Suggestions to improve arena further

+
I, as I'm sure many others are eager to test out the new arena which allows you to draft a leader first. However, I want to suggest a few other changes that could be done to improve it further. The first two are simple and there really is no reason they shouldn't be implemented, the third is a bit more complex and, I suppose, debatable.

1. Let us choose which keg we get - Very obvious, many have suggested it already.

2. Allow to use our cosmetics in arena - (boards, cardbacks, skins)

3. Less drastic difference in bronze to gold ratio you can draft - Some may argue this makes arena less fun because it feels great to draft 20 golds, and high provision ones at that; but let's not forget, it feels equally as bad to draft 10 low provision golds... There could just be a bare minimum amount of golds you are guaranteed to draft every time, for example, 12. As well as a cap such as 16. The numbers can be adjusted but the ratio should be less random in general.

And of course it would be nice if arena contributed to dailies or offered an equivalent way to earn 2-4 RP's daily to compensate, but I'm aware this probably wont happen.

1. I think, keg must be random, cause it's a random mode.
2. + Or make it random, cause it's a random mode. That'll be fun.
3. + I think, there must be overall provision cap of all cards to balance all arena players' decks.
4. + Agreed. Some people are playing just the arena. I think, Arena mode should not be humiliated in relation to other modes, cause people spend their time there too. Or there must be a bigger reward.

Regarding 3: Arena is all about randomness. The subject of capping higher-quality cards has been discussed since Arena was first added. I personally am against such restrictions because everyone has the same chance of getting a good deck.

1 and 2 I am indifferent on but I can see why they'd be desired changes.

Regarding 3: Arena is all about randomness. The subject of capping higher-quality cards has been discussed since Arena was first added. I personally am against such restrictions because everyone has the same chance of getting a good deck.

1 and 2 I am indifferent on but I can see why they'd be desired changes.

Arena is all about randomness, yes, but I think said randomness should only come from the actual leaders and cards you draft and what synergies you can find, not from provision and ratio differences. I believe the mode should be more equal and consistent in this regard so you don't get those awful decks that tempt you to break the contract or those incredible decks that stomp everything else not even necessarily because of a great synergy, but just because they drafted much more provisions and golds. It doesn't have to be completely equal every time, but the range of provisions and gold to bronze ratio should be narrowed significantly.
Post automatically merged:

1. I think, keg must be random, cause it's a random mode.
2. + Or make it random, cause it's a random mode. That'll be fun.
3. + I think, there must be overall provision cap of all cards to balance all arena players' decks.
4. + Agreed. Some people are playing just the arena. I think, Arena mode should not be humiliated in relation to other modes, cause people spend their time there too. Or there must be a bigger reward.

I actually kinda like the idea of random cosmetics in arena, even allowing you to play with stuff you don't own. Would be another incentive for people to play the mode.

I don't think there should just be a provision cap but a range. For example: everyone drafts 170-190 provisions; it's still a bit random but much more equal.

I suggest we roll dice to see who wins in arena. It would have the same effect.
Only if there is no restriction by provision. Another things depend on synergy and game understanding.
I like the Arena, because there u can gather cards of all factions and sometimes interesting combos come out. But, for example, HS does not allow to use cards of another factions. May be this is good in some cases, but it's too limited. Gwent arena is more interesting in my opinion.

Guest 4336264

On the point about improving the Arena, I'd like to enquire as to whether or not a player who pays £1.50 to participate in the Arena gets a percentage of that £1.50? I realise most will use the other payment method to play.

I've only ever had a 6 win streak, never yet completing all 9 battles. However, I've never received any real money for playing. I'd suggest that one way to improve the Arena is to ensure that players obtain part of the £1.50 fee for participating - increasing with each win in the Arena. So, if you pay to play (as in real money) you will only play others who have used real money to play. The cash goes into a 'kitty' and each player gets a portion of the cash dependent on how many matches are won. If you win only one game, losing three times, you will clearly get less than someone who wins two games or six games.

The exact mechanism for such an Arena would need to be worked out further, but I think playing real cash and having an expectation to win back real cash (obviously CDPR taking their cut) would be a great motivator to play the Arena. I'm not sure what laws might come into play - perhaps certain gambling laws as well as age restrictions.

In actuality, I think it'd be good to be able to play normal games for cash against other players - varying amounts, low to high.

Top Bottom