Summon from graveyard

+
What is the difference between summon and play fom graveyard? I stumbled over this issue, because both are tranlated to my language as "summon", and to my surprise Cerys an Craite is only summoned when I summon a card with Eist, but not when summoning a card with Sigrdrifa's rite. Of course the cards in question were warriors and got to the board just fine. Only Cerys acts differently.

If there is a difference between "play from graveyard" and "summon from graveyard", this difference was completely ignored in the translation. I would then ask you all kindly to list the cards that "play from graveyard". I tried to do it myself on GwentUp, but I'm sure you have more knowledge than a database and a guy translating GwentUp to his language.

Copy and play and summon is different, with summon you do not play the card, which means it does not trigger things that normally triggers when it is played. Like deploy and such stuff.

It's basically just put on the board.

^ Correct.

If any other keywords are causing confusion, consider glancing at the Glossary.
I would love people actually read what I posted. My version of Gwent makes no difference between "play" and "summon" in the card descriptions! No Glossary can help me with a terrible mistake made when translating Gwent to my language!
To make it even more clear: On Eist, you (if playing english version) will read "play from graveyard", but in my language it reads "summon from graveyard" (I just re-translated it back to English for you)

So please, if any with knowledge are out there: I would very much appreciate a list with cards that "play from graveyard". Hopefully DSPR will be more sensitive regarding translations of Gwent in the future.

If there are translation issues, you can report it here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/gwent/pc/gwent-gameplay/issue/731/i-want-to-report-a-typo

But don‘t forget to mention which language it is.
Thank you. Submitted. However, until it's corrected for all of the cards, I have no chance to distinguish between cards that "play" and cards that "summon" from graveyard. It would really help a lot, if one would list a few cards that explicitly "play" from graveyard

However, until it's corrected for all of the cards, I have no chance to distinguish between cards that "play" and cards that "summon" from graveyard.
You could change your game's display language to English, make notes of those cards, and then change the language back? That would give a 100% up-to-date list, though I suspect there are such lists available online as well.

I'm not afraid to admit it: my derpery is unbelievable! It turned out to be a weird idiocy on my side. False alarm. All is well.

hi
I was playing in training mode. I had 4 crows (doomed status) and I also had a savage beast. I played sigrdifa's rite and got axel three eyes out of the graveyard and placed it on the range row expected to get 5 extra points but this didn't happen is this an error?
Mark

If you played him in the correct row and had 5 units with beast category on the board, then yes, judging from the description of the card (haven't played him yet), Axel should have gotten 5 more points.

Edit: scratch that, I overlooked the summon part in your description of the issue.

Last edited:
I was playing in training mode. I had 4 crows (doomed status) and I also had a savage beast. I played sigrdifa's rite and got axel three eyes out of the graveyard and placed it on the range row expected to get 5 extra points but this didn't happen is this an error?
"Summon a card" does not trigger this card's deploy effects, so it is not a bug.
This post is also for @devivre.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
hi
Mark

Sigdrifa's Rite isnt really good to revive units you want the deploy effect, like axel-3 eyes.

Sigdrifa's rite is good to revive cards like Jutta (where you DONT want the deploy effect), other tall units, the defender or engines, preferably gold, expensive ones like Dagur.

Top Bottom