[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think underwear is a forced censorship. Devs choose to cover main character's genitals to avoid rating issues, it's self-censorship. Game never shown full nudity in photo mode or free roaming gameplay because it was intended to be so from the beginning. Maybe underwear were added later but nude characters looked like dolls before.

Before 1.03 (and you still can get this from changing a few hexes in .exe), V wasn't a doll in the photo mode ;).

I don't think underwear is a forced censorship. Devs choose to cover main character's genitals to avoid rating issues, it's self-censorship. Game never shown full nudity in photo mode or free roaming gameplay because it was intended to be so from the beginning. Maybe underwear were added later but nude characters looked like dolls before.
If you use pants bug you can see a penis in photo mode. So it possible, that it was intended and patched after all.

They have a [...] nudity toggle advertised and nudity advertised. Why [...] should they afraid to show some penis.
It is a censorship.

They have a [...] nudity toggle advertised and nudity advertised. Why [...] should they afraid to show some penis.
It is a censorship.
Yes, it's censorship but it's preventive censorship. There wasn't an AO rated version of the game before and the game was just made to get an M rating, so this can't be called a censored version.
Post automatically merged:

If you use pants bug you can see a penis in photo mode. So it possible, that it was intended and patched after all.
You still have to bug the game to see it.

Yes, it's censorship but it's preventive censorship. There wasn't an AO rated version of the game before and the game was just made to get an M rating, so this can't be called a censored version.
Post automatically merged:

You still have to bug the game to see it.

Again, the underwear appeared sometime after launch, from the 1.03 patch. You could get fully nude in photo mode without glitching the game. It was censored.

A few posts got deleted.

As some users decided to ignore previous moderator request to stay away from political matters, this thread will now get temporarily locked.

The discussion will continue soon. Please read the forum rules again, it clearly says in there that real life political discussion is off limits on these forums.

Thank you.

Recently all the "underwear bug" thing was shutted down since it was confirmed that it is not a bug and there is no full nudity outside the inventory, but then it brings the question... why even give the option to begin with?

There's already thread on Nudity, feel free to discuss it there when it gets unlocked.

Getting the feeling that the topic about censorship and the ratings boards is not wanted on this forum. Be nice to get some kind of statement from a dev on the whole ratings board approving the game before launch but the censorship we are seeing post launch and what it means for future content.

Also FYI it is hard to talk about the whole nudity issue when mods have the mega thread locked down.

Discussing the differences between PEGI and ESRB and the effect they have on the game is fine.

Starting to argue about rights, revolutions, and rebellions is not. That would definitely be arguing real-world issues.

Nopers pie, a la mode.

As for censorship rulings -- stuff like this happens all the time. But I'm not sure about the information your claiming concerning the "inventory only" aspect. Where did you hear this?

Regardless, if the law says, "Sorry, XYZ is in effect," then that's the way it goes. Your options are as follows:
  • Argue the issue along the proper channels, and make the most constructive case you can to alter the censorship ruling. (Which will not be happening on the CDPR forums, btw.)
  • Move to a different region that offers censorship laws more in line with your own preferences. (All a matter of how much digital, naughty bits mean to you, I guess.)
  • Play the game with the underwear on...since that's not even remotely the main focus of the game, anyway.
But still, I just had a quick jog around the net, and I can't find a single, official document anywhere that states the game has been altered to adhere to ESRB censorship.

But still, I just had a quick jog around the net, and I can't find a single, official document anywhere that states the game has been altered to adhere to ESRB censorship.

The game post 1.02 on pc has several pieces of content censored in a manner that makes me think the mature content slider in the game is broken. Though we have had one dev comment that it is working as intended. Prior to 1.03 certain npc's could be seen nude in the game world and in story missions. Billboard advertisements displayed nudity and several npc's on the street could be seen nude.
After patch 1.04 that all changed. It is either because of a glitch or some kinds of content needed to be reomoeved to fall in line with the esrb or pegi ratings. it maybe left in game and needed to be patched out. Not sure. The game is different now than it was on launch day that's all I know.

Last edited:
I cannot articulate how off-putting this whole thing has been. It has sullied and otherwise amazing game. Censorship and lies. Fine. FINE! Just do us a solid and be mod friendly, because quite honestly, despite the absolutely barbaric and backwards "standards" of extreme gore being totally fine but a penis or a vagina being too offensive to show, most of the people playing this game are ADULTS, and we'd like to not be irritated by this absolutely stupid prudery. Thanks

Getting the feeling that the topic about censorship and the ratings boards is not wanted on this forum. Be nice to get some kind of statement from a dev on the whole ratings board approving the game before launch but the censorship we are seeing post launch and what it means for future content.

Also FYI it is hard to talk about the whole nudity issue when mods have the mega thread locked down.
Well there's no proof yet that the censor ship is kneeling to rating board. Not yet. It just that they don't answer why they would censor features that is expected to exist in the game.

People are thinking is it due to rating board ESRB?

The point is IS IT BECAUSE ESRB? Or there's something else as reasons to censor that.

It just stupid and dick answer just to say ItS wHaT wE InTenD3d. If they explain like, hey we need to censor this because of ESRB and we apologise for mis advertisement. Well that's one way to explain that if it's the case.

Still ... Dick move to censor it.
People keep creating thread because they want some answer and/or want to push the return of nudity.

Yet no answer for now by cdprojeckt.

Well there's no proof yet that the censor ship is kneeling to rating board. Not yet. It just that they don't answer why they would censor features that is expected to exist in the game.

People are thinking is it due to rating board ESRB?

The point is IS IT BECAUSE ESRB? Or there's something else as reasons to censor that.

It just stupid and dick answer just to say ItS wHaT wE InTenD3d. If they explain like, hey we need to censor this because of ESRB and we apologise for mis advertisement. Well that's one way to explain that if it's the case.

Still ... Dick move to censor it.
People keep creating thread because they want some answer and/or want to push the return of nudity.

Yet no answer for now by cdprojeckt.
I for one am disappointed that we were tricked into thinking we were finally going to get a game where we had adult things and choices. No Statement from CD Projekt Red is very disturbing. Only someone saying "Stop reporting it as a bug, It was intended with a (Smiley Face)." Really? like you hid the base consoles which was the main console for the release in the first place. Then a ton of the game is missing content for what they advertised. Its a Alpha version of the game(Still a good game but where is the P.R. rep for the sour reviews?).

Hello. I preordered the game on the 20th of december last year so exited to play. When i got it today my mum informed me that there are a lot of really bad sex scenes. She is fine with all the nudity just not the sexual scenes. I posted it in this thread becuase i would like to submit a suggestion to make a lock on the nudity option. It could have a password on it or a way to permanently lock it. I would love this because I was so hyped to play the game and becuase of ho easily it is to turn nudity back on that is why i am only allowed to play it under her supervision. This is only about less than an hour per few days. If there was an option to lock it on the off i would be able to play it freely. I wanted to play this game becuase of its amazing content not the scenes, and becuase of these scenes i cant even play it for very long. So i would be extremely grateful if there was an option to lock it otherwise it would be really annoying to play an amazing game only for less than an hour every few days. Hope that someone sees this and passes it on so that it could become a feature. Sorry for taking up your time for reading this whole thing. Thank you

Hello. I preordered the game on the 20th of december last year so exited to play. When i got it today my mum informed me that there are a lot of really bad sex scenes. She is fine with all the nudity just not the sexual scenes. I posted it in this thread becuase i would like to submit a suggestion to make a lock on the nudity option. It could have a password on it or a way to permanently lock it. I would love this because I was so hyped to play the game and becuase of ho easily it is to turn nudity back on that is why i am only allowed to play it under her supervision. This is only about less than an hour per few days. If there was an option to lock it on the off i would be able to play it freely. I wanted to play this game becuase of its amazing content not the scenes, and becuase of these scenes i cant even play it for very long. So i would be extremely grateful if there was an option to lock it otherwise it would be really annoying to play an amazing game only for less than an hour every few days. Hope that someone sees this and passes it on so that it could become a feature. Sorry for taking up your time for reading this whole thing. Thank you
I hope a dev sees your post and finds value in adding some parental controls for situations like yours. I did notice that you cannot turn nudity mode on and off while loaded into the game and that you have to go back to the main menu in order to change that.

You are aware this is a game for the MATURE audience. And therefore should require no supervision from your mom. Please dont contribute to making the game even more cencored than it already is. Thank you

We have decided to re-open the thread now.

One caveat - if you use this thread as a place for political discussions, any sort of insults or personal attacks again - it will get closed for good.

We trust that our community can have a civilised discussion about the matter without breaking forum rules.

Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom