Summoning units on the enemy board mechanic revision

+
how about when I summon a unit on the enemy side, like with Tibor, and that unit has ORDER, the order ability isn't available right away for the enemy.. like it happens when they play the card themselves.. the way it is now is dumb AF! I summon the unit then immediately then can use it, the F?!?!

Here's an example how wrong this is:
Play TIBOR, the enemy gets DAMIEN, turn over, enemy's turn, they get to use the ORDER ability right away.

Normally when the enemy plays an ORDER unit, I get a chance to reply BEFORE it goes off. With this broke ass summon mechanic I never get the chance and it isn't by design, it's an oversight.

Last edited:
Just played TIBOR, the enemy drew ARTIS, and my unit, TIBOR, hit the board at 6HP.. so basically my unit summoned the other one, which hit the board BEFORE MY UNIT!!!!!! then my unit got half HP... the F is going on CDPR???!

Makes no sense, my DEPLOY happens first, it summons (second priority), then the other unit gets on the board, by that time my own unit should already be down... what's the logic here??

Just played TIBOR, the enemy drew ARTIS, and my unit, TIBOR, hit the board at 6HP.. so basically my unit summoned the other one, which hit the board BEFORE MY UNIT!!!!!! then my unit got half HP... the F is going on CDPR???!

Makes no sense, my DEPLOY happens first, it summons (second priority), then the other unit gets on the board, by that time my own unit should already be down... what's the logic here??

Deploy abilities act before units are played — that’s why Aukes can lock a longship without taking damage. The interaction between Tibor and Artis is consistent with this — which is as it should be.

how about when I summon a unit on the enemy side, like with Tibor, and that unit has ORDER, the order ability isn't available right away for the enemy.. like it happens when they play the card themselves.. the way it is now is dumb AF! I summon the unit then immediately then can use it, the F?!?!

Here's an example how wrong this is:
Play TIBOR, the enemy gets DAMIEN, turn over, enemy's turn, they get to use the ORDER ability right away.

Normally when the enemy plays an ORDER unit, I get a chance to reply BEFORE it goes off. With this broke ass summon mechanic I never get the chance and it isn't by design, it's an oversight.

Unless a unit has zeal, it cannot execute orders on the turn it is deployed. I like that the rules are simple and without exceptions — even if the exceptions might make sense. Otherwise there get to be way too many minute details for the game to be fun. I don’t think Tibor is unplayable weak, though he is very random. If you don’t like the way he works, I suggest you don’t play him.

Deploy abilities act before units are played — that’s why Aukes can lock a longship without taking damage. The interaction between Tibor and Artis is consistent with this — which is as it should be.
OK so my problem with the mechanic is that my own unit, the one summoning the second unit, hits the board aaaffter the second unit. So the second unit acts onto my own unit, which was played first, summoning with DEPLOY the second.

OK so my problem with the mechanic is that my own unit, the one summoning the second unit, hits the board aaaffter the second unit. So the second unit acts onto my own unit, which was played first, summoning with DEPLOY the second.

Yes because the former is PLAYED. And the latter is SUMMONED by a deploy abilty. Deploy interactions take place before play interactions. Everything is in order.

Guest 4368268

Definitely not an oversight. The mechanic works as intended and I think that's a good thing.
Just like how you get a good laugh when you Tibor out your opponents' Adalia or something, they get one when you summon their Damien for them. That's just the risk of Tibor (or Vilgefortz)

It's fine the way it is. There needs to be risk involved when playing cards that Summon cards for the opponent. Not to mention it would make no sense to change the Order mechanic just because of a few cards.

Definitely not an oversight. The mechanic works as intended and I think that's a good thing.
Just like how you get a good laugh when you Tibor out your opponents' Adalia or something, they get one when you summon their Damien for them. That's just the risk of Tibor (or Vilgefortz)
Oh boy and how I laughed and laughed and almost uninstalled the game, hilarious indeed!!!
Post automatically merged:

Yes because the former is PLAYED. And the latter is SUMMONED by a deploy abilty. Deploy interactions take place before play interactions. Everything is in order.

I wish these mechanics would be properly explained in the game, as to not do an action anticipating a different result.

Last edited:
There are a lot of things that CDPR explains very poorly — which is further reason to want mechanics to be consistent; at least consistent mechanics can be learned from experience.

Tibor is for this reason mostly not played but summoned by vilge or played in a mill deck after milling every unit from your deck or even as a mill card himself. He is also the keycard of the "reveal" deck. you thin every other unit out of your deck and use the powerfull reveal only with his 13 power

Top Bottom