishing the game they promised and add the things they've talked about not just since 2018 but just this year alone would be a start.

I can't really tell if the game was different in version 1.03 than 1.04, but I believe I wasn't able to look at my junk in 1.03 either. I didn't pre-load the game because mine is retail version, so I can't verify if what people says about day one version is true or not.

But that's irrelevant, YesYourHighness is just going sideways on this topic. I have no interest in what she/he is discussing. I'm not interested in "interpretations". Full nudity means exactly that, and if you don't want to understand it, it's a problem you should solve alone.

Either way, officially or via mods, we will get back our genitals and our freedom and I don't give a f about who will get offended by nudity. I'm just really tired of this puritanism and conservadurism that forces artists to bent the knee.

The only person going sideways is you, JAD2012, there is "Full Nudity" in this game, and it can be proven, whether it is or not what you expected, it is completely irrelevant to the point of this whole thread, which is about "False Advertising".

Could you explain what this "full nudity means"?
What did they promise?

You can go and search for yourself what was promised, as for answering what "full nudity" is, from my standpoint at least, represent the body completely exposed, the absence of the clothes, and possibly no censorship to body parts, which in the game, can be already observed in 2 separate screens.

You go and search for yourself what was promised, as for answering what "full nudity" is, from my standpoint at least, represent the body completely exposed, the absence of the clothes, and possibly no censorship to body parts, which in the game, can be already observed in 2 separate screens.
So... Lets see if i got this right:

Seeing my "Little V" in the inventary but not in the rest of the game does still count as full nudity...

Interesting... 🤔🤔🤔
07ed75a40de90b6055cf7a7e7be5677e.gif

Im sorry I think you misunderstand what full nudity means, and if CP77 actually breaches legality, and there actually exists grounds on which they can be sued over false advertisment.

You see, in the polygon article there is mention only about "Full Nudity" - now what does "full nudity" actually mean? it is interpretable, what can you tell me about "full nudity" from a legal standpoint?

Lets fact check:
-In the character creation, we can see the main character without any clothing, the skin being completely exposed, can that pass as "full nudity" ? probably

-In the inventory screen, you can remove all clothing and accessories from the main character, the skin being completely exposed, can that as we, pass as "full nudity" from your perspective?

Now please show me exactly where CDPR worded/advertised that you can, actually, walk around with your character completely exposed on the streets, in the car, wherever and whenever you please?

Because, as far as I can see, there is no mention of this, so far, as long as this was expressly said, there is in fact, no false advertisement.

And thats how things work in the legal world

Lets "Fact Check" in your logic:

I buy a car: 500 h.p V8, at least it has that configuration in the presentation room... I drive with it outside and realise, damn its only a 90 h.p 4 cylinder engine. Oops my baaad: manufactur never said it will has this engine outside of the presentation room.

Clean logic definitely, in real LEGAL life - to quote you, that would be called a scam.

They advertised sexual content, nudity and so on. Because you can improve your body as much as you want, the pure basic animalistic instinct will come through, no matter how far you improve technology. Thats the world about it, the immersion about it. Its - as they said years ago - a key feature. Also to mention Night city is a "free city", a very interessting concept. And that leads to the next point, immersion.

And I'm old enough to not get wet when I see genitals, breasts or nudity. I'm old enough to actually be capable of understanding the art and the thinking behind. And its frustrating and you feel scammed when you see basic generic added underwear in cut scences or get up in a shower with underwear on.

Since you already wrote, that you didnt play on release day and didnt see that censorship got post added, it makes your posts your "arguments" even more frustrating.

Also as others mentioned: In night city you feel like a cheap tourist from the past, you can watch with censorship, but never touch. They always said, that game will have massive immersion, they told that people over and over again for years, I follow this project for 5 years already. So there is basically no immersion especially not in the content way that allways showed and advertised.

And its logic and arguments like those quoted that already ruined other popular franchies.

Without any arguments over legal definitions or censorship, I think we can all agree that nudity and sex are handled quite schizophrenic as of now, right? :)
Thats's the weird part. There are sexualized ads everywhere. I was just standing in front of a billboard in city centre and there were 4 different ads of half naked men next to each other. On the other hand the city itself is weirdly prudish. Fully clothed strippers everywhere. And for 1/3 of the game taking place in strip clubs/bars/brothels CDPR impressed me how they managed to show so little nudity. Witcher 3 had more during it's mainstory and it took place in a rather prudish fantasy world and not super liberal futuristic city in which the body barely means anything.
Game definitely feels heavily censored.

No censorship (unless your consider that the sentence have to begins with "I promise..." to actually be a promise).

I seriously don't understand the point of this thread anymore and why people are so riled up.

The first time I saw the dick and vag sliders...I was shocked, seriously, and amused at the same time, and couldn't believe my eyes! mostly because it is a big mainstream company we are talking about, and this would be shipped to at least 8 mil people!

So yeah its a cool thing to see, kind of dissappointing you can't walk around with your penis dangling around, but I do not care about that...its amazing to see it in the inv anyways.

And for the rest of you unquenchable people, just get mods for it if it bothers you so much yes? stop flooding forums with this.

So... Lets see if i got this right:

Seeing my "Little V" in the inventary but not in the rest of the game does still count as full nudity...

Interesting... 🤔🤔🤔

Yes, exactly that.

Lets "Fact Check" in your logic:

I buy a car: 500 h.p V8, at least it has that configuration in the presentation room... I drive with it outside and realise, damn its only a 90 h.p 4 cylinder engine. Oops my baaad: manufactur never said it will has this engine outside of the presentation room.

Clean logic definitely, in real LEGAL life - to quote you, that would be called a scam.

They advertised sexual content, nudity and so on. Because you can improve your body as much as you want, the pure basic animalistic instinct will come through, no matter how far you improve technology. Thats the world about it, the immersion about it. Its - as they said years ago - a key feature. Also to mention Night city is a "free city", a very interessting concept. And that leads to the next point, immersion.

And I'm old enough to not get wet when I see genitals, breasts or nudity. I'm old enough to actually be capable of understanding the art and the thinking behind. And its frustrating and you feel scammed when you see basic generic added underwear in cut scences or get up in a shower with underwear on.

Since you already wrote, that you didnt play on release day and didnt see that censorship got post added, it makes your posts your "arguments" even more frustrating.

Also as others mentioned: In night city you feel like a cheap tourist from the past, you can watch with censorship, but never touch. They always said, that game will have massive immersion, they told that people over and over again for years, I follow this project for 5 years already. So there is basically no immersion especially not in the content way that allways showed and advertised.

And its logic and arguments like those quoted that already ruined other popular franchies.

Your argument is flawed at the core, and has no logic.

You are actually signing some contracts when you buy the said car, and before even that, you might even test drive the car, and look at the engine, im sorry, have you even ever drove a car, or purchased one for that matter?

I can't bother to read the rest of your post since you start with no-logic

We are talking about real life here

Last edited:
I seriously don't understand the point of this thread anymore and why people are so riled up.

The first time I saw the dick and vag sliders...I was shocked, seriously, and amused at the same time, and couldn't believe my eyes! mostly because it is a big mainstream company we are talking about, and this would be shipped to at least 8 mil people!

So yeah its a cool thing to see, kind of dissappointing you can't walk around with your penis dangling around, but I do not care about that...its amazing to see it in the inv anyways.

And for the rest of you crazy people, just get mods for it if it bothers you so much yes? stop flooding forums with this.

Yes, exactly that.

Your argument is flawed at the core, and has no logic.

You are actually signing some contracts when you buy the said car, and before even that, you might even test drive the car, and look at the engine, im sorry, have you even ever drove a car, or purchased one for that matter?

I can't bother to read the rest of your post since you start with no-logic

We are talking about real life here

Yep, I was right... you are exactly like one of those people. lol

You dont even half understand what people are telling you, you just throw your unlogical nonsense arguments around, while knowing nothing. You see that people are attacking you and are against your viewpoints, so you go in a very offensive position and throw your nonsense out. Exactly like people who ruined already other franchies (tie fighter sounds playing)

Last edited:
Yep, I was right... you are exactly like one of those people. lol

You dont even half understand what people are telling you, you just throw your unlogical nonsense arguments around, while knowing nothing. You see that people are attacking you and are against your viewpoints, so you go in a very offensive position and throw your nonsense out. Exactly like people who ruined already other franchies (tie fighter sounds playing)

What are you talking about, I don't understand where you are coming from.

"People are attacking me and Im against my viewpoints, and im in a very offensive position", what does that even mean? what positions are you talking about?

This thread is about "False Advertisement" and why "CDPR is in the wrong", I am proving the fact that there is no false advertisement here, what have you to say or add to this discussion aside than having some very personal feelings towards me? seeing as you take the liberty to accuse me of "throwing nonsense".

I still even remember one of the previewer saying he could walk around totally naked, and that NPCs reacted to it: some freaking out, and even one making his V a proposition.
That's the kind of game I wanted to play, one with freedom and interactivity and reactivity.

Let us play the early previewer build!

The thing with false advertising is the following: In my country, when people buy something in expectation that it fits the description that they understand with common sense when reading an advertisement but it does not meet the expectation, than the advertisement was false.

So what does "full" nudity mean. "Full" means "completely" or "100%". If you buy a full container of oil, you expect it to be "full" which means that it is filled at least with what is written onto it, for example 5 litres. Full means full and not half empty. There was not said "partial nudity", it was said "full nudity".

Now if @YesYourHighness says "full" is already given with what we got here, I do not acknowledge. In this definition, "full" could already mean "full nudity" when there is at least one picture of a completely naked person in a newspaper that can be found on the ground of a toilet in the suburbs. As there is this one fully nude picture, "full nudity" is correctly advertised? I do not think so.
On the other side, "full nudity" could in fact mean, that every character in game can be stripped completely and entirely, "full" in the sense of "100%", so always and everywhere. Obviously, this is not what "common customer" understands under "full nudity".

This game currently is more comparable to the following situation: you go into a real world bar that advertises "full nudity" but everyone has underwear on. Noone is naked but you are allowed to strip yourself when you are in the toilet for yourself. In some way, you can be fully naked yourself and so the advertisement was right? This is what we got here, an advertisement that is not meeting the real expectations, and nobody expected the interpretation of "full nudity" as in what we got in this game. We expected something else.

People expected under "full nudity" that when they enter an ingame sex scene, that the characters there are completely nude as in real world. People expected that they can run around "fully naked" and not only in underwear (as it is in fact possible in real world, there are videos out there that prove this, of course, NCPD should not like this), and that they can make photos of this, as you can in the real world, too. This is what people understood when they read "full nudity" and this is proven by the various threads that claimed it a bug that these things are not possible. People expected this, but we got something else.

So it is in fact false advertising, because what the people expected is not what they got. False Advertising is about the typical expectation of customers, when they buy something because they expect something due to the advertisement and get something else. And some people bought the game because it was the first AAA title that advertised what people expected to be "full nudity". Not only partial. And some already returned it because it was not what they expected in this point. And this is prove enough for it being falsely advertised.

So to ask for a possibility to reenable "full nudity" as people understand it here is in fact very fair for us customers because we expected this. And this is what this thread is about. We just ask politely for what we expected to be in this game.

Last edited:
I still even remember one of the previewer saying he could walk around totally naked, and that NPCs reacted to it: some freaking out, and even one making his V a proposition.
That's the kind of game I wanted to play, one with freedom and interactivity and reactivity.

Let us play the early previewer build!

This is a very interesting thing you are saying, but unless you can prove it, or this "previewer" can prove/show that the character was actually walking naked with his dong out, this is just circumstantial, or an exaggeration, unless CDPR expressly said, yes, you, your character can walk around naked, there is no false advert.

Hell, for all we know, all this "walking around naked" that people seem to care a lot for, could have been at some point in the game, during production or before one of the patches, and then taken out, whatever the case, there still is no false advert, and everyone can scream and kick all they want, CDPR has no obligation to do anything we ask for..

