Summary of the mod-adventures

+
List updated with "Entrapped" by The Bard modding team! http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=20022.msg434455#msg434455

Hi, if my following question could be answered by browsing through the forum a little more, please ignore my ignorance and try to tolerate my laziness.I was wondering where all the new adventures created in the modding contest were - as I recall there were several modding teams and a couple of them finished? The only one I played was Evil Decision by The Raven Team (which was great, btw) - but where are all the other ones? Is it them on the new patch? Or is there some secret place where all the new stuff is hiding? Because for example Evil Decision is not on the Adventures list on thewitcher.com website, but it's here. Yeah, I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about the game or the community for months and then shows up asking stupid questions. ;)

Lucie said:
Hi, if my following question could be answered by browsing through the forum a little more, please ignore my ignorance and try to tolerate my laziness.
I'll enlighten your ignorance by reminding you that you don't have to just browse; there's also a Search function. ;)
I was wondering where all the new adventures created in the modding contest were - as I recall there were several modding teams and a couple of them finished?
The winner of the contest and one of the Honorable Mentions are part of the new patch. As for the others, the new adventures that are hosted by this site can be found here: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/adventures/. There are some new adventures that contain adult content, so CDPR won't host them on this site; those adventures can be found in the individual threads in the Djinni forum that announce them. The only ones I remember being available that way are Evil Decision and What a Man Needs.Birth and Virgins was also a contest entry, but the downloadable edition hasn't come out yet. The developers told me that they had about two weeks of work left back in March, but there seems to be some hold-up on their end. I've been assured that it will come out eventually, though. It contains some adult content, so it will be hosted off-site and announced in a Djinni forum thread, just like Evil Decision was.

Thank you, Corylea, for promptly and succintly enlightening me :) Your help was much appreciated, I'll check the new patch out and should the need arise, the Search button shall be put to use ;)

I can indeed confirm that we have not given up the ghost with Birth, and Virgins :peace: ... we just hit a patch of laziness, compounded by lack of motivation but things are back in gear and we will be releasing it (eventually) ... twice, if things go according to plan!we plan to release the completed (but unvoiced) version when we have fixed the last few bugs. Later we hope to actually voice the module, so that means a second release when we have the voices done.meanwhile, have fun with the five new modules that came with the patch :peace:

Merry Witchmas is available in English nowhttp://www.thewitcher.com/community/download.php?type=adventure&id=81f376a6905a75e9b1949e268fe5ed179ea3eb5eMore about adventure you can find here

A brandnew mod is on: Medical Problems by Corylea http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=27973.msg5389445#msg5389445 Thanks for sharing it, Cory :DEnjoy it!

Suilebhain said:
The links for the mods deadend on the Witcher 2 splash page. ???
Many of the new adventures are hosted by CDPR, on this site, and a lot of those download links aren't functioning while they revamp the website to advertise The Witcher 2. A number of the new adventures are hosted elsewhere, though; tryEvil DecisionMedical ProblemsRed SilkI think all of those are hosted off-site, so the download links given in the threads that advertise them should still be fine. And some of the adventures whose primary home is here also have mirrors elsewhere. Try The Witcher Vault for Entrapped, Tribute, Blight of the Bogs, John's Diary, Poet's Pride, and The Wedding.Deception and Merry Witchmas can be found at ModDB, along with some of the others.

I'm so happy to find this topic after 1 hour of search. Thanks for the list and other sites to download adventures. Btw, inaccessibility of TW1 official site sucks. OMG Blight of the Bogs on Witcher Vault also hosted on Witcher official site therefore inaccessible :whatthe: :dead: A little search on web and it seems Blight of the Bogs come with 1.5 patch (according to witcher wiki) named as Damn Those Swamps (I can't see any Blight on new adventures in my game. There is only Damn Those Swamps about swamps. So I'm assuming it's name changed) . Am I right? -------------------------- For those eager to find and download all of the adventures I'm wirting this. 1. I'm almost sure Damn Those Swamps is "Blight of the Bogs".2. With 1.5 patch comes 5 adventures including Blight of the Bogs, Deceits, Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet, The Wedding and Merry Witchmass.3. Deceits is not the same adventure with Deception.4. I couldn't get Graveyard Path, John's Diary and The Tribute because all of the links I managed to find leads to official witcher page which only serves to TW2. I'm tired of getting the big fat 2 instead of adventures.4. The link to Poet's Pride in the first post leads to a topic where official witcher site download is given. Not working. I found this http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17864.0 Though it's a month older than the one in op's post I hope it's up-to-date and not buggy. It says it's 1.2v of the module. The dl link given in the topic is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dythnxocyl1 -------------------------------- I also stumbled upon this, The Community Mod Directory, http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=26356.0 Maybe op can add it to the first post.

e-ahmet said:
4. I couldn't get Graveyard Path, John's Diary and The Tribute because all of the links I managed to find leads to official witcher page which only serves to TW2.
The adventures that are readily available should take you awhile to play, and the official site should be back up by the time you finish them all. Still, I'm a gamer, and I know what it is to want a new adventure. ;) So, I've mirrored all three of these adventures -- plus "Poet's Pride" -- on my site; you can get them at http://corylea.com/other_adventures.html

Thank you. I've managed to download them all with your help. Actually I just finished the game yesterday in the normal mode without any cheats and psyched about getting all of the extra content and cheats at once like I've always been doing with my other games so I can play the game for a long time without searching through the forums everytime I finish one adventure. I stored them in a seperate place because I started a new game. I'll try choosing the order's path this time.

Thanks for the update, Corylea!Do all of the community-created mods fall into the "Other Adventures" category when starting up or do any actually integrate with the game (at least are findable in the main campaign)? Just asking because if they do integrate I should download them and install them immediately. If not I can download them soon and install them later.Thanks again for the info!Yes, Blight of the Bog is contained in the 1.5 patch, if I read correctly, as is The Wedding, Merry Witchmas, and two others whose names elude me at the moment.

Be wary of the Mediafire site. It starts dumping cookies on you faster than you can say Trick or Treat, one of which tries to get you to "click here to remove your viruses" on a fake page that appears to be a Windows Security screen. I ran my antivirus twice, once at boot, wasting about four hours of game time but nothing came up, so it is a scam, but be wary anyway.Realtor.com wants to dominate your PC!

You can find a lil bit newer versions of The Wedding and Merry Witchmas at http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcher/mods

Suilebhain said:
Thanks for the update, Corylea!
You're welcome!
Do all of the community-created mods fall into the "Other Adventures" category when starting up or do any actually integrate with the game (at least are findable in the main campaign)? Just asking because if they do integrate I should download them and install them immediately. If not I can download them soon and install them later.
All of the new adventures -- including the ones made by CDPR -- are "Other Adventures;" there's nothing that combines with the main game to become a piece of it.
Yes, Blight of the Bog is contained in the 1.5 patch, if I read correctly, as is The Wedding, Merry Witchmas, and two others whose names elude me at the moment.
"Deceits" and "Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet."
Suilebhain said:
Be wary of the Mediafire site. It starts dumping cookies on you faster than you can say Trick or Treat, one of which tries to get you to "click here to remove your viruses" on a fake page that appears to be a Windows Security screen. I ran my antivirus twice, once at boot, wasting about four hours of game time but nothing came up, so it is a scam, but be wary anyway.
This is a well-known scam, and most people just ignore it. Thanks for pointing it out to those who didn't know about it, though.

The page for downloading new adventures has changed; they're now at http://tw1.thewitcher.com/article/en/downloadsMine isn't (*sniff* *sob*), but the other ones are back now.

I just finished Chapter 1 of Medical Problems. What an excellent mod! I was so impressed by the attention to detail.I am truly hoping you continue. You did such a fine job creating that little village (love the John Carpenter reference!) I was looking forward to much, much more. I was disappointed that it ended when it did, but I understand the scope of effort involved.I especially enjoyed that everyone treated Geralt so well ;-).One thing I wondered about - why Geralt no longer has the Lady's sword. Is it something that is not available in the toolset?

Top Bottom