Suggestions on Order Usage - tfw I had 40+ orders...

+
Hello, fellow Gwent players!

As the title suggests, I have encountered an issue with the "order" mechanic of the game. Namely, the games seems to be missing a way of using multiple orders at a time?
(for example, a double-click = 5 orders?)
Here is the background story:
Recently, I decided to build and play an order-centered Norther Realms deck, which I used King Demavend III as the leader, while also adding in Vysogota of Corvo, Bloody Baron, Priscilla, Aretuza Adept*2... you get the idea: crazy order stacking.

With just Vysogota of Corvo alone (Priscilla and Aretuza Adepts no drawn/ were locked or destroyed) surviving until the end of a 10-card round, he can easily get up to 40 orders with Bloody Baron's help. However, since using an order requires clicking and has a short animation as well, 40+ order means... it is impossible to use all of the orders during the given time of 1 minute/ turn. Even with my mind fully focused at continuously clicking, I was only able to click away exactly 30 orders before the timer reached 0, thus leaving the order stack mechanic useless. In addition to the time constraint, the clicking process gets very underwhelming: I clicked non-stop for a full minute, while watching and listening to the 2-second animation + vfx for 30 times straight. Was actually kinda fun to do so for the first 2 times, but after that, using that many orders was just as torturing to myself as it was to my opponent.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or know a way around it? It just seems weird to me that after the mechanic has been released for this many months, there would still be an issue that kills the gaming experience like this.

Thank you guys very much!

rrc

Forum veteran
May be because the developers never thought that anyone would be crazy enough to store 40 orders to be used in one turn :p:p:p

May be you will need to plan accordingly and use these charges in two or three rounds. There is no need for you to store 40 charges for the last turn (unless you face a 30 point Aglais and want to use your Seltkirk for dueling her, even then, you are likely to win even without the dueling). It is a waste of your time, waste of your opponent's time (if your opponent still didn't forfeit). So, IMHO, this doesn't need to be fixed or looked at by the devs.

If you want to use Bloody Baron you get max effictivness if you stack your charges until the last turn and then use them. Combined with a Dandelion or a Ban Aard Tutor, it makes even more sense not to spend them previously. (Just make sure to not run into a Kambi deck as that will steal your last turn and thus take away all your stacked charges and orders.)

And personally I wished for a way to spend multiple charges on a unit, too, playing more or less the same deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know what the OP, i've ran with the same issue both on my NR orders deck and my old NG tactics deck. Usually its not a problem because the opponent forfeits when i have a 15-20pt S. Blaze and start doing the damage...

Usually there's too much time in 90% of the cases, and too little in the other 10%.

May be because the developers never thought that anyone would be crazy enough to store 40 orders to be used in one turn :p:p:p

May be you will need to plan accordingly and use these charges in two or three rounds. There is no need for you to store 40 charges for the last turn (unless you face a 30 point Aglais and want to use your Seltkirk for dueling her, even then, you are likely to win even without the dueling). It is a waste of your time, waste of your opponent's time (if your opponent still didn't forfeit). So, IMHO, this doesn't need to be fixed or looked at by the devs.
Thank you for your reply!

That is one way around the issue. However, when I have that many orders stored, and my opponent doesn't yet forfeit, it makes me think that they might have a big surprise waiting for me at the end of their round. Naturally, for the sake of ensuring my win, I just want to use my orders to their maximum effectiveness, and thus using them in the very last round. I mean, this is a strategic card game, so at its core, the game is all about using everything to its maximum effectiveness, and the design of the turns should then allow me to use my resources at its maximum effectiveness.

But yeah, at the moment, it is torture for both sides, and before this problem gets taken care of, the best thing to do is save only 15 orders for Bloody Baron and use the rest in earlier turns.
Post automatically merged:

If you want to use Bloody Baron you get max effictivness if you stack your charges until the last turn and then use them. Combined with a Dandelion or a Ban Aard Tutor, it makes even more sense not to spend them previously. (Just make sure to not run into a Kambi deck as that will steal your last turn and thus take away all your stacked charges and orders.)

And personally I wished for a way to spend multiple charges on a unit, too, playing more or less the same deck.

This is exactly what I was going for. I managed to do that today, when my opponent locked my Reynard Odo, moved my Vysogota of Corvo to the melee row and destroyed my Reinforced Ballista. I was almost giving up, then I realized my Dandelion is still alive, and I have Priscilla, Ban Ard Tutor, plus Bloody Baron in hand. Vysogota of Corvo cannot spend charges when in melee row, but he still gains charges for every card played, sooooo...

My Dandelion boosted him for every charge he got (every played card + Priscilla + King Demavend III), and I played Bloody Baron on my second last turn, and Ban Ard Tutor on the last turn. My Vysogota of Corvo ended up at a massive 120+ power with 50 charges he cannot even spend. It was absolutely ridiculous and I got the "Bodybuilder" achievement too. Just imagine a Vysogota of Corvo as buffed as Dwayne Johnson...

And thanks for that tip on Kambi! I haven't yet encountered that, but I will for sure be careful when playing against a Skellige deck in the future.
Post automatically merged:

I know what the OP, i've ran with the same issue both on my NR orders deck and my old NG tactics deck. Usually its not a problem because the opponent forfeits when i have a 15-20pt S. Blaze and start doing the damage...

Usually there's too much time in 90% of the cases, and too little in the other 10%.

That is exactly how I feel. In 75% of the cases, the turn time is more than needed, and then in 15% of the cases it feels nice to have all that given time, when the situation gets a little confusing and I have to really spend time and think about the possibilities; and then in the last 10% of the cases, I have too many order charges and cannot use them all.

This is the reason why I feel like there needs to be a way of spending multiple charges though. If the Devs implement a way of doing so, the most frustrating 10% of the cases will be gong.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Bump!

I played Vysogota of Corvo with the same strategy again today. I had between 30-40 charges, but I was able to use all of it (in addition to using Bloody Baron's order ability and Ban Ard Tutor's deploy ability). I think I sensed increased animation speed, but I am not sure if my client was just laggy the day earlier... or were the devs this fast? Don't things usually change only when a new patch comes out? Now my senses and my reasons are fighting each other, and I am completely perplexed about which to trust. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But damn that was an amazing feeling, to have had faster & smoother animation + being able to use all of my charges in 1 turn.

Top Bottom