The only thing you can do is either enjoy the game as is, or refund it, if you can, or just stop playing, and wait for the game to get patched, and mod it if you so desire.
Post automatically merged:

The thing with false advertising is the following: In my country, when people buy something in expectation that it fits the description that they understand with common sense when reading an advertisement but it does not meet the expectation, than the advertisement was false.

So what does "full" nudity mean. "Full" means "completely" or "100%". If you buy a full container of oil, you expect it to be "full" which means that it is filled at least with what is written onto it, for example 5 litres. Full means full and not half empty. There was not said "partial nudity", it was said "full nudity".

Now if @YesYourHighness says "full" is already given with what we got here, I do not acknowledge. In this definition, "full" could already mean "full nudity" when there is at least one picture of a completely naked person in a newspaper that can be found on the ground of a toilet in the suburbs. As there is this one fully nude picture, "full nudity" is correctly advertised? I do not think so.
On the other side, "full nudity" could in fact mean, that every character in game can be stripped completely and entirely, "full" in the sense of "100%", so always and everywhere. Obviously, this is not what "common customer" understands under "full nudity".

This game currently is more comparable to the following situation: you go into a real world bar that advertises "full nudity" but everyone has underwear on. Noone is naked but you are allowed to strip yourself when you are in the toilet for yourself. In some way, you can be fully naked yourself and so the advertisement was right? This is what we got here and nobody expected this interpretation of "full nudity". We expected something else.

People expected under "full nudity" that when they enter an ingame sex scene, that the characters there are completely nude as in real world. People expected that they can run around "fully naked" and not only in underwear (as it is in fact possible in real world, there are videos out there that prove this, of course, NCPD should not like this), and that they can make photos of this, as you can in the real world, too. This is what people understood when they read "full nudity" and this is proven by the various threads that claimed it a bug that these things are not possible. People expected this, but we got something else.

So it is in fact false advertising, because what the people expected is not what they got. And some people bought the game because it was the first AAA title that advertised what people expected to be "full nudity". And some returned it because it was not what they expected in this point.

So to ask for a possibility to reenable "full nudity" as people understand it here is in fact very fair for us customers because we expected this. And this is what this thread is about. We just ask politely for what we expected to be in this game.

What you are saying is completely correct, except for 1 thing, it does not matter what the people expected when the game featured "Full nudity", unless the term explicitly claims that "Full nudity" means "walking around naked" there is no grounds for false advert, if you simply cannot acknowledge this, there's nothing we can do about it anyway, you might not be ok with it, I might not be ok with it, it's not what I expected but in life, you don't always receive what you expect.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting thing you are saying, but unless you can prove it, or this "previewer" can prove/show that the character was actually walking naked with his dong out, this is just circumstantial, or an exaggeration, unless CDPR expressly said, yes, you, your character can walk around naked, there is no false advert.

Actually, I initially was going to make a thread after finding out the preview, but could not because Google is now swarmed with "Cyberpunk 2077", to a point that even knowing it was:
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Preview (4 ou 5 hours, I don't remember)
-That the character was fully naked.
-That it was a full COOL build
-That the NPCs reacted to V being naked
Isn't enough to find it back.

Hell, for all we know, all this "walking around naked" that people seem to care a lot for, could have been at some point in the game, during production or before one of the patches, and then taken out, whatever the case, there still is no false advert, and everyone can scream and kick all they want, CDPR has no obligation to do anything we ask for..

The only thing you can do is either enjoy the game as is, or refund it, if you can, or just stop playing, and wait for the game to get patched, and mod it if you so desire.
Post automatically merged:

What you are saying is completely correct, except for 1 thing, it does not matter what the people expected when the game featured "Full nudity", unless the term explicitly claims that "Full nudity" means "walking around naked" there is no grounds for false advert, if you simply cannot acknowledge this, there's nothing we can do about it anyway, you might not be ok with it, I might not be ok with it, it's not what I expected but in life, you don't always receive what you expect.

I don't remember making a trial to CDprojekt, so my own memory is more than enough...:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom