Suggestions to improve the game.

+
CDPR you know artifacts are a huge problem. Sihil is the worst of all of them yet it's still in the game. WHY? It's like you have designed Thronebreaker76 online to be anti-fun. Remove these cards or make big changes. Artifact engines are a terrible idea. Who decided that it would be good to have a card that gained continuous value but could only be removed by very specific counters that make the rest of your deck worse. Worse still you have caretaker, so even if you're lucky enough to draw your removal it just gets revived. What's the point? I'm not surprised that Pro players are leaving or sceptical. You can often tell if you've won or lost within the first three moves of a round. Why is there no blacklisting?

New idea for Sihil. Order damage a unit by 6. If it is destroyed spawn biting frost of that row.

There are enormous issues with the current way you have designed the game. Your provision system is horrible at the moment because of the extreme variance it creates. In order to have good cards you need 4 point filler cards. The difference between drawing a 4 prov card and a 15 is huge. The amount of points you can output is changed so drastically by your hand it's ridiculous. I think this is the main reason people see this as more RNG heavy. The lacking mulligans and the way they carry over makes this worse.

All of the bronzes need buffing. Bronzes should have much more synergy, or engine power so that they can compete with gold cards in long rounds or with set up. In Beta Gwent decks were built around bronzes, to the point where gold cards were used to tutor them. A greatsword on it's own could never beat the value of igni, but with ships and resurrection by freyas in a long round it could. Cards like magne division are good because they can get significant value. Cards like wolf pack are horrible.

Suggestion. Give bronzes much more synergy so that the variance between hands isn't so extreme. Give wolf pack thrive, make peasants boost by 1 more for each buff it gets or even spawn more peasant militia etc. There are already some good bronzes, but the rest need to be buffed to their level. I think all bronzes should be able to reach 8 value, but the cheaper ones should require more set-up or be easier to stop.

Damage is much more powerful than boost. Removal should cost 2 provisions per point of damage not including the body. Any card that can do 3 damage should cost 6 prov minimum or have reach 1. Damage engines should also have their cost increased, or it just becomes a game of who can get their engine out first. Big units can be hard countered by tall removal.

Super engines. I've already mentioned sihil but there are many other worrying engines. NR Vys guy should only gain charge when you play a card and should be at least 10 provisions. Anna Strenger also needs an increase in cost. These two cards win rounds on their own. If you can't stop them you just lose. We have a removal meta because when cards like these go unchallenged you simply lose. Greatswords also do this. Stop it, or you lose. Foltest Pride is another bad card. It can easily board wipe if unchecked. Have Pride only target 1 row. Anna could damage herself by 1 when she boosts units so you need to keep buffing her. With a nerf to damage greatswords should be ok.

Locks and artifact removal need tutors in their current form. These tutor should have no points and just fish them out. This would help a lot. If you can reliably get control you no longer need as much in your deck, therefore you can play more varied cards.

I think these changes would help the game a lot, or at least make it more fun to play, seeing who can get more points rather than who can wipe out their opponents points.

If you have any counterpoints I'd be interested to read them.

Also other card ideas, Crow's Eye. Infect a unit. damage the unit be 1 at the end of every turn. If the infected unit is healed or boosted stop the effect. A card like this would be good to help with high tempo play brought by speartip or golyat.

TLDR

Sihil is still terrible. Provisions need to be improved. Damage should be nerfed. Bronzes need buffing. Super engines need reworking. Locks and artifact removal need tutors.

Top Bottom