Suggestions to help beginners

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
A few suggestions that could really help beginners and players facing beginners in Gwent, since i face a lot of them in casual and see them struggling with these:

- a voiceline/ taunt to CLEARLY tell the other player to press the 'end turn' button. I cant recall how many times i see a beginner play a card, then dont know what to do, im using the 'hurry up' taunt, but if im playing a Leader like Dana or Woodland, it just sounds like threatening noises to the opponent.

- i havent touched the tutorial since day one of HC, and i know it's been revamped but it must still be faulty because i keep seeing beginners doing this fatal mistake:
I see they're using the starter decks and some actually play pretty well R1, even getting some wins against me there... then they ALWAYS play R2 and end up losing CA and losing the match. Others eve lose CA in R1 to win, and then insist on playing R2 for a crushing loss.

They need to learn how valuable "dry-passing" is, since starter decks arent really good enough to go for the bleed or 2-0 vs better decks. And the tutorial should be the one to do it, in a way they actually learn it, instead of keep doing the same dumb move over and over again.

Any other suggestions?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Concerning first point: these problems are born because of orders. If there are no orders, turn ends automatically, as it expected in a card game. Game becoming faster and more logical. And there is no need of new taunts. Played a card - see a result - easy to understand gameplay mechanic.

A few suggestions that could really help beginners and players facing beginners in Gwent, since i face a lot of them in casual and see them struggling with these:

- a voiceline/ taunt to CLEARLY tell the other player to press the 'end turn' button. I cant recall how many times i see a beginner play a card, then dont know what to do, im using the 'hurry up' taunt, but if im playing a Leader like Dana or Woodland, it just sounds like threatening noises to the opponent.

- i havent touched the tutorial since day one of HC, and i know it's been revamped but it must still be faulty because i keep seeing beginners doing this fatal mistake:
I see they're using the starter decks and some actually play pretty well R1, even getting some wins against me there... then they ALWAYS play R2 and end up losing CA and losing the match. Others eve lose CA in R1 to win, and then insist on playing R2 for a crushing loss.

They need to learn how valuable "dry-passing" is, since starter decks arent really good enough to go for the bleed or 2-0 vs better decks. And the tutorial should be the one to do it, in a way they actually learn it, instead of keep doing the same dumb move over and over again.

Any other suggestions?
Sounds good.

Top Bottom