Summer's Crown bug?

+
Summer's Crown bug?

Hi, guys.
When I go to the shrine I click on the activate button and the text pop-up on the side of my screen says "New ability: Summer's Crown". But, when I go to my ability list, There's nothing similar there and my quen sign is still the same (upgrade is red).
I even read the related book, but it doesn't work.

Hi, guys.
When I go to the shrine I click on the activate button and the text pop-up on the side of my screen says "New ability: Summer's Crown". But, when I go to my ability list, There's nothing similar there and my quen sign is still the same (upgrade is red).
I even read the related book, but it doesn't work.

Check the load screen - do you have it enabled in the DLC?

Hi,

Since I am not allowed to post new topics yet, I searched for something relevant and I am now going to post this in this old thread.
I tried looking this up on google and very few helpful things came up. I think there was only two posts on forums that said what the problem was.

It appears that many mods, including FCR2 and weight mods, vendor mods etc. interfere with you getting the abilities "Summer's Crown" and "Winter's Shroud". There's now a mod for it on Nexus, however it does not enable the abilities, it just lets you gain the abilities after visiting the locations where you get them, whereas before you wouldn't get it.

My question is: Is there a way to enable these abilities retroactively, for exmaple if you're in chapter 3? I have no idea about modding TW2, but if anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.

I hope this helps someone who starts playing TW2 now, installs a weight mod thinking there won't be any problems and then they're confused when the abilities won't show up. Download the mod on Nexus so you can get the abilities. It's called "Carry Weight Mod 2015 (Summer's Crown Compatible)" by Graxster.

EDIT: Ok everyone, I found a fix that adds the abilities into the game. Unfortunately it adds ALL abilities to the game, but I guess that's OK because I'm so far into the game where it doesn't matter. That and of course, using Graxster's mod, you can get the abilities the proper way intended by the developers on your next playthrough.

The mod which adds ALL abilities to your game is called "gq The Witcher 2 All Story Abilities Mod". Just search for it on google. It's on some guy's blog. For some reason that person didn't upload it to Nexus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom