Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Arasaka

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters
- Night gameplay
- Deeper look at Character Creator
- Other ( I still want to know how intimidation and persuasion works, or what skills they are associated with )

I WANT to see it all!

I expect a deeper look at character creation and perhaps a look at another district in Night City.

Who cares? It's 4 months away anyway. Though I admit, it is interesting to see if character creation and skills system are set in stone. If it is, then it's just barebones, for an open world rpg.

just something new it could just be a cyberpunk water bottle rendered in game and i'd be satisfied

(really i wanna see a deeper dive into weapon customization)

Character creator leading into Techie Corpo lifepath prologue mission showing off City Center at night. Incorporating a look at the stat/skill/perk options would be nice too.

Yep, Other fer sure. I’d "like" to see everything from column 2, but really at this point I‘d just as soon save it for the (still too freaking many days away) release. *sigh*

I think that avoiding any story spoilers as such, showing Night city the way it is in the very beginning of the game (kind of like a tourist guide) could be possible. Show the setting. Maybe more panoramic views. Maybe explaining the services available such as the public transport and whatnot. Show how the people live. Interview locals "what do you think of Night City".

Also to possibly re-iterate on what options are available in the character creation, so we could at least in our minds imagine and plan what kind of character we would play once the release comes.

I dont need any info as such to make decision to buy (I preordered during E3 2019), I'm just spitballing ideas here.

Rain is so important to me in videogames. I really want to see how it's implemented here. One of my favorite parts of TW3 was the storms; the tree animations were quite unique. I'd be happy to see anything, though.

I forgot one extremely important thing I think needs to be addressed: street cred perks. what kind of stuff can be unlocked exactly? Is it fluid or hard gated? E.g. classic reputation to unlock vendors or equipment ("you need to be this famous to get the real deal") Vs spend 1 point to get 5% discount from all vendors.

...street cred perks... classic reputation to unlock vendors or equipment ("you need to be this famous to get the real deal") Vs spend 1 point to get 5% discount from all vendors.
CDPR left me the impression that this reputation system is simple and based on ranks, like you said: "you need to be this famous to get the real deal".
They also said that when you get to a new district you are almost a nobody there, and only fixers will give you missions. So a little street cred from previous districts still carry to the new place.

This made me think of two possible ways of how street cred works:
1) each district has its own reputation meter;
2) or there is a general reputation for all, but each new district requires higher ranks of cred for unlocking stuff inside it.

Example for option 2): Let's say that City Center requires you to have level 30 reputation to access it's starting fixer, and then with each level, or number of levels, after 30 you start to unlock vendors, new items from vendors, new missions and so on.

CDPR left me the impression that this reputation system is simple and based on ranks, like you said: "you need to be this famous to get the real deal".
They also said that when you get to a new district you are almost a nobody there, and only fixers will give you missions. So a little street cred from previous districts still carry to the new place.

This made me think of two possible ways of how street cred works:
1) each district has its own reputation meter;
2) or there is a general reputation for all, but each new district requires higher ranks of cred for unlocking stuff inside it.

Example for option 2): Let's say that City Center requires you to have level 30 reputation to access it's starting fixer, and then with each level, or number of levels, after 30 you start to unlock vendors, new items from vendors, new missions and so on.
From what we know, I think the street cred work in this way:
They both hard gate vendors (you need to be level 30 to unlock it) and to use points to unlock discounts and alike.
Which I don't like since it's not immersive and fluid, too gamey.
Let's see how it goes.

From what we know, I think the street cred work in this way:
They both hard gate vendors (you need to be level 30 to unlock it) and to use points to unlock discounts and alike.
Which I don't like since it's not immersive and fluid, too gamey.

Agreed. But CDPR has been REALLY old-school with certain "gamey" stuff which in my opinion flies in the face of immersion. (vendor trash loot, leveling progression). I will have to live with whatever they come up with, and it wont prevent me from getting this game by a long shot, but I don't like it. Things could be even better if they just ditched these 20-year old concepts.

Agreed. But CDPR has been REALLY old-school with certain "gamey" stuff which in my opinion flies in the face of immersion. (vendor trash loot, leveling progression). I will have to live with whatever they come up with, and it wont prevent me from getting this game by a long shot, but I don't like it. Things could be even better if they just ditched these 20-year old concepts.
Of course I'll buy the game anyway. But it wouldn't take much effort to design those mechanics in a slightly more immersive way. Not like making an improved driving system or whatever, here's just a matter of paying attention to small details. Not even saying they could change it now, way too late even if we gave this feedback back in 2018, but it'd be nice to know how this things are addressed and eventually why they were addressed this way.

I'm glad to see many people show my "concern" and Ubisoft seemingly trying to address it with their new, upteenth, assassin's creed. Maybe the industry is finally making a step forward and CDPR will do the same with the next Witcher.

Seeing the night time city or the badlands that surround it. Acid rain and its effects on the NPCs
I'm personally happy with anything that can ease the pain of four months. With the current ratings and mature themes that are out its shaping out to be quite as I imagined! Cant wait.

Well, I'd like to see what exploring the city at night feels like along with a short mission playthrough. So much must have changed since 2018.

However, if I had to choose one thing it'd be a better look at the gunplay. The bits last year were too short and fast (the way it was edited) for me follow.

I'd want it to give me a better idea of how skills and cyberwear have an impact on combat - in terms of mechanics and the possible accompanying 'visual' cues.

I think they've already said that there is no more big video before the game releases.
So maybe we could watch some more CP77 through an new, - updated - , and hopefully generous trailer.
With lots of ingame footage : various character looks (body and clothing), some action, Keanu Silverhand dropping some punchline, big music, great views from Night City, activities... :ok:

Top Bottom