Suggestions: Quality of Life Improvements/Various

+

Breli

Forum regular
Hi there,

Since Jason/Burza mentioned Quality of Life improvements in their stream here are some I am hoping for at some point in time:
  • Use different symbols/icons for cards that have options: Cards like Shupe or Wolfsbane have multiple options. I always irritated me that the selection screen (also back in beta) shows two identical cards and you have to read through the description every time ;) … using different icons/symbols instead would be nice. Could be fairly easy/straightforward like a dice with an odd and even number on top of the card in case of Wolfsbane.
  • View deck directly in Mulligan screen: Right now, you have to click “hide cards” right click deck, close it again and click “show cards” or so? That is somehow counter intuitive and too much clicking. Every now and then I even mis click and close the mulligan screen by accident :p. A simple button “show deck” next to “hide cards” would be nice ;)
  • Also: put all buttons in the same spot. The “show cards” button is on the left while all the others are at the bottom of the screen?
  • Change TA so that it has 5 charges with a boost of one: Again a simple fix I think that would make it more flexible and help to limit the pain of losing coin flip. The boost could be used on multiple cards instead of one. Keeping them out of the range of big killers, setting up more than one boosty engines like dwarfs etc. etc.
  • Store match history: Store each match history in the game so that you can retrace certain matches! I think that would be nice
  • Speed/Responsiveness of the game: Personally, not so much an issue for me but this is a common request out there. I think this can be fixed quite easily (many of these have surely be mentioned before)
    • Draw cards for both players in parallel and not sequentially (should be easy)
    • Clear the board after round end at once and not “staged” (should be easy)
    • Double the speed of animations
    • Allow “stacking” of orders i.e. click multiple times and let the animations play out asynchronously from that
    • I believe that these changes will already be enough to make the game feel MUCH faster.
I am pretty new to Gwent (started about 8 weeks or so before Homecoming came out) and like it A LOT. I also think that it is a substantial improvement in comparison to the beta. Most importantly, it is a solid foundation for future improvement/expansion.

I am looking forward to that 8)

Cheers Breli

Change TA so that it has 5 charges with a boost of one

Well, hello there...

Whenever this unit receives a boost, damage a random enemy by 1.

Breli

Forum regular
Well, hello there...

Yeah right, forgot about that one. But Tridem Inf is way overpowered IMHO anyway :p ... so lets change that.

Seriously, 4 provisions for a card that generates potentially 16-20 points of value? That's insane ...

Breli

Top Bottom