Suggestions on Quest Design and Leveling

+
shouldn't be any levels at all. progress could be easily gated by cash for mod and a limited few items that will stat boost. Items should never have levels at all!
That's exectly what I'd like to have. You don't need levels to role play, at all. We know that a rocket launcher does more damage than a gun or an heavy armor gives more protecion than a t-shirt. I don't need a number which tells me that. At the same time I don't need a number to tel me that I got better at playing (from level 3 to level 4), my aim gets better while playing or (and this makes sense in cyberpunk) if I have a recoil stabilizer or an implant in "my" arm that makes my aim better. I don't need to unlock a level 7 perk with exp. points which gives me 18% more accuracy.

That would revolutionize RPGs and that what I would expect from CDPR because it's the only company which could do that. I guess it's too late now (we've seen the glorious gameplay video), but I hope for their next game.

(and the worst thing is that in the last 2-3 years all action games starte to include nonsense levels everywhere)
Post automatically merged:

Cash is too loose though. One player might squander it all on prostitutes and end up too under-geared to progress. An other might take a sum meant to advance the plot (like the 50k for the Flathead) and buy the best of everything, and end up bored as now they are OP and the game isn't a challenge any more.
that's a devs' problem to make it equilibrate. And like in real life, if you fuck up with your money it's your mistake.

Please put the Persian language in the cyber punk game. Enjoy more of your masterpiece. Thanks
Post automatically merged:

more people

Last edited:
Looking at the demo play-through, it seems we got exactly just that. The video showed you could take an optional quest to gather more intel. Depending on your actions, the NPC dies, which might have a negative impact, like not getting a new quest.

About the quests, they shouldn't be obvious with an ! mark above the NPC's head. Instead, we should really look out for new quests by observing the environment. Maybe you see someone in need and can help them or maybe you witness a shady deal going on somewhere. It should be part of the exploration. Then it's even more awesome when you find such a "hidden" quest.
I like where you are taking the level of immersion idea, and I feel confident they will set up in the options a means to turn of markers and the like. The added animation and verbal directions will help for sure. Thank you. Be creators not destroyers.

I think the player should earn xp points for Failure cause thats how people learn they make mistakes. they fail and fail again till they fail no more. for me what breaks immersion is the random currency .. kill a bad guy get 5 credits .. kill a dog credits.?? player should collect payment from there contractors. ( why games always let the player feel inclined after a gun fight too let the player stick around and loot the bodies is beyond me. im not saying not too let the player do it. im saying there are times when doing such a thing is fool hardy at best. and there should be consequences.

your out in the bush miles from civilization loot at your leisure but if you just got out of a street brawl. well maybe the cops or another gang or reinforcements are coming and they are bring some heavy gear too mess you up.. also let the player who knows they are outgunned and outmatched too surrender. have those consequences come to bare.

let the player try too escape in unique ways tailored to the situation. if the cops hold the character. let choose to serve time or try a prison break but dont make it automatic. let the player make the plans (another thing I never see in a Rpg game. plans are often designed and executed by NPC with zero character involvement.) and if you do choose too have this feature . please make the prison as interesting as a prison movie. maybe the character gets brain-danced. and maybe there so happens too be some MK ultra mind control stuff happens too character that evolves into a unique quest and story for that player too experience. like any movie getting captured by the bad guys is never the end of the story , I mean how bad ass would it be too break out like Frank Castle in the Netflix The Punisher series after getting tortured by the bad guys.

The biggest problem with video game rpgs that I have experienced. In my opinion.

(and too be honest I still haven't played any of the witcher games. I did not care much for the main character. lack of customization was the main reason I did not pick it up.... and I know its based of a novel. that I have also never read. )

the player never really leaves a foot print in the world. you go on mission kill the bad guys missions over and in the world nothing changes. Heck not even the NPC leave a foot print in the world. Say I kill off an entire street gang. does the neighbor hood they controlled does it get better or worse or maybe a worse gang moves in or maybe better gang takes over , or maybe no one cares too move in that territory and life gets better for the people living in that part of the city. there should be unforeseen consequences both good or bad, and it should be reflected back too the player . did you level that apartment complex. maybe some corp buys the land and develops it. did not save the kid on the street corner... thats to bad, saving him could of lead to quest or maybe that noodle shop you loved so much shuts down as they mourn for the loss of there son. maybe the mood of that noodle shop changes. maybe the owners become so disheartened that they give in and sell there business too the land developer who has been pressuring them too sell. and that can lead the player find out that the random gang attack was not so random after all as the land developer was behind the whole thing all along. adventure anyone?

Maybe leaving foot prints in the world is too much to ask.. but if CDPR wants too push the envelope that is how I would do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